Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I get why they'd protest the ESL.

Man Utd fans have been complaining ever since they stopped winning the league though.

It's not like they don't spend big. It's not like they don't get the players they want.

Yes the owners take money out but anyone who has the money to buy them would do the same.

Always seemed like a very spoilt, entitled fanbase to me.
Yeah, some of them can't seem to get it through their heads that it was Alex Ferguson's managerial skills and eye for talent that won them most of those trophies.

That and having one of the best youth intakes in footballing history all at once helped matters as well.

Didn't know any damage was done, I'm not watching it. I just saw the headline that fans had burst into the ground.

Back when I was a wee lad I used to bunk into the Lido through the fence and have a swim before it was open, technically that was trespass. It was harmless.

Life isn't black and white there is big fucking blend of grey in the middle.

I feel the pitch entry was justified given all the shit United fans and football fans in general have put up with from greedy owners who are killing the game.

You don't agree, fine. We agree to disagree.

But if you think anything is going to change without fans taking action your wrong. This might make the glazers take notice, and hopefully the likes of ENIC will now be aware they are on thin ice as well.

Football has been totally raped through the years, enough is enough.

If you think resorting to criminality is the answer to "a nasty man owning my club" that's a very slippery slope ... would you smash up a local shop if you didn't like the owner's prices? ... how about trashing a church if you didn't like that religion? ... or destroying a school whose headmaster didn't teach the way you wanted?

Just because it's a football club that you feel passionate about doesn't mean crinminal protest can ever be acceptable. You really should think about that again.

Protest - banners - block the coaches on a public road - that's all legit, ground invasion like today's action simply isn't.

Why the fuck isn't this game being played? The supporters are long since gone. The PL would have made us play with supporters on the pitch. Cunts. I bet it's those fucking scousers trying to get the game cancelled and replayed the day before the Europa League final.

Will not watch sky apart from the match but what are they doing about our match if it is still played as will overlap. Will not be happy if they delay our match because the fans of MU led on by Sky pundit Neville have delayed that match.

If you think resorting to criminality is the answer to "a nasty man owning my club" that's a very slippery slope ... would you smash up a local shop if you didn't like the owner's prices? ... how about trashing a church if you didn't like that religion? ... or destroying a school whose headmaster didn't teach the way you wanted?

Just because it's a football club that you feel passionate about doesn't mean crinminal protest can ever be acceptable. You really should think about that again.

Protest - banners - block the coaches on a public road - that's all legit, ground invasion like today's action simply isn't.
The one wally who allegedly broke a camera aside, None of those examples you gave are equivalent to breaking into a largely empty ground and demonstrating in front of a few cameras.
I wouldn't smash up a shop or church for any reasons I can think of so its a false equivalency.

Incidentally I'm not 100% sure but isn't blocking a public road also a crime? emergency services could be impacted? this is why I'm talking about grey areas.

The grey areas and context are very important to any discussion.

That’s not the point of it it is to make owning the club more difficult and to embarrass them. They may ride it out or they may say this is more trouble than it’s worth and sell.
I love people finally standing up to rich owners like them & greedy football. Glad some are doing it to enic too.

I agree they should protest, breaking the law by trespassing and damaging property is not part of that in my view. They have no reason to do it at all and to me it damages their message and likely is done by folks that aren't really there because of their love of the club but more because they want to cause trouble/go to a "protest."
Ikr. Jumping in nets, stealing corner flags, taking vids for the insta and how many of them were pissed up. Muggy cunts.

Back
Top Bottom