Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No BC. We are NOT saying "him not playing competitive football has worked".

Good, because you can't say that, that would be pure speculation and as impossible to prove as my hypothesis.

What I can say is the player underwent a certain developmental process and the player achieved their desired outcome...

I am sure he is currently achieving a desired outcome. Not something I disputed.

a process you have labelled 'piss poor development', a process that has achieved the desired outcome. Could it have been better? Possibly, but for what objectives and outcomes.

Developing a better footballer, sooner?

But you're out here saying another process would have been better. Fine but you see that is merely speculation on your part.

Yes, hands up, it is a theory I can't prove. but It’s not exactly a random theory based on a unique concept though, it’s speculation based on a vast body of evidence from the sport itself and life in general.
We have empirical data on our side and you have nothing but speculation. They are not equal.

Well no, you don't, in as much as I'm not disputing the player is currently playing consecutive competitive PL games, I am hypothesising that he could have played more competitive games in the previous four years and he would have been a better player for it, and I am blaming the person responsible for making those decisions for that perceived lack of development opportunity. I cannot prove this theory, but you can't prove I'm wrong either.

Woolwich the better side but a pen that wasn't a pen, a woefully miss-hit cross that went in, really was far luckier than my comms suggest, "they are back", Ian Wright "magnificent".

The only area of concern I have is if the lightbulb pings on above Arteta's head and he sees that these young players are better than the plodders he's been playing.

Looks like lightbulb said - follow Lampard's lead from last season and play youth, hence Smith-Rowe, Martinelli & Saka starting (all 19 ish)

Good, because you can't say that, that would be pure speculation and as impossible to prove as my hypothesis.

I am sure he is currently achieving a desired outcome. Not something I disputed.

Developing a better footballer, sooner?

Yes, hands up, it is a theory I can't prove. but It’s not exactly a random theory based on a unique concept though, it’s speculation based on a vast body of evidence from the sport itself and life in general.

Well no, you don't, in as much as I'm not disputing the player is currently playing consecutive competitive PL games, I am hypothesising that he could have played more competitive games in the previous four years and he would have been a better player for it, and I am blaming the person responsible for making those decisions for that perceived lack of development opportunity. I cannot prove this theory, but you can't prove I'm wrong either.
OK BC. I just quoted this for posterity. My god man.

Looks like lightbulb said - follow Lampard's lead from last season and play youth, hence Smith-Rowe, Martinelli & Saka starting (all 19 ish)
Last season I got the feeling with him that he was going to play them a lot but he then went out of his way to get Willian, signed Aubameyang to a new contract along with Luiz for another year. It took Poch just a handful of games to bin off Ade, Gallas & co. Arteta has been there a year, so feel he's kind of stumbled on today (whilst it's hard to make comparisons, his younger team has performed well in Europa this term, that annoyed me in that at the beginning of the season the thought was that we would be doing exactly the same, that's been really disappointing and I hope it doesn't bite us in the arse later on with injuries to those that he's not rested).

Cantwell been disappointing a few times when I've seen him this season. Very weak in helping out his full back. Obviously talented but something not quite right with him.

Liked him a lot last season, amazed he stayed to play in championship.
They set the mark at 50M and with financial conditions the way they were/are interested parties were very reluctant.

No one had the cash to buy him for what was being asked this year. Normally I bet he'd be sold for 30m, in a non covid window.
Didn't they buy him for 30M (or was it 40M)? Watford were said to be firm on 50M I thought I read.

Back
Top Bottom