Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't go on those threads, what the fuck are you going on about?

You gonna take the bet or what?

Halloween Chicken GIF by MOODMAN

Mate how about this. I’ll delete my account if Leverkusen don’t win anything next year. Clue in Admin if you want. Set a reminder.

Sort of agree. But then Atalanta’s team on paper isn’t really better than ours at all. But I’m not sure I have faith in our coach to be as canny in these kind of games.
Different contexts to look at. Totally agree with comments on like for like teams.

But they finished 5th in the League. Consensus from many Journalists I follow who report on Serie A is that because they are such a high pressing team they can and have faded big time in some games. Some think that they have approached the EL different to the league because of this. And that they would have finished higher if they pressed as they did vs Liverpool and now tonight

Tbh, it shows what an achievement it's been for Leverkusen this season under Alonso.

It's only Alonsos first full season as a pro manager. Tonight showed his inexperience.
Big lesson for him.

He almost looked like he was just taking it as that.

Got a good temperament for a manager.

Different contexts to look at. Totally agree with comments on like for like teams.

But they finished 5th in the League. Consensus from many Journalists I follow who report on Serie A is that because they are such a high pressing team they can and have faded big time in some games. Some think that they have approached the EL different to the league because of this. And that they would have finished higher if they pressed as they did vs Liverpool and now tonight
I suppose ultimately it sounds like they valued winning a decent trophy over a champions league spot. I hope if we have the same choice to make we take the same approach next year.

They’re also now the first Italian club to win the Europa League.
Nah, UEFA and the Europa League acknowledges the history of the old UEFA cup as part of the EL's history. So there's been plenty of Italian teams to have won it. We are also always acknowledged as the first ever winners of it whenever we are in it and it is time to do the draw.

068d98rmpx1d1.jpeg

They are however the first Italian team this century to do it.

Last edited:
Nah, UEFA and the Europa League acknowledges the history of the old UEFA cup as part of the EL's history. So there's been plenty of Italian teams to have won it. We are always acknowledged as the first ever winners of it whenever we are in it and it is time to do the draw.

068d98rmpx1d1.jpeg

They are however the first Italian team this century to do it.

The last Italian team to do so, that Parma team!

I suppose ultimately it sounds like they valued winning a decent trophy over a champions league spot. I hope if we have the same choice to make we take the same approach next year.

5th got CL in Italy this season anyway.

They'd already qualified for CL before tonight.

Back
Top Bottom