Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The connection is the bit that's in front of his managerial credentials for me. Not just him being a Spurs fan and ex-player and academy coach (for a year) but his entire backroom team have Spurs running through their veins. Parker, Wells, Moore, Gardiner, Burch & Hill and there might be a couple of others to add that I can't recall off the top of my head. Approx 50-60yrs combined between has been spent at Hotspur Way under the direct tutelage of McDermott. I find this hugely appealing.
Why? We produced 1 player of certified 1st team quality. So you're suggesting going with the familiar even if they are shit? This little Spursiness has got to go. And if we do get rid of the dinosaur, which you so desire, then why saddle him with people stuck in the past? New frontiers my man.

Why? We produced 1 player of certified 1st team quality. So you're suggesting going with the familiar even if they are shit? This little Spursiness has got to go. And if we do get rid of the dinosaur, which you so desire, then why saddle him with people stuck in the past? New frontiers my man.
Nothing to do with players academy has produced (but there have been loads and the academy has generated over £150m in revenue in player sales since moving to new training ground).

On the football side of things It’s all about how they play that I like. Away from the pitch I like the fact that this group all came trough McDermott at Hotspur way, it’s just a feel good thing with a couple being at the club for over 15yrs or so!! It’s an intangible that can’t be measured and not sure it should even be a reason to make a selection for a manager (and his team).

But on a “feels” level it’s right up there, same as having King or Mason involved with the coaching at the Club. Are they good coaches? I haven’t got a clue.

Nothing to do with players academy has produced (but there have been loads and the academy has generated over £150m in revenue in player sales since moving to new training ground).

On the football side of things It’s all about how they play that I like. Away from the pitch I like the fact that this group all came trough McDermott at Hotspur way, it’s just a feel good thing with a couple being at the club for over 15yrs or so!! It’s an intangible that can’t be measured and not sure it should even be a reason to make a selection for a manager (and his team).

But on a “feels” level it’s right up there, same as having King or Mason involved with the coaching at the Club. Are they good coaches? I haven’t got a clue.
Fair enough. Emotions are always the best basis for making reasonable decisions I say. I say bring back 'Arry while we're at it. We've never had it so good.

Back
Top Bottom