Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The AC Milan-Andre Silva saga finally ends.

Doesn't look like Rebic has moved on a permanent the other way yet oddly enough. But that should only be a matter of time.

Seems Godin is leaving Inter, possibly to join Danny Rose @ Cagliari..... :roseunsure:

If Godin leaves, Skriniar would be his natural replacement at RCB. But trying to figure out what lurks beneath Antonio Conte's world-beating rug is a futile exercise.

Isn't Rose closer to Genoa? Genoa were so damn awful last season, I'm sure he'd improve them.

Godin's move is likely not on Conte, Inter actually sacrifices Godin (for free) because there are too many highly-paid players that cannot be sold. Bayern didn't want to redeem Perisic, and Cagliari didn't want to redeem Nainggolan for example and are both back to Inter from their loan spells.

Probably we prefer to keep them instead of Godin. His wage and age also are factored in, so that's about it.

Edit: To be more clear, prefer to keep them or one of them over Godin, if no other club is willing to pay for them, which so far seems to be the case.

Last edited:
Everton signed James Rodriguez for free:moursad: not 20 mill as previously stated in the press

The transfer fee was understood to be around £20million but reports by fichajes.com, via Sport, suggest that actually Real allowed Rodriguez to depart for nothing.

The Spanish champions reportedly agreed to the deal in order to get his £140,000-a-week wages off the balance sheet and because he was out of contract next summer anyway.

The same reports in Spain say, however, that Real would be due a percentage of any future sale should Rodriguez leave Goodison Park.

Real compromised on their original ambition to sell the player for a substantial transfer fee after realising there wasn't the market amid the Covid-19 pandemic

Hard to believe. Levy wouldn’t let a good player transfer for free to another club without trying to buy him for at least one pound.

Everton signed James Rodriguez for free:moursad: not 20 mill as previously stated in the press

The transfer fee was understood to be around £20million but reports by fichajes.com, via Sport, suggest that actually Real allowed Rodriguez to depart for nothing.

The Spanish champions reportedly agreed to the deal in order to get his £140,000-a-week wages off the balance sheet and because he was out of contract next summer anyway.

The same reports in Spain say, however, that Real would be due a percentage of any future sale should Rodriguez leave Goodison Park.

Real compromised on their original ambition to sell the player for a substantial transfer fee after realising there wasn't the market amid the Covid-19 pandemic

That's a result if true. Wonder if Carlo's previous Madrid connections help facilitate that business.

You've brought me into a new thread...at least it's not the toilet.

So, Leicester's doing it again, huh? Imagine if we had a recruitment setup like them?

Would be an interesting pairing with Soyuncu. Give him a year to learn with Evans. What's the number their looking at?
Saint Etienne said to have knocked back an offer of €29m.

Saint Etienne said to have knocked back an offer of €29m.
Seems high considering the ASSE are almost broke and his experience. What did they get for the Arse guy? But Fofana does have promise...AND BITE. Don't know what his transfermarkt value is now but it was 5M when I DOF'd him. Imagine if we moved for players like this early on.

Seems high considering the ASSE are almost broke and his experience. What did they get for the Arse guy? But Fofana does have promise...AND BITE. Don't know what his transfermarkt value is now but it was 5M when I DOF'd him. Imagine if we moved for players like this early on.

Why have you taken yourself off of social media?

To reflect. As soon as it was known that I was asking myself questions about my future, people were getting excited all on their own when I had said nothing. It was not like I was being rumoured to move to Lyon. Calling me a “mercenary” or “traitor” or “f*****” hurt me. But the St Étienne fans who insulted my mother and my little sister, that affects me a lot. I am disgusted. Some of them went even further than that.

What do you mean?

It is difficult to talk about it… my little sister was targeted at her school. They insulted her, they pushed her. She doesn’t know football and had to suffer that. It is unacceptable. I saw her cry… I spoke with her, then I took her to school. She was the victim of idiots and their behaviour has really impacted my decision.

And you are ready to leave in a flash of anger?

This is not what this is. Already, last summer, I had thought about it. But as the club did not find an agreement with Salzburg, I stayed, focused 100% on Les Verts. This winter too. This time, I cannot refuse. Where I come from, the northern suburbs of Marseille and with a family that is not well off, it is not possible. I would be crazy to say no to Leicester. This contract could change my life. I need to protect my family by keeping them safe. The financial and sporting aspects have aligned, I am forced to say yes.

marcus-thuram-celebra-el-2-0-del-borussia-monchengladbach-ante-el-union-berlin-hincando-la-rodilla-al-suelo-en-memoria-de-gerorge-floyd--captura-movistarligadecampeones.jpg

Have you told St Étienne?

