Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly fellas, I don't hate James Ward-Prowse, but I really think this is a case of a coaches system making a player look better

I would agree with that. I was just thinking of him in our side and I am not as excited.

But credit to the kid. He didn't look like he was going to take his chance, but he is one of the first names on the sheet.

Full credit to Ralph too. He has this team up to speed and they are a tough matchup. Did he roll with the 4222/442 in Germany? I wasn't watching the RB setup back then.

I would agree with that. I was just thinking of him in our side and I am not as excited.

But credit to the kid. He didn't look like he was going to take his chance, but he is one of the first names on the sheet.

Full credit to Ralph too. He has this team up to speed and they are a tough matchup. Did he roll with the 4222/442 in Germany? I wasn't watching the RB setup back then.

He'd regularly play 442 in the Bundesliga.

I remember a brilliant performance away at Dortmund playing a 442 with Kampl and Keita as the two 6s and they were outstanding.

He's a good player. Fabulous technique and works hard. Not really good enough for the top top clubs. I think Southampton, Everton and even Leicester are probably his level.
I do think there are places for lesser names in your side, as long as they adopt the ethos and show up to work everyday. James Milner, Gareth Barry, Sissoko, Jordan Henderson, Georginio Wijnaldum (copy pasted that name), are all players like JWP in my opinion. Huge parts to sides that are there on merit and their willingness to bleed for the side.

one name does not belong

I do think there are places for lesser names in your side, as long as they adopt the ethos and show up to work everyday. James Milner, Gareth Barry, Sissoko, Jordan Henderson, Georginio Wijnaldum (copy pasted that name), are all players like JWP in my opinion. Huge parts to sides that are there on merit and their willingness to bleed for the side.

Oh no doubt.

I think he'd be a good squad player for us (and any of the top 6 sides).

I would prefer someone better but I think if JWP was the 4th guy in a 3 man MF with PEH, Ndombele and Lo Celso that would be pretty good.

He is a decent enough passer and could do enough of a holding job that you could play any combination of those 3 and be ok. I would say Lo Celso-PEH-Ndombele would be the first choice group but he would be a much better option to fill in than Winks, Sissoko, Gedson or even Skipp if he comes back.

Another stupid penalty given away by a defender.

Nice to see it is not only us that give away needless fouls.

Evertons bubble is bursting isn't it?

Fail to win this and it'll be 3 games without a win. Lose this and it'll be 2 losses on the bounce.

Said their squad depth wasn't good enough to truly compete this year and looks it. No James Rodriguez today, no Digne, no Coleman, no Richarlison etc. and struggled all game.

1-0 Newcastle.

Fail to win this and it'll be 3 games without a win. Lose this and it'll be 2 losses on the bounce.

Said their squad depth wasn't good enough to truly compete this year and looks it. No James Rodriguez today, no Digne, no Coleman, no Richarlison etc. and struggled all game.

1-0 Newcastle.

Brutal chunk out of their first XI.

Having the nicest technique on the pitch doesn't make him the "best". He takes far too many touches, hangs on the the ball way too long "look at me being on the ball and whatnot" instead of using the ball cleverly and more often, nearly always has to look before playing passes - granted he has a nice technique when he eventually releases the fucking thing, and is always the laziest wanker without the ball on the pitch.

He's just the dribbly, lazier version of Deli Alli. Neither are without some kind of (differing) talent that can produce the odd moment of quality or productivity, but both are deeply flawed/compromised footballers.
Obviously we aren't watching the same sport.

1-0 Newcastle.

The James loss is especially tough for them because Gomes and Sigardsson aren't nearly good enough to create for them in the MF and Calvert-Lewin isn't like Kane who can create chances on his own, he needs other players to create his goals for him.

Similarly, how would we look without Kane, Sonny, Reguilon, and Ndom? In both situations that's a hell of a lot of player to lose. We had most of those and still performed as we did against Everton in the first game.

Similarly, how would we look without Kane, Sonny, Reguilon, and Ndom? In both situations that's a hell of a lot of player to lose. We had most of those and still performed as we did against Everton in the first game.

I don't think their equivalent have been lost.

Id say if we lost Lo Celso, Son, Reguilon and Aurier we'd have Ndombele, Bale, Davies and Doherty. Which is definitely better depth than Sigurdsson, Delph, Nkounkou and Kenny.

The James loss is especially tough for them because Gomes and Sigardsson aren't nearly good enough to create for them in the MF and Calvert-Lewin isn't like Kane who can create chances on his own, he needs other players to create his goals for him.
Since when did Kane start creating his own chances? Has he netted a bunch of unassisted goals this season that I've missed? He's creating a shitton for Sonny but he's reliant on service just like most strikers. Now, if you can find a way for Kane to start setting up Kane then we'll be in business.

Since when did Kane start creating his own chances? Has he netted a bunch of unassisted goals this season that I've missed? He's creating a shitton for Sonny but he's reliant on service just like most strikers. Now, if you can find a way for Kane to start setting up Kane then we'll be in business.

He creates chances for himself all the time. I am not sure about the unassisted goals and that doesn't really tell whether it was the assist that created the goal or not, but are you saying you have not seen Kane get the ball outside the box and curl a shot in from distance around the keeper?

He has definitely done that on multiple occasions. I can't remember the exact game he did it in this season but remember thinking that it was obviously coming before he scored it because he had done it enough times before.

Back
Top Bottom