Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Until the Arse spontaneously combust, or we suddenly rediscover our form from the first 10 games and make a dent on the top 3, I'm still having to rely on City & Liverpool grinding out results like this!

The weekends' games could make for some ugly reading with us unable to do anything about it....
It’s going to be another nervy end to the season with a lot of praying & hoping. Good start to the week with city scraping the win. Hopefully Liverpool win tomorrow & at the weekend. City away to Bournemouth is a dodgy game with the way city are playing.

I still find it so amusing how so many of our fans spend so much time bemoaning "state ownership " and "blood money " in the Premier League...........Then we all find ourselves adopting City as our second team for the last few months of each season

:harrylol:
Morals go out the window when it comes to Woolwich winning!

It’s going to be another nervy end to the season with a lot of praying & hoping. Good start to the week with city scraping the win. Hopefully Liverpool win tomorrow & at the weekend. City away to Bournemouth is a dodgy game with the way city are playing.

Lol sad times really when the only joy we've got left is hoping Woolwich don't win anything.

I was reminded today that here we are in Feb and we're the only big 6 team without any trophies to play for

Arse -league and cl
Man city - league, fa cup, cl
Liverpool - league, LC, fa cup , Europa
Chelsea - fa cup, LC
Man United - Fa cup

SPURS......:levywtf:

You spelt ballast wrong.

The reason Guardiola is playing Doku is why we need that same kind of player. Every week ManC play against a bus park. Grealish can bumble across or round players slowly (or invariably trip over them) but can’t dribble past them and break lines. And his vision n the ball is mediocre - unlike say DeBruyne.
For all the world grealish suits being a big fish in a small pond rather than the other way around. I think he would be better at a top 6 team pulling the strings.

Lol sad times really when the only joy we've got left is hoping Woolwich don't win anything.

I was reminded today that here we are in Feb and we're the only big 6 team without any trophies to play for

Arse -league and cl
Chelsea - fa cup, LC
Man United - Fa cup

Yeah. 2 seasons in a row as well! Even more annoying as it was a great chance for us to capitalise if levy hadn’t got us in such a mess where it’s more about starting again & rebuilding.
But it obviously is just so much better when Woolwich aren’t a threat for the title/CL no matter how good we are.
We didn’t even make it to February in the cups :ange-facepalm2: .
Hopefully this will be the last season for a while it’s like this. But we do really need to think bigger & be more ambitious as Klopp is going & city could be heavily punished. So we are leaving Woolwich to win it all.

As long as it’s not us.

The city grealish then definitely not. He would slow it down too much for ange. The villa grealish then maybe. He could bring a lot. & if Maddison is injured then we aren’t so such creatively. But depends if him & Maddison would link up well or get in each others way. We should consider it if he is leaving city. But I am on the fence!
He was unreal for Villa. Statistically the most creative player in the league after KDB.
Yeah he was playing with more freedom & less of a bollocking if he lost possession! A bit like gazza (not as good) taking chances rather than the more calculated way pep likes him to play. City already have lots of creative players. So at a lesser team it would be more on him to create.
I wonder where he would suit the most if he went?

Arse -league and cl
Chelsea - fa cup, LC
Man United - Fa cup

WOW! just WOW!

And yet so many on here are convinced we're somehow having a good season and exceeding expectations???

:avbcringe:

Honestly. The mind boggles

He was unreal for Villa. Statistically the most creative player in the league after KDB.

The city grealish then definitely not. He would slow it down too much for ange. The villa grealish then maybe. He could bring a lot. & if Maddison is injured then we aren’t so such creatively. But depends if him & Maddison would link up well or get in each others way. We should consider it if he is leaving city. But I am on the fence!

Yeah he was playing with more freedom & less of a bollocking if he lost possession! A bit like gazza (not as good) taking chances rather than the more calculated way pep likes him to play. City already have lots of creative players. So at a lesser team it would be more on him to create.
I wonder where he would suit the most if he went?

There’s a reason he looked better at (20-21) Villa than he does at ManC and it’s the same reason Kulusevski looked better for us when we weren’t dominating possession and playing against compressed defences.

He’s totally wrong for our style.

And he pissed Guardiola off with his lack of productivity. And that’s because unlike KDB he struggled to produce in this system.

And he’s a fucking wankhorn.

Liverpool have played 25, like everyone else, and yet they play Luton tonight, presumably because of the League Cup Final at the weekend.

Anyone know why that doesn't apply to Chelsea? Seems a bit unfair on the Perennial Victims...

There’s a reason he looked better at (20-21) Villa than he does at ManC and it’s the same reason Kulusevski looked better for us when we weren’t dominating possession and playing against compressed defences.

He’s totally wrong for our style.

And he pissed Guardiola off with his lack of productivity. And that’s because unlike KDB he struggled to produce in this system.

And he’s a fucking wankhorn.
I get what you’re saying. I get the feeling defences don’t mind grealish going nowhere with the ball against them & winning free kicks. He can look a bit toothless against packed defences.
But then in some games he gets more involved & looks a good player.
But I never thought he was a good fit for pep & city. I go back to the him suiting being a big fish in a small pond. He did quite well last season to be fair but I still don’t think they were playing to his strengths & he looks replaceable rather than than a key player at city. A decent clog in the wheel. But not what you pay 100m for.

I was surprised pep went for Phillips & grealish as both are very flashy personalities with a bit of a show off attitude. Rather than determined to be the best they can be on the pitch. Their Millionaire lifestyle seems more important. But I get that these days a lot of footballers are like that so it’s hard to avoid them!

I get what you’re saying. I get the feeling defences don’t mind grealish going nowhere with the ball against them & winning free kicks. He can look a bit toothless against packed defences.

Exactly
I was surprised pep went for Phillips & grealish as both are very flashy personalities with a bit of a show off attitude. Rather than determined to be the best they can be on the pitch. Their Millionaire lifestyle seems more important.

One of the defining traits of the lesser spotted wankhorn.

Their noise off the pitch is louder than it is on it.

Liverpool have played 25, like everyone else, and yet they play Luton tonight, presumably because of the League Cup Final at the weekend.

Anyone know why that doesn't apply to Chelsea? Seems a bit unfair on the Perennial Victims...

Think someone mentioned its to do with television and policing as Chelsea/Spurs was originally a televised game on Friday.

Kelleher, Gomez, Endo, Van Dijk, Diaz, Mac Allister, Gakpo, Elliott, Gravenberch, Quansah, Bradley

Very average team tonight for Liverpool. Injuries will be too much for them. More concerned with the cups too it feels like. Another fun night cheering on the scousers after cheering on city last night ha.

Already Luton 1 up.
Noice GIF by Arch Telecom

Back
Top Bottom