OTHER MATCHES FRED - 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which made it even funnier. Fuck him the gormless manc cunt. It's just a studio of failed managers or pundits who haven't got the bollocks to have a go at the real thing. Neville can't slate Ole because he was fucking useless when he had a go at it and he knows it.

Both Carragher and Souness are as much a pair of tossers though. They all deserve each other. But how Gary didn't at least try and nut one of them I'll never know. Nothing worse than people laughing at you, but to do it on TV to such a massive audience...

Marseille/PSG was decent first half, Marseille posing some questions but also their no fixed FB system (Rangier dropping in there when they lose the ball but can't always get there quick enough) looking very vulnerable as ever. Both teams have had some good situations. Can't help but feel if Poch had done his homework he'd have Mbappe making more use of those FB-Light channels.

...and it looks like he's switched Mbappe out wider this half...good move IMO

How's that work then?

Just flood the midfield and leave it to the CMs and wingers to cover that space when in peril?

Both Carragher and Souness are as much a pair of tossers though. They all deserve each other. But how Gary didn't at least try and nut one of them I'll never know. Nothing worse than people laughing at you, but to do it on TV to such a massive audience...
They were ganging up and sniggering. Like you say a studio full of tossers. I detest everything about Jamie Carragher. Despise the guy with a passion. Wasn't even that good of a player truth be told.

Both Carragher and Souness are as much a pair of tossers though. They all deserve each other. But how Gary didn't at least try and nut one of them I'll never know.

He's an absolute pussy; that's why..... Even as a younger man in his playing days he had the likes of Keane to doing the tough stuff on his behalf.

My money would be on Souness fucking him up even at his ripe age.

Nothing worse than people laughing at you, but to do it on TV to such a massive audience...

Fuck him! ...Neville is a complete weasel!

They were ganging up and sniggering. Like you say a studio full of tossers. I detest everything about Jamie Carragher. Despise the guy with a passion. Wasn't even that good of a player truth be told.

He had a good couple of years for Liverpool as a centre-back, but before that, as a right-back, he was pretty shit. Not to mention him gobbing over someone etc.

I miss him..... We've barely had a result against the Dippers since he retired. :(

That wasn't the question; nor the suggestion.

Kind of was, you said:
.....Who's the Tuchel that's gonna propel us to relative success?
......Who and to what "relative" success level is the un-defined part of that equation.

Depending on our subjective interpretations of "relative success" - mine doesn't have to involve trophies - there are a few coaches I'd happily see here, even if they ultimately fail, because at least I could at least buy into the "ethos" or the intention of ethos and the thought process behind the appointment.

Sack Nuno? Fine (I have no particular attachment to the bloke).... But:

For whom?

There's actually quite a few I'd take a punt on ahead of Nuno, headed by people like Ten Hag, Arne Slot, Graham Potter, Roberto De Zerbi (and his replacement at Sassuolo Alessio Dionisi is looking interesting), Ralf Rangnick. Even though I know they are flawed I'd rather have people like Sarri, Peter Bosz, Lucien Favre, maybe even Hassenhuttl here than Nuno, at least they have a clear idea of what they want and it's closer to what I personally like than the vagaries of Nuno's mehness.

....For what goal specifically?
.....To what extent is candidate X guaranteed to hit said target?

For me right now, even if we aren't hitting targets, I'd just rather have a coach who I believe might get us there, or at least enjoy the failure more than I am or will under Nuno.

(Make no mistake the idea of prettier football without climbing the table will wear thin very quickly and the dissenting voices will soon resurface and want the new bloke sacked if we're not on target for top 4 within 12 months..... This is why talk of "I'd take Howe" or "I'd take Rafa" is fluff..... Only until the first bump in the road 'you' might.)

Again, I accept you can't please all the people (as that beautiful man Bill Hicks said), I'm talking personal view here.

Talk of Howe or Benitez is just silly bollocks.

How's that work then?

Just flood the midfield and leave it to the CMs and wingers to cover that space when in peril?

kinda.

He plays a kind of 3331 with the ball, then someone shuffles into the FB zone without the ball - high risk and requires the tactical discipline and energy - which it doesn't always get. Against a forward line of Mabppe, Neymar and Messi it's a ballsy.

....Oh what the fuck was Fuente doing there

Probably why Keane wasn’t there today, although that would have been entertaining…

What happened exactly?

He was going on a rant about where he thought United's issues were and Souness was basically completely disagreeing, and Carragher was backing him up. But after a while they both burst out laughing, which also made the presenter along with Defoe start laughing too. Neville must have felt about in inch tall. He tried to keep it together but you could easily tell that he was close to bursting a few blood vessels. He also called them a pair of jokers or something.

He was going on a rant about where he thought United's issues were and Souness was basically completely disagreeing, and Carragher was backing him up. But after a while they both burst out laughing, which also made the presenter along with Defoe start laughing too. Neville must have felt about in inch tall. He tried to keep it together but you could easily tell that he was close to bursting a few blood vessels. He also called them a pair of jokers or something.

pffftt

They were trying to get Neville to say that Ole is the problem

Not a lot of goal mouth action but Marseille/PSG was very watchable. Making PSG play with at least one player less should be mandatory - like when we were in school and you always evened out the sides if there were odd numbers by making the better team have one less.

Kind of was, you said:

I know.... You just mis-interpretted the question.... No harm done.

Exploring the concept of what would constitute our 'Tuchel' scenario.

Depending on our subjective interpretations of "relative success" - mine doesn't have to involve trophies - there are a few coaches I'd happily see here, even if they ultimately fail, because at least I could at least buy into the "ethos" or the intention of ethos and the thought process behind the appointment.

Lampard was sacked and Tuchel won the CL; what would be our comparative success if extrapolating that scenario?

...Tuchel plays pretty miserable football and most discontents don't want that. When you say "Ethos"... Are we talking about something that amounts to something other than prettier football?

There's actually quite a few I'd take a punt on ahead of Nuno, headed by people like Ten Hag, Arne Slot, Graham Potter, Roberto De Zerbi (and his replacement at Sassuolo Alessio Dionisi is looking interesting), Ralf Rangnick. Even though I know they are flawed I'd rather have people like Sarri, Peter Bosz, Lucien Favre, maybe even Hassenhuttl here than Nuno, at least they have a clear idea of what they want and it's closer to what I personally like than the vagaries of Nuno's mehness.

It's seemingly the case that Potter & Ten Haag aren't on the menu and that Rangnick has twitter-fails on his record (like Gatuso) which allegedly ruled him out in the summer, but ta for throwing some more names out.... Believe it or not; it wasn't a loaded question....

Genuine curiosity what people seek to tangibly achieve by sacking Nuno.....

For me right now, even if we aren't hitting targets, I'd just rather have a coach who I believe might get us there, or at least enjoy the failure more than I am or will under Nuno.

I guess this explains a little further as per "ethos" (see my comments above). Ta.

Again, I accept you can't please all the people (as that beautiful man Bill Hicks said), I'm talking personal view here.

Sure..... I can believe the above take of you and a few others, but I don't buy the majority being pacified by 8th-10th place, no cups and slightly prettier football.

Talk of Howe or Benitez is just silly bollocks.

Certainly is.

"It's just a ride..." ;o]

They were trying to get Neville to say that Ole is the problem

He's a big problem! But also whoever has most of the say in regards to their transfers is too. Doesn't matter who you sign and how good they are when you have Matic, McTominay and Fred as your defensive midfielders, and Wan-Bissaka at right-back.

He's a big problem! But also whoever has most of the say in regards to their transfers is too. Doesn't matter who you sign and how good they are when you have Matic, McTominay and Fred as your defensive midfielders, and Wan-Bissaka at right-back.

They’re a bit of a mess from top to bottom

The new Wan-Bissake take is funny....

Their lot were bitching about him not making the Euros squad back in May cos he was 'the best defensive FB in Europe' (tm)...... Now he's one of their villains D'jour.

Shaw was absolute gash today (not for the first time this season)...... Wonder if that's the end of his purple patch........? I wonder if they'll be calling him Shaw-berto Carlos much longer....?

"Best Defense in Europe" was the hot take in the summer from their fans and a few of their media plants.

...Now it's anyone but Ole's fault that they're shipping 5 goals at home.

[insert circus music]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom