Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From all the Spurs twitter talk, I'm expecting big things from him this year at Lyon.

Mbappe helped win his team the league at the same age so Lyon must be excited they've got such a prodigy in their ranks

From all the Spurs twitter talk, I'm expecting big things from him this year at Lyon.

Mbappe helped win his team the league at the same age so Lyon must be excited they've got such a prodigy in their ranks

Agreed. Obviously Poch saw something in Griffiths that he didn’t like and didn’t think he couldn’t make it.

Agreed. Obviously Poch saw something in Griffiths that he didn’t like and didn’t think he couldn’t make it.

Or was blatantly honest with him and told him that Kane is the level he needs to get at to get first team football and Griffiths knew it was impossible.

It will be interesting to see if he continues his form. I'm shit at predicting if a kid will "make it" or not, by that I mean be a real hit, rather than just a pro footballer. With him he came our of nowhere last year, prior seasons he had been very average. A lot of his goals weren't that skilful, he out muscled players, now this might be good for him if it continues, a bit like Lukkaku perhaps, OR it could just be him physically maturer than those he was playing against. I'm leaning towards the latter.

If you look at the post match comments from Poch after the Milan game, he was praising the kids attitude off the pitch as much as he was for their performance on it. Perhaps I'm being overly judgemental but based on his Social Media behaviour alone, he was never going to make it at Spurs.

Last edited:
Juventus and AC Milan strike Leonardo Bonucci, Gonzalo Higuain and Mattia Caldara swap deal

Serie A rivals thrash out incredible deal which sees Bonucci and Caldara move in a straight swap while Higuain goes to Milan for a £16m loan.

JUVENTUS and AC Milan have reportedly come to an agreement over a sensational swap deal involving THREE players.

Various reports in Italy claim the Old Lady will re-sign world-class defender Leonardo Bonucci — in a straight swap with highly-rated centre-back Mattia Caldara.
But Milan are also getting formidable striker Gonzalo Higuain on a season-long loan deal, ending Chelesa’s chance of bringing the Argentine to Stamford Bridge.

Higuain’s place in the Juventus side was in doubt following the £88million arrival of Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid.

And he will now complete a move to the San Siro for an initial £16m, with Milan able to make the deal permanent for £32m next summer.

Meanwhile, Bonucci and Caldara have both been valued at £31m each, meaning there is no need for a further exchange of cash.

£170k PW!!!!!!!!!!

He scored 1 goal last season and 2 the year before that.

Is it weird that scrolling through this page, my eyes registered that photo as being Jack Wilshire at first?
:deledoubt:

Regardless, hoo-boy that's the flip side of free agent deals. I could see Spurs giving a player a signing on bonus but 170k a week is madness for a questionable player. I wonder how far beyond their matchday revenue Crystal Palace's wage bill is.

£170k PW!!!!!!!!!!

He scored 1 goal last season and 2 the year before that.

This is going to come back to haunt them. Now the rest of the squad is going to want equal pay or as close to as possible.

How many players near 170 grand a week can they afford?

This is going to come back to haunt them. Now the rest of the squad is going to want equal pay or as close to as possible.

How many players near 170 grand a week can they afford?
I agree to some degree but if you had a player in your side that was say like, Gazza then most if not all wouldn't complain as it's clear he's night and day better than everyone else (he may singlehandedly drag a sorry excuse of a football team to a Cup Final!). But this guy is not that player, he's not worth £170k pw. Jesus and Sane at City are both on £90k pw. Bernado Silva is on £120k as is Gundogan, in fact that salary would make him the 4th highest paid player at City behind only Augeuo, De Bruyne and D. Silva.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, he's just not a special player.

Is it weird that scrolling through this page, my eyes registered that photo as being Jack Wilshire at first?
:deledoubt:

Regardless, hoo-boy that's the flip side of free agent deals. I could see Spurs giving a player a signing on bonus but 170k a week is madness for a questionable player. I wonder how far beyond their matchday revenue Crystal Palace's wage bill is.
Their wages to turnover is 78%! 9th highest wage bill in PL (so that the big 6, Southampton in Europe and Leicester PL champs), which translates to 26th highest in the World!

Back
Top Bottom