OTHER MATCHES FRED - 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Saint-Maximin is better than Traore.

He has an end product. His crosses find his players, passes go to his own teammates. His dribbling is more skilful, better technique with a closer control, it's not just about pace kicking the ball past the oppo.

Except for the part that he his best goals+assists in a season is 7( 3 goals and 4 assists ) in the last 2 seasons in a row.

Thats half the productivity of Traore's best couple of seasons ago (4 goals 9 assists).

Except for the part that he his best goals+assists in a season is 7( 3 goals and 4 assists ) in the last 2 seasons in a row.

Thats half the productivity of Traore's best couple of seasons ago (4 goals 9 assists).

Sooner or later that season will need to be accepted as an anomaly.

Besides look at the absolute shite ASM plays with...... Traore has had players like Jimenez, Jota and Neto etc. to finish for him.

Adama is so good at one thing that he is somehow able to play as a winger/wide forward in the Premier League without the ability to reliably pass or shoot.

Brentford press high and force turnovers. Why are we sitting back and letting Palace/Watford/Wolves come at us again?

Our aggressive mid-block has become extremely passive lately.

Sooner or later that season will need to be accepted as an anomaly.

Besides look at the absolute shite ASM plays with...... Traore has had players like Jimenez, Jota and Neto etc. to finish for him.
Jimenez benefits from having Traore int he team too though.

In any case, if theres a choice Id rather we get someone far more intelligent in the salah mold instead of maximin or traore .

I'm not even bassing raw numbers as the proxy of performance measurement but if I was then............

Traore (last 2 PL seasons + this season)
2021/22 - 4 games (348 mins) 0 Goals 0 Assists
2020/21 - 28 games (2645 mins) 2 Goals 2 Assists
1919/20 - 27 games (2608 mins) 4 Goals 9 Assists
Total: - 59 games ( 5601 mins) = 6 Goals; 11 Assists: A goal every 10.37 per 90 mins. An Assist 5.66 per 90 mins

Saint-Maximin (last 2 PL seasons + this season)
2021/22 - 5 games (450 mins) 2 Goals 2 Assists
2020/21 - 19 games (1568 mins) 3 Goals 4 Assists
1919/20 - 23 games (1874 mins) 3 Goals 4 Assists
Total: - 47 games (3892 mins) 8 Goals; 10 Assists: A goal every 5.4 per 90 min. An assist 4.3 per 90 mins

All this whilst also playing in Steve Bruce's Newcastle fighting relegation in every one of those seasons!!!

I'm not even bassing raw numbers as the proxy of performance measurement but if I was then............

Traore (last 2 PL seasons + this season)
2021/22 - 4 games (348 mins) 0 Goals 0 Assists
2020/21 - 28 games (2645 mins) 2 Goals 2 Assists
1919/20 - 27 games (2608 mins) 4 Goals 9 Assists
Total: - 59 games ( 5601 mins) = 6 Goals; 11 Assists: A goal every 10.37 per 90 mins. An Assist 5.66 per 90 mins

Saint-Maximin (last 2 PL seasons + this season)
2021/22 - 5 games (450 mins) 2 Goals 2 Assists
2020/21 - 19 games (1568 mins) 3 Goals 4 Assists
1919/20 - 23 games (1874 mins) 3 Goals 4 Assists
Total: - 47 games (3892 mins) 8 Goals; 10 Assists: A goal every 5.4 per 90 min. An assist 4.3 per 90 mins

All this whilst also playing in Steve Bruce's Newcastle fighting relegation in every one of those seasons!!!
Maxims had a good start to the season so far. That I agree with.

Jimenez benefits from having Traore int he team too though.

In any case, if theres a choice Id rather we get someone far more intelligent in the salah mold instead of maximin or traore .

ASM seems to have a bit more footballing intelligence to me.... Agreed about someone in the Salah/Son mold though.... A player without that kind of goal threat is just varying degrees of Lucas IMO.... And we already have Lucas/Berg/Gil in that case.

Back
Top Bottom