Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Someone's viewpoint is going to be based on whether or not they view BLM as a force for racial equality or an extreme left wing political organisation.

Millwall fans are entitled to express their opinion whether we agree with it or not. It used to be part and parcel of living in a democracy.
Their right to act like assholes, our right to call them assholes for it.

Difficult to enforce I imagine.
I mean, I'm sure it's hard to enforce any sort of stadium ban. You asked for a legal basis though, and the legal basis is that private companies can run their business in whichever way they see fit (obviously there are some legal protections for things like discrimination). But if a football club doesn't want people booing players for taking a knee, they are well within their legal right to do so.

I mean, I'm sure it's hard to enforce any sort of stadium ban. You asked for a legal basis though, and the legal basis is that private companies can run their business in whichever way they see fit (obviously there are some legal protections for things like discrimination). But if a football club doesn't want people booing players for taking a knee, they are well within their legal right to do so.

Fair enough. I would suggest Millwall fans would claim freedom of speech which used to be one of the mainstays of our democracy. The booing would have to be deemed 'hate speech' and I don't know how they would prove it.

Fair enough. I would suggest Millwall fans would claim freedom of speech which used to be one of the mainstays of our democracy. The booing would have to be deemed 'hate speech' and I don't know how they would prove it.
The point is they don't have the "freedom of speech" at a private company's location if the company decides they don't want to have freedom of speech there. If I run a cafe and someone comes in saying they hate black people, I can kick them out of my cafe (not saying that's the same as what the MIllwall fans are doing) and not be violating their freedom of speech because they're in MY cafe.

Back
Top Bottom