Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Had to be!

Kyle Walker-Peters, who I'm more and more convinced each week was actually Tottenham's best right-back, plays a brilliant pass through to find Che Adams inside the area. Nick Pope comes out to meet him but Adams is able to squeeze a pass inside and find former Burnley man Danny Ings, who clips into the back of the net under pressure.

Whoever is giving this commentary clearly didn't watch KWP last weekend...

What you're saying in the context of the Moura incident makes sense. That was an utterly ridiculous call. Today's was a handball in my opinion though.

I don't know, I think no matter what they try and write the rule up as, it's not going to work. It should just be handballs that creative an unfair advantage and then trust the refs (LOL) to know what that looks like. Moura is fouled and his arm brushes the ball and it doesn't change direction = no unfair advantage. Harvetz arms the ball down, completely changing the direction of the ball, in the penalty area = unfair advantage.
Moura's call wasn't ref or VAR's fault. The rule was to blame. It was a dumb rule and tbh even the rulemakers realised their mistake. So, they tried to amend it this season. I don't mind that they're allowing attackers to accidentally handle the ball a bit this season (again Havertz one still looked a bit too dodgy to be allowed) but what pisses me off is that they're gonna penalise the defenders for stuffs they're allowing the attackers to get away with. That's utterly ridiculous and unfair.

Why the hell didn't Wood's goal stand there?

200.gif

I was saying the exact same thing to myself in the first half. Ribery looked incredibly sharp and very quick. Impressive.

Also very impressed by Kouame. Castrovilli is amazing too.

I'd never really watched much Serie A before it came to ESPN+ last year, but I've found it a lot of fun to watch, exceeding its dreary reputation.

I love the PL, but there's a lot to be said for the more deliberate, tactical continental game as well.

It would be nice to have a true title race, but Inter are hardly looking contenders on this evidence.

Why the hell didn't Wood's goal stand there?

200.gif

Only listening on the radio, but apparently given offside BUT (and here's the punchline).... Ref's earpiece isn't working so can't hear the VAR check on the offside.

How about stopping play and grabbing a spare (please tell me they have more than one headset in the stadium!).....?????

Every match today subject to an officiating stink.

This league's decended into fucking amateur hour!!!

Back
Top Bottom