I went to see the coach (Claude Puel) yesterday morning to tell him what had happened, that I was not in a good way, and that I want to leave. I tried, but I was not able to talk my problems through with him. No worries. I will sort it out on my own. I am used to that. As he was closed off to the discussion, we spoke about the sporting side, not my private life.

What did he say?

That I was 100% part of this project and that it was out of the question for me to leave during this window.

Why have you taken yourself off of social media?

To reflect. As soon as it was known that I was asking myself questions about my future, people were getting excited all on their own when I had said nothing. It was not like I was being rumoured to move to Lyon. Calling me a “mercenary” or “traitor” or “f*****” hurt me. But the St Étienne fans who insulted my mother and my little sister, that affects me a lot. I am disgusted. Some of them went even further than that.

What do you mean?

It is difficult to talk about it… my little sister was targeted at her school. They insulted her, they pushed her. She doesn’t know football and had to suffer that. It is unacceptable. I saw her cry… I spoke with her, then I took her to school. She was the victim of idiots and their behaviour has really impacted my decision.

And you are ready to leave in a flash of anger?

This is not what this is. Already, last summer, I had thought about it. But as the club did not find an agreement with Salzburg, I stayed, focused 100% on Les Verts. This winter too. This time, I cannot refuse. Where I come from, the northern suburbs of Marseille and with a family that is not well off, it is not possible. I would be crazy to say no to Leicester. This contract could change my life. I need to protect my family by keeping them safe. The financial and sporting aspects have aligned, I am forced to say yes.

marcus-thuram-celebra-el-2-0-del-borussia-monchengladbach-ante-el-union-berlin-hincando-la-rodilla-al-suelo-en-memoria-de-gerorge-floyd--captura-movistarligadecampeones.jpg

Have you told St Étienne?

I went to see the coach (Claude Puel) yesterday morning to tell him what had happened, that I was not in a good way, and that I want to leave. I tried, but I was not able to talk my problems through with him. No worries. I will sort it out on my own. I am used to that. As he was closed off to the discussion, we spoke about the sporting side, not my private life.

What did he say?

That I was 100% part of this project and that it was out of the question for me to leave during this window.
Seems he is dead set on leaving. Wonder if this is financial hardball or if Puel is serious? I think I read that he has some serious control there now so perhaps he will keep him no matter what.

edit: florian Neuhaus running shit at BMG.

Last edited:
Seems he is dead set on leaving. Wonder if this is financial hardball or if Puel is serious? I think I read that he has some serious control there now so perhaps he will keep him no matter what.

edit: florian Neuhaus running shit at BMG.
He is General Manager now, it seems. Losing Fofana and Saliba in one summer would be a serious kick in the bollocks.

He is General Manager now, it seems. Losing Fofana and Saliba in one summer would be a serious kick in the bollocks.
Yeah, for their upper level aspirations but they wouldn't get relegated...don't think.

Who are they playing?
Don't really know...just watching. And it's a 0-6 DFB Pokal game so it doesn't really matter. Just a runout essentially.

Thuram is finally in the game and looking good and svelte. Just had a nice backheel attempt at goal.

Aside: 0-7

Has Mukiele fallen out with Nagelsmann?
Not that I know of. My golf tourney just went off so I'm 'bout to put that game on too.

edit: also, Upamecano is a clogger. fu5

Who are they playing?

Has Mukiele fallen out with Nagelsmann?
Hee Chan Hwang gets his goal to open his account as Werner's replacement.

There was a very good article on ESPN about Nagelsmann the other day. He was particluarly pointing out that it's not so much that he has to replace Werner but he has to replace Schick too. And as I've always said I'm not sure Werner was his type of striker. You know, someone that can do nothing but run...and score goals of course but think JN always wants more.

think Nurnberg are coached by nagelsmann's old assistant coach. Interesting match. fu5

Hee Chan Hwang gets his goal to open his account as Werner's replacement.

There was a very good article on ESPN about Nagelsmann the other day. He was particluarly pointing out that it's not so much that he has to replace Werner but he has to replace Schick too. And as I've always said I'm not sure Werner was his type of striker. You know, someone that can do nothing but run...and score goals of course but think JN always wants more.

think Nurnberg are coached by nagelsmann's old assistant coach. Interesting match. fu5
Is HCH more? I saw him more than I did Werner as I am a Marsch fan. Dude is a Korean and they always seem to give there all and run about a lot. I was more attracted to Daka, but like what I saw.

Back
Top Bottom