Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought it was because Mane sliding tackled the goalie and missed the ball?

i think they are calling a foul against Mane, although I think it is his leg dragging and tripping Ogbonna, either way there was no foul by Mane on either player. It was a ridiculous decision from Friend.

But after last season I feel zero sympathy for Liverpool, they are now just experience what every other team (outside of United) have dealt with since VAR came in.

Disagree. Ref disagrees too on second view too apparently.

Was the foul called on Mane for Fabianski or Ogbonna? On my feed the announcers seemed to think it was him dragging his feet to trip Ogbonna.

Either way Friend making a terrible decision doesn't change the fact it wasn't close to a foul on Fabianski. I can maybe squint and see the trip on the defender but if it was called because of Fabianski that is even more of a terrible call.

How the fuck is that not given as offside. At that speed mane just being there makes a difference to the defender as he thinks mane will touch it and he effectively dummies it.

Was the foul called on Mane for Fabianski or Ogbonna? On my feed the announcers seemed to think it was him dragging his feet to trip Ogbonna.

Either way Friend making a terrible decision doesn't change the fact it wasn't close to a foul on Fabianski. I can maybe squint and see the trip on the defender but if it was called because of Fabianski that is even more of a terrible call.
I think the one on Ogbonna was fairly obvious. I get there’s some subjectivity to it. If the referee who made the original call felt it was enough to reverse it after he reviewed it that’s good enough for me.

My main issue with VAR is some other official intervening completely. Let the man in the field decide after being told to take a look. I can live with that comfortably.

Back
Top Bottom