Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Causing vandalism is not on, however it's putting the issues all true match going fans have put up with for years on centre stage as sky don't have a match to show.

If it's harming viewing audiences and causing more brand damage to the premier league and the global brands of the clubs then good.

Protesting is fine - ground invasion and smashing up TV cameras - you really think that's OK? The US disease where mob rule has morphed into almost acceptable ... another great export from the USA that nobody needed.
I don't agree with smashing up camera's I think going into the ground is totally fine.

These cunt owners need to get out of our game, ours included.

I draw the line at physical violence but everything else is fully justified and has been coming a long time.

Compare and contrast with a bloke with an acoustic guitar and a trustafarian in a grubby t-shirt with ENIC OUT scrawled on in marker pen outside WHL.
Definitely a jarring difference.

Levy Out suffers from quite a bit of mixed messaging in that regard.

Regardless, this should not be a club-specific moment. This should be about solidarity among all supporters. Football should be open, it should be competitive and it should be for the fans. And the fans have all the leverage in the world to see that be the case, if they are able and willing to use it in a coordinated fashion.

Well done United supporters.

Bought out by who?

The fans can protest all they want and act like idiots breaking into the stadium to wreck things pretending to do it because they care about the club and not because they are pieces of shit looking to cause trouble, but if nobody is willing to pay billions to the owners it really doesn't mean much.
I love the way people think that no club can be bought out these days....
Are we to believe Utd or Spurs for example are stuck with their current owners forever? Total nonsense!!

Liverpool forced their previous owners out and haven’t looked back....

Owners may think 100% of shareholding’s is “technically” owning a football club, but the truth is, and it’s the most important part of any club, it’s fans, can’t be bought...
When you think about it, owners never really own all of a football club.....

Are we to believe Utd or Spurs for example are stuck with their current owners forever? Total nonsense!!

Owners may think 100% of shareholding’s is “technically” owning a football club, but the truth is, and it’s the most important part of any club, it’s fans, can’t be bought...

I never said they can't be bought out but with the values of the clubs nowadays the number of people that can buy the club is very small, coupled with the number of people who also want to buy a club makes the prospective owners miniscule.

Liverpool didn't force their previous owners out, that is a nice little narrative that fans tell themselves but two major things needed to happen outside of the fans. Hicks ran the business terribly so was in trouble financially and FSG had to come along to buy it. If FSG, or nobody else, were there to buy it fans could have stamped their feet and cried all they want, Hicks and Gillete weren't going to give up a business worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

I don't agree with smashing up camera's I think going into the ground is totally fine.

These cunt owners need to get out of our game, ours included.

I draw the line at physical violence but everything else is fully justified and has been coming a long time.

So why didn't you say that in #26,150 ..... and no aggravated trespass is not fine, do you teach your children to do that?

I get why they'd protest the ESL.

Man Utd fans have been complaining ever since they stopped winning the league though.

It's not like they don't spend big. It's not like they don't get the players they want.

Yes the owners take money out but anyone who has the money to buy them would do the same.

Always seemed like a very spoilt, entitled fanbase to me.

Don't think anyone has ever said that - everything has a price - the point is you can't make owners walk away for next to nothing - FSG paid 300m for Liverpool and last week rejected a bid of 3 billion - that's despite fans wanting them out.

Ashley has been hated in Newcastle for years - yet he's still the owner.

Fans may be the "heart" of the club, but the shareholders are the owners, loved or hated.

So why didn't you say that in #26,150 ..... and no aggravated trespass is not fine, do you teach your children to do that?
Didn't know any damage was done, I'm not watching it. I just saw the headline that fans had burst into the ground.

Back when I was a wee lad I used to bunk into the Lido through the fence and have a swim before it was open, technically that was trespass. It was harmless.

Life isn't black and white there is big fucking blend of grey in the middle.

I feel the pitch entry was justified given all the shit United fans and football fans in general have put up with from greedy owners who are killing the game.

You don't agree, fine. We agree to disagree.

But if you think anything is going to change without fans taking action your wrong. This might make the glazers take notice, and hopefully the likes of ENIC will now be aware they are on thin ice as well.

Football has been totally raped through the years, enough is enough.

Ah good there's still time for Roy Keane and Souness to sell Grealish and Kane to United.

that's what football wants isn't it? a strong Man U. like the good old days when they could just hoover up the best talent from the league and turn the league into the Bundsliga.

You think the Glazers are going to sell a billion dollar company because a few idiots broke into the ground and smashed up some cameras?

I hope they are that weak but they have shown they don't care about a lot more serious things so hard to imagine 100's of fans breaking the law and looking like idiots change their mind.

You think the Glazers are going to sell a billion dollar company because a few idiots broke into the ground and smashed up some cameras?

I hope they are that weak but they have shown they don't care about a lot more serious things so hard to imagine 100's of fans breaking the law and looking like idiots change their mind.
Probably not, but their only option is to protest, Doing nothing is even worse if you want change.

Probably not, but their only option is to protest, Doing nothing is even worse if you want change.

I agree they should protest, breaking the law by trespassing and damaging property is not part of that in my view. They have no reason to do it at all and to me it damages their message and likely is done by folks that aren't really there because of their love of the club but more because they want to cause trouble/go to a "protest."

Back
Top Bottom