Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is HCH more?
????

I saw him more than I did Werner as I am a Marsch fan.
Yeah, would like to keep an eye on Marsch's progress but not enough time to be watching the Austrian league. Will use European games to follow. Good to hear you like him though.

Dude is a Korean and they always seem to give there all and run about a lot.
Seems to have some quality too but will wait for better comp to judge.

My impression of him is that he is a terrible footballer. Absolutely terrible.
Was that from your Salzburg viewing or this game? I only saw the last 10 minutes or so. Are you sure he's 'terrible'? Or is this one of your Soumare calls? Either way Supamecano's a donkey.

Tell you what, this Eze guy looks way more confident (and able) than any academy player we've thrown out.

edit: I repeat, Eze looks a million times more confident and able that anything we've thrown out. Might be a miss on our part for 18M FFS. But then again we can't have 2 players that have cost actual money for any position. Shame.

????

Yeah, would like to keep an eye on Marsch's progress but not enough time to be watching the Austrian league. Will use European games to follow. Good to hear you like him though.

Seems to have some quality too but will wait for better comp to judge.

I mean is HCH more of what Julian is looking for?

I mean is HCH more of what Julian is looking for?
Gotcha. Couldn't answer that until I see more of him. But in my experience Nagelsmann prefers a more facilitative striker rather than a pace merchant because possession is more a part of his tactics than Rangnick and BuLi/early PL Klopp. The last two forced the transition but Nagelsmann's teams are coached to take what's given though it may seem they are quite vertical that's just what's available.

Salzburg. Decision-making was horrendous.
OK but that can be coached shitnuts. I'm only concerned with technical ability and athleticism at the prospect level. And beyond that I'm always skeptical of the 'decision-making' critique because A) we don't what they saw B) we don't know the tactical directions C) we don't know that the decision the critiquing person desired was the right decision. So suck it 5.

How is Supamecano a donkey, you nimrod?
Because he's your boy. At this point in time if Messi was your boy he'd be a donkey. fu5

OK but that can be coached shitnuts. I'm only concerned with technical ability and athleticism at the prospect level. And beyond that I'm always skeptical of the 'decision-making' critique because A) we don't what they saw B) we don't know the tactical directions C) we don't know that the decision the critiquing person desired was the right decision. So suck it 5.
Technical ability was also disappointing. Constantly losing the ball. Blistering pace and worked like a demon, however.

Maybe we will coach some decision-making into Dele.

Technical ability was also disappointing. Constantly losing the ball. Blistering pace and worked like a demon, however.
That effort makes other players better.

Maybe we will coach some decision-making into Dele.
And now you've stepped into it. You need the technical ability in order to implement the decision making. We've been here before my friend. Dele is a lost cause. And as I said earlier I'm only interested in technical ability and athleticism (two things we have so very little of) at the up and comer stage. The other stuff is just conceit of the evaluator.
suck it 5.

That effort makes other players better.
Given you hate Timo Werner, I don't think this guy will swell your pecker. But go right ahead, my friend.
And now you've stepped into it. You need the technical ability in order to implement the decision making. We've been here before my friend. Dele is a lost cause. And as I said earlier I'm only interested in technical ability and athleticism (two things we have so very little of) at the up and comer stage. The other stuff is just conceit of the evaluator.
suck it 5.
You'd know all about conceit, mon cher.

But go right ahead, my friend.
Are you giving my pecker permission to swell?
You'd know all about conceit, mon cher.
Look at you getting all defensive and going on the attack. Nice. My point is true and I supported it with 3 bits of justification. So suck a bag of dicks.

It would be my conceit to presume I knew what the right decision was as well and that I had answers for those 3 issues I pointed out. But you will notice I rarely, if ever, criticize a player based on 'decision making'. That's someone else's horseshit. But then again I also don't evaluate players base on the other intangible bit of brains horseshit. Right?

Only thing I can truly judge is technical ability and athleticism. Too often when something doesn't work out folks say "bad decision". And when they do work out "brilliant". That's results based BS as far as I'm concerned. And since I can't ask the player what they were thinking when they made a certain decision then I can get no further in that evaluation.

That said, there are glaring bad decisions that if repeated can lead to the evaluation of bad decision making. I'm thinking of something like Dele making flicks in the center circle. But even then we aren't sure if they were coached NOT to do something.

I await you humble apology.

Are you giving my pecker permission to swell?

Look at you getting all defensive and going on the attack. Nice. My point is true and I supported it with 3 bits of justification. So suck a bag of dicks.

It would be my conceit to presume I knew what the right decision was as well and that I had answers for those 3 issues I pointed out. But you will notice I rarely, if ever, criticize a player based on 'decision making'. That's someone else's horseshit. But then again I also don't evaluate players base on the other intangible bit of brains horseshit. Right?

Only thing I can truly judge is technical ability and athleticism. Too often when something doesn't work out folks say "bad decision". And when they do work out "brilliant". That's results based BS as far as I'm concerned. And since I can't ask the player what they were thinking when they made a certain decision then I can get no further in that evaluation.

That said, there are glaring bad decisions that if repeated can lead to the evaluation of bad decision making. I'm thinking of something like Dele making flicks in the center circle. But even then we aren't sure if they were coached NOT to do something.

I am taking notes.

I am taking notes.
Yeah, I always bristle at the 'decision-making' critique ie why a player made 1 pass instead of the other. Part of it is they favored making a certain pass rather than another one. Part of it is they may have felt they'd get the defense off balance by going a certain more unpredictable way. I, nor anyone else, can know these things and some assholes like to look like they do by saying "bad decision" when things don't work out. But that's results based and facile. I see it all the time (not talking about you...but don't get caught up in this bullshit). You know, somehting negative's already happened so I say "bad-decision" so it looks like I know what I'm talking about. Nah, not for me.

But the glaring things that break the unwritten rules like don't pass square across the MF, give the ball back to the keeper outside the frame, etc etc etc...breaking those are bad decisions. And everyone can agree on those otherwise they wouldn't have become unwritten rules.

I can do better than that.

Act of Contrition

O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee: and I detest my sins most sincerely because they displease Thee, my God, Who art so deserving of all my love for Thy infinite goodness and most amiable perfections: and I firmly purpose by Thy holy grace never more to offend Thee.

Yeah, I always bristle at the 'decision-making' critique ie why a player made 1 pass instead of the other. Part of it is they favored making a certain pass rather than another one. Part of it is they may have felt they'd get the defense off balance by going a certain more unpredictable way. I, nor anyone else, can know these things and some assholes like to look like they do by saying "bad decision" when things don't work out. But that's results based and facile. I see it all the time (not talking about you...but don't get caught up in this bullshit). You know, somehting negative's already happened so I say "bad-decision" so it looks like I know what I'm talking about. Nah, not for me.

But the glaring things that break the unwritten rules like don't pass square across the MF, give the ball back to the keeper outside the frame, etc etc etc...breaking those are bad decisions. And everyone can agree on those otherwise they wouldn't have become unwritten rules.
Going forward, how should I bash a player that waits too long to release the ball?

Says his head's not right,
After that shit you just sent me I can imagine his head isn't right. What do they expect? And I'm not gonna say anything about ASSE fans since I imagine Lyon's are just as bad. But it seems like he's catching hell.

so I don't know if there is any point.
I won't be. Frees me up to catch a twilight 9 holes.

You could always rub one out over Fatty Tah.
FU5

Back
Top Bottom