Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So Batsman gets to leave Chelsea for a year and gets CL football.

Upgrade for him

I don't get this move at all. Given Morata's seeming inability to do the job of a striker, I don't get why they let Batsman go. If Batsman does well and Morata and other Chelsea strikers don't, this will look very silly. But then again, I am not paid millions to make these decisions.

I don't get this move at all. Given Morata's seeming inability to do the job of a striker, I don't get why they let Batsman go. If Batsman does well and Morata and other Chelsea strikers don't, this will look very silly. But then again, I am not paid millions to make these decisions.
It is a bit baffling. Based off of Michy's personality I guess Chelsea run on a "no fun allowed" policy.

Shame really. He did well at Dortmund and if it wasn't for his connection to the blue sexpests I would not have said no to having him on our team

Zaha has gone and signed a new contract at Palace.

Wilf Zaha signs new Crystal Palace contract

Don't know how they can afford to pay him £130k a week, but there you go.

Easy, Every premier league club now earns about 100m from TV revenues. In fact, CP earned £114m last year from TV alone, and Zaha's wages are about 6% of that. Easily affordable for Palace. However, every player at the so called bigger clubs is watching that thinking they should earn the same, and that's where recruitment becomes difficult, because you can't just pay a player that much without ensuring that the rest of your squad is being paid similarly large amounts. Hell, how many teams, in the world, could afford to pay Zaha that much to be a bench/squad player (which is what he probably would be at Spurs).

Easy, Every premier league club now earns about 100m from TV revenues. In fact, CP earned £114m last year from TV alone, and Zaha's wages are about 6% of that. Easily affordable for Palace. However, every player at the so called bigger clubs is watching that thinking they should earn the same, and that's where recruitment becomes difficult, because you can't just pay a player that much without ensuring that the rest of your squad is being paid similarly large amounts. Hell, how many teams, in the world, could afford to pay Zaha that much to be a bench/squad player (which is what he probably would be at Spurs).
And where the fuck is our TV money?

Girona have announced Patrick Roberts in their squad.

They haven't even confirmed that they've singed him yet.

:pochbye:

It is a bit baffling. Based off of Michy's personality I guess Chelsea run on a "no fun allowed" policy.

Shame really. He did well at Dortmund and if it wasn't for his connection to the blue sexpests I would not have said no to having him on our team
He would've been a great addition but i'm sure they will never let him join us on loan. He's a genuine nice guy, has matured enormously because when he was still in Belgium he ran with the wrong crowds, had anger management issues etc but he worked very hard on his personality. Positive thinking sessions, outgrowing his rather bleak upbringing and gang affiliations and so on.

He would've been a great addition but i'm sure they will never let him join us on loan. He's a genuine nice guy, has matured enormously because when he was still in Belgium he ran with the wrong crowds, had anger management issues etc but he worked very hard on his personality. Positive thinking sessions, outgrowing his rather bleak upbringing and gang affiliations and so on.
Makes you wonder, in a hypothetical scenario where Valencia makes the loan permanent, if our fans would be able to take to him if we one day bought him off of Valencia.

He is a tremendous talent and seems like a fun guy

Makes you wonder, in a hypothetical scenario where Valencia makes the loan permanent, if our fans would be able to take to him if we one day bought him off of Valencia.

He is a tremendous talent and seems like a fun guy
I'm pretty sure it would take 5 mins of press conference, its not like he's a badge kissing Chelsea player either

But he did chose them over us ... and i'm torn between hoping that he rots for eternity and rooting for him because he's so likeable

I'm pretty sure it would take 5 mins of press conference, its not like he's a badge kissing Chelsea player either

But he did chose them over us ... and i'm torn between hoping that he rots for eternity and rooting for him because he's so likeable

Strikes me as an Adebayor type alright when he's up for it liability the rest of the time.

Strikes me as an Adebayor type alright when he's up for it liability the rest of the time.
He's really hard working though and a lot less provocative as Ade. For example, he's never had issues with coaches in Marseille,chavs or Dortmund. You'll not find him in the middle of all kinds of tabloid stories, or hear excessive and weird contract demands and so on

He's really hard working though and a lot less provocative as Ade. For example, he's never had issues with coaches in Marseille,chavs or Dortmund. You'll not find him in the middle of all kinds of tabloid stories, or hear excessive and weird contract demands and so on

Just strikes me as the type that happily downs tools when things don't go his way , not the type you'd want in a dogfight.

And where the fuck is our TV money?

Double glazing for our airport terminal

Spurs-new-stadium-92-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom