OTHER MATCHES FRED - 2022/23

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Harry needs to sort himself out if he wants a shot at the golden boot. the slow start to the season can’t continue with Haaland around.

Edit: fucking autocorrect

Harry needs to sort himself out if he wants a shot at the golden boot. Leslie start the leak on continue with Haaland around.

Definitely needs to play higher than he did vs Southampton if he wants a shot, was practically a CDM at times.

Good for some of his teammates (Kulu) but not necessarily good for a golden boot chase… Son is essentially the striker now.

Definitely needs to play higher than he did vs Southampton if he wants a shot, was practically a CDM at times.

Good for some of his teammates (Kulu) but not necessarily good for a golden boot chase… Son is essentially the striker now.
Kane is better as a 10 though now, given his great passing ability. I can't seem him ever winning the PL golden boot again. But his overall goal + assist contributions might be insane and ahead of the rest.

Kane is better as a 10 though now, given his great passing ability. I can't seem him ever winning the PL golden boot again. But his overall goal + assist contributions might be insane and ahead of the rest.

Yeah I think he’ll have a brilliant season but there’s a chance his 40+ goals in all comps years are behind him.. as much as I was hopeful pre season of him getting back to that his game has changed.

It’s frustrating at times but it works for the balance of the side.

The golden boot is more about how good your are as a finisher (Haaland is far better than Kulu in that department) rather than how good you are as a player. I see Haaland winning the golden boot thise season with a few players running home close.
Right, thanks I know what the golden boot is.

You said Haaland would win the Golden Boot, I said no he won't.

Kane is better as a 10 though now, given his great passing ability. I can't seem him ever winning the PL golden boot again.
I called it a couple seasons ago - that he should be more a less playing as a #10, especially when he's got a clinical and dynamic goalscorer like Son (and now Kulu) playing alongside him

Glad Conte is making the right decision for the benefit of the team instead of allowing players to chase trivial individual awards

But his overall goal + assist contributions might be insane and ahead of the rest.
Son has a better PL non penalty goal contribution record over the last 4 seasons

And Kulu just might outdo both sooner rather than later.

Nowadays, instead of being central in the box to score headers, he's going wide to be the one to supply the cross.

For the Dier goal he moved out the box on the other side making sure he definitely won’t be at the end of son’s cross. Several times when sess or Davies had the ball on the edge of their box, he’d come out to the wing to receive a short pass, get ignored as Davies/sess/son passed infield to PEH/Benta/kulu and we’d be in a position to cross but Kane was now out of position. Very odd behaviour.

There was also that counter late in the second half where passed to son cos he didn’t fancy a foot race against their CBs, even though he was basically in line with them. Which is symptomatic of his general play, when he makes those great through balls to son/kulu he often doesn’t bust a gut to get in the box (like he did for his first city goal in the 2-3 win).

Nowadays, instead of being central in the box to score headers, he's going wide to be the one to supply the cross.

For the Dier goal he moved out the box on the other side making sure he definitely won’t be at the end of son’s cross. Several times when sess or Davies had the ball on the edge of their box, he’d come out to the wing to receive a short pass, get ignored as Davies/sess/son passed infield to PEH/Benta/kulu and we’d be in a position to cross but Kane was now out of position. Very odd behaviour.

There was also that counter late in the second half where passed to son cos he didn’t fancy a foot race against their CBs, even though he was basically in line with them. Which is symptomatic of his general play, when he makes those great through balls to son/kulu he often doesn’t bust a gut to get in the box (like he did for his first city goal in the 2-3 win).
It's simple - we become a more unpredictable, dynamic team when Kane does not spend as much time in the box. As good as Kane is as a goal scorer, his movement is quite slow and he's not the quickest or mobile player so when he's in the box, so we can look very slow and predictable in the final 3rd at times.

When he steps out of the box it allows other players to move into dangerous areas AND he also drags opposing defenders away from the area, creating more space for our other players.

Over the years, we played some of our best football and looked significantly more dynamic in the final 3rd at times when Kane was not playing and/or dropping deep and playing the role of a distributor. It was so obvious but many thought that keeping Kane in the box would maximize our chances of winning.

Conte has obviously found out how to utilize Kane. Kane's best position for us is playing essentially as a 10 whilst also having #9 responsibilities like scoring goals, holding up/link play etc.

I called it a couple seasons ago - that he should be more a less playing as a #10, especially when he's got a clinical and dynamic goalscorer like Son (and now Kulu) playing alongside him

Glad Conte is making the right decision for the benefit of the team instead of allowing players to chase trivial individual awards

Son has a better PL non penalty goal contribution record over the last 4 seasons

And Kulu just might outdo both sooner rather than later.
I agree with you on this. The Kane of 2022 is a better number 10 than he is an number 9.

I agree with you on this. The Kane of 2022 is a better number 10 than he is an number 9.
And it's not just that Kane is a better 10 than an out an out 9 but it allows clinical players like Son (and Kulu) to spend more time in the box (instead of out wide) and allows Son to do what he's best at which is score goals and create general havoc in and around the box. So it's a win win situation.

This dynamic was always there and I'm jus glad Conte is doing what's right instead of pandering to fans.

Back
Top Bottom