Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t give a fuck I’d much rather see United with this than City. Ten Hag having more silverware than Arteta… too delicious to pass up. Come on United!

Utd not a great season but can still win trophies, such a shame that we fail miserably at the final hurdle.
The standards of the project at United include cup runs and cup finals. It’s just a requirement.

Trophies have never been a priority for Levy’s Tottenham and the decisions of every manager bear it out. We don’t believe that cups matter, not in the same way the traditional big clubs do. And that’s why we’ve not won one since Juande.

Honestly picking between City & Utd to win the FA Cup is like asking me which eye I'd rather be stabbed in.
I think Utd edge it, just because it pushes Chelsea down into Europa Conference.

The next goal is massive though. I would not be surprised in the slightest that, if it's City, Utd fold like origami.

Honestly picking between City & Utd to win the FA Cup is like asking me which eye I'd rather be stabbed in.
But you do get to stab Chelsea in the balls....
Cheer Up Smile GIF by ABC Network

The standards of the project at United include cup runs and cup finals. It’s just a requirement.

Trophies have never been a priority for Levy’s Tottenham and the decisions of every manager bear it out. We don’t believe that cups matter, not in the same way the traditional big clubs do. And that’s why we’ve not won one since Juande.
Just one more to do this please.

I managed to get 20:1 on two or more Spurs "fans" use this game as an excuse to slag Tottenham off.

£400 if just one more of you does this.

Yeah, and despite all of that only 197 appearances for the best Premier League side of the era ... and only 3 team of the year appearances, world XI of the year etc. He's not *perfect* but he is almost unbeatable 1v1 and has gone against Mbappe, Vini etc while barely breaking a sweat. The odd brain fart that he almost always fixes with his own physicality is NOT a huge issue.

If it was, one of the most technical oriented coaches in history wouldn't have had him at his mainstay at right back for years and years. And here is where you mention a small period he dropped him where he was prioritising one tactic .. and then almost immediately put him back in, and always used him for any big game.

His pace, physicality and stamina are beyond top level. Pockets all your fave French wingers.

There’s quite a few players who’ve clocked up a lot of minutes, especially in defence for PEp who aren’t great. He’s had Gvardiol playing LB all season.

Remember you telling me that Grealish was the best Wankhorn in the universe and Pep love love loved him long time.

Like I said, I acknowledge Walkers athletic abilities as exceptional and why they are useful in certain tactical set ups, but he isn’t a great reader or footballer, and as you admit, there have been times when Pep has dropped him - including a CL final - for this reason.

Unfortunately he didn’t handle the French wingers well enough to stop them smashing Engerland out of the WC.

New York Knicks L GIF by Sidetalk

Having zero interest in the Cup Final, I'm not watching it, but I see it's 2-0 to Utd at half time. If this keeps Ten Hag in a job, GREAT! I'd love to see the Manc soap opera continue into next season.

Just one more to do this please.

I managed to get 20:1 on two or more Spurs "fans" use this game as an excuse to slag Tottenham off.

£400 if just one more of you does this.
If you think it’s slagging us off to point out that we haven’t won a cup since Gordon fucking Brown was the PM, that’s your problem.

There’s quite a few players who’ve clocked up a lot of minutes, especially in defence for PEp who aren’t great. He’s had Gvardiol playing LB all season.

Remember you telling me that Grealish was the best Wankhorn in the universe and Pep love love loved him long time.

Like I said, I acknowledge Walkers athletic abilities as exceptional and why they are useful in certain tactical set ups, but he isn’t a great reader or footballer, and as you admit, there have been times when Pep has dropped him - including a CL final - for this reason.

Unfortunately he didn’t handle the French wingers well enough to stop them smashing Engerland out of the WC.

New York Knicks L GIF by Sidetalk

Yep, lots of average players who have clocked up that many ... so go on, fucking name them mate. Gvardiol filling in at left-back for a season isn't even remotely comparable to Walker being Pep's go-to right back for his entire time at City and not ever really going out to replace him. He's had the transfer market at his mercy the ENTIRE TIME.

Pep does like Grealish, hence why he started him in both games vs Madrid. He's, again, not comparable to Walker who has been a Pep mainstay for years and who he has never attempted to replace.

There has been literally one period of time where he dropped him lol, the entire rest of his City career he has been Pep's starting right back. For arguably the best team in the world.

Uh yeah, we did ... and Mbappe in that game had ONE moment in the entire game where he got past him and did anything, because Walker had him pocketed otherwise. Because he's a world class right back who will go down as the PL's best ever.

And I can't wait for this Euros. You're going to have to suck up so much wankhorny brilliance.

He’s had at least seven or eight attempts to take Bissaka on and he’s rolled it back every time.

Dreadful footballer. Every time he comes up against a right-back who can cope with his one trick pony shite then he can't do fuck all. Thrived this season off winning penalties against Luton when 2-0 up or assisting 4 against fucking Bournemouth.

Back
Top Bottom