OTHER MATCHES FRED - 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mad, City have some of the best crossers of a ball in the world out there today, and nobody in the box that can attack one. With Torres on the field, or Jesus through the middle, they'd surely have a clear chance or two by now.

We played better than Chavs are playing when we played City. We also played better than City are playing when we played Chavs (first half).

We got lucky with Son's late winner off City.

Chavs got really lucky with the bouncy 1st goal in early 2nd half and that broke us our already traditionally thin squad that became paper thin with Moura and Burg out.

That's just this game. Its a tactical plot, the same one we have employed for the past 4 seasons against City. And its worked for us

We were more aggressive than this when we played City.

A lot of the time when I've watched Chavski under Tuchel they've been boring as hell.

Comms: "Chelsea fans aren't happy... They don't like being dictated to... They want more".

Lukaku and Werner lol

I can only see 1 goal at the most from the duo

But then I can't say I see many goals from all fondle no score Shitty offence either

Mad, City have some of the best crossers of a ball in the world out there today, and nobody in the box that can attack one. With Torres on the field, or Jesus through the middle, they'd surely have a clear chance or two by now.
Historically their successful crosses come from a) getting to the by line then cutting the ball back or b) an early cross from a deeper position usually from KDB to back post but it looks like they’ve got Jesus as the guy that crosses from out wide and Foden as the 9. These crosses are really old school across the box, no pull backs which any team can deal with just with having numbers, also don’t think Foden is the guy to rise like a salmon above a back 5 and ‘keeper to nod home a goal. Odd tactics.

We were more aggressive than this when we played City.

A lot of the time when I've watched Chavski under Tuchel they've been boring as hell.

Comms: "Chelsea fans aren't happy... They don't like being dictated to... They want more".
Biggest difference is we countered with 3 fast players, son berg and Lucas.

They have 2 Werner and Lukaku. Not the same incision with the counters.

Historically their successful crosses come from a) getting to the by line then cutting the ball back or b) an early cross from a deeper position usually from KDB to back post but it looks like they’ve got Jesus as the guy that crosses from out wide and Foden as the 9. These crosses are really old school across the box, no pull backs which any team can deal with just with having numbers, also don’t think Foden is the guy to rise like a salmon above a back 5 and ‘keeper to nod home a goal. Odd tactics.
Ah look, who are we to question the man? I get he wants to dominate the ball, and these personnel allow him to do that. I just think the game would be easier to play for Foden, Grealish and KDB if that had a mobile target at striker who'd pull CB's out of position a bit, and force them to sit a little deeper to defend those crosses KDB uses from deeper areas.
As the game is, Foden is a not offering much when at CF, and when he moves out that Chelsea back three are very comfortable despite not having possession. Hopefully see Torres on at some stage, he does a great job of dragging defenders about.

Back
Top Bottom