Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good and needed result for Brighton. It would be a shame if they were to go down but I wouldn't mind poaching Bissouma is they do.

Wow have Saints utterly collapsed this season. I know it was very early on, but they were flying there for a while. They are currently 14th with 33 points, just 7 points clear of the relegation zone.

Yeah, more excited by Potter.

No team presses like SH though. They really try to get three people on the ball carrier everytime

I think they are the two most interesting coaches in the PL. I don’t mean two best (obviously Guardiola and Klopp are), just the two coaches whose methods are most intriguing to me.

Potter is undoubtedly less one dimensional, more adaptable, and holistically probably the more complete coach, the lower risk option of the two, probably the more likely to succeed, but I can’t help but love Hasenhuttl’s ultra high risk, fairly uncompromising approach.

I don’t think I have ever seen a boring Southampton game. And I accept part of that are the risks/flaws in Hasenhuttl’s approach, (some of those flaws aren’t his doing) and maybe if he was our coach it would drive me nuts. But for the neutral in me, his approach makes the games he’s involved in, some of the few I actually enjoy watching in the PL.

I think they are the two most interesting coaches in the PL. I don’t mean two best (obviously Guardiola and Klopp are), just the two coaches whose methods are most intriguing to me.

Potter is undoubtedly less one dimensional, more adaptable, and holistically probably the more complete coach, the lower risk option of the two, probably the more likely to succeed, but I can’t help but love Hasenhuttl’s ultra high risk, fairly uncompromising approach.

I don’t think I have ever seen a boring Southampton game. And I accept part of that are the risks/flaws in Hasenhuttl’s approach, (some of those flaws aren’t his doing) and maybe if he was our coach it would drive me nuts. But for the neutral in me, his approach makes the games he’s involved in, some of the few I actually enjoy watching in the PL.
Hasenhuttl just strikes me as incredibly naive. How many times have they pissed away early leads by continuing to play very high defensive lines and not being more pragmatic? This article is about a month old at this point...

But they had by far the most points dropped from a winning position.

There's having a philosophy and there's being foolish.

Hasenhuttl just strikes me as incredibly naive. How many times have they pissed away early leads by continuing to play very high defensive lines and not being more pragmatic? This article is about a month old at this point...

But they had by far the most points dropped from a winning position.

There's having a philosophy and there's being foolish.

As I said, I accept his very high risk and somewhat one dimensional approach comes with inherent risks and flaws and for me as a neutral that’s part of the attraction.

Interestingly, Pochettino had the worst record for surrendering points from leads in the PL as Southampton manager and in his first season with us (I think).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom