Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know that the prevailing thought from the experts on the main board is that Milan are a garbage squad that we will walk though in the EL but they have a lot of players that are very appealing.

Calhanoglu is probably a little older than I prefer but he would look great playing in the 10 position that Moura was playing today. Could make every run that Moura does without losing it to defenders more often than not, actually not only can make the simple passes that Moura can't but opens up defense with his passing and his set piece play is obviously a big need.

Rebic as well is playing much better than I normally see from him today. Not my first choice, but wouldn't be terrible as a back-up striker/winger.

Plus they have guys like Kessie, Bennacer, Leao, Romagnoli that have impressed in the past.

I know that the prevailing thought from the experts on the main board is that Milan are a garbage squad that we will walk though in the EL but they have a lot of players that are very appealing.

Calhanoglu is probably a little older than I prefer but he would look great playing in the 10 position that Moura was playing today. Could make every run that Moura does without losing it to defenders more often than not, actually not only can make the simple passes that Moura can't but opens up defense with his passing and his set piece play is obviously a big need.

Rebic as well is playing much better than I normally see from him today. Not my first choice, but wouldn't be terrible as a back-up striker/winger.

Plus they have guys like Kessie, Bennacer, Leao, Romagnoli that have impressed in the past.

Kessie is one of the best performing central midfielders in Europe.

They've absolutely missed Bennacer since his injury though as they were probably the best pairing around.

They are a good team.

LOL

What an unreal dive from Mkitarayan just falling over for nothing.

Not sure why the announcers are crying so much over that call, the ref got it bang on.

Where would we be in the EPL table if we had similar top 6 results to United?

11th

We have 10 points from 8 games they have 5 points from 7 so if you drop off 4 or 5 points from us to account for the extra game that we played likely being a draw or loss that puts us 11th on 34/5 points.

Although those calculations could all be wrong!

11th

We have 10 points from 8 games they have 5 points from 7 so if you drop off 4 or 5 points from us to account for the extra game that we played likely being a draw or loss that puts us 11th on 34/5 points.

Although those calculations could all be wrong!
Literally incorrect.
For starters if we had drawn and not lost v Liverpool we would have more points than them.

Maybe you're right but I think you are wrong but it's been a long day and I ain't gonna check.
Point is I wouldn't mind United's record of not getting beaten by our rivals.

I think we are still pretty poor off by those metrics.

United lost to Woolwich at home so we lose those 3 points, they lost to us at home so we lost those 3 points, they drew City at home so we lose 2 points there.

They drew Liverpool when we lost so that gives us an extra point.

We both drew Chelsea away so that is the same and we lost to Chelsea while they drew them at home so we pick up a point.

So by my calculations we pick up two points and lose 8 points.

You are right that we don't have the loss to Liverpool (only one counts now since United haven't played them a 2nd time) but we also lose our wins against them and Woolwich and our City win is not as valuable because it becomes a draw.

Again I will say my numbers could be effed up as I am doing this quickly but I don't think we come out ahead.

Back
Top Bottom