Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Doesn’t track back or do the dirty work? Yet theres a post on this very forum showing him piling in to several knee high tackles.

Comment arises from several ManU fans that it's not something he likes to do - he prefers to be a no 10 or maybe 8 is ok but he has been played as a DM under Mouhinio ( I think) and didn't like it and possibly that's why he's made bad tackles

I believe we are one place ahead of them.

You may well be correct.

But I'm very surprised they can afford the wages of Ronaldo ( moved from high wage paying Madrid for higher wages), Ramsey ( higher than usual as a free transfer - was it £300k pa I saw), Rabiot ( again free transfer), De Ligt ( outbid Barcelona despite Barcelona really wanting him). And a few other high earners.

Above them are a number of high wage payers including both Spanish clubs, ManU, etc, Something doesn't smell right was my conclusion

You may well be correct.

But I'm very surprised they can afford the wages of Ronaldo ( moved from high wage paying Madrid for higher wages), Ramsey ( higher than usual as a free transfer - was it £300k pa I saw), Rabiot ( again free transfer), De Ligt ( outbid Barcelona despite Barcelona really wanting him). And a few other high earners.

Above them are a number of high wage payers including both Spanish clubs, ManU, etc, Something doesn't smell right was my conclusion

If UEFA had the balls to deal with all the FFP cheats we could really benefit on a levelled playing field.

Some very odd targets being suggested for Man U this window.
decent player Lemina.

Man u are in awkward position, they're losing ground and can't compete for top players anymore, where city buy Rodi and we got N'dombele, they have to turn to scraps. top 6 my arse, man u and Woolwich are no longer top sides, they are what we were from Jol until Poch came.

Ferguson talking through his fcuking dummy.

Pogba says "it could be the right time to leave" but is not causing a problem.

Like Rose, get the fcuk out but unlike Rose I actually don't give a damn.

decent player Lemina.

Man u are in awkward position, they're losing ground and can't compete for top players anymore, where city buy Rodi and we got N'dombele, they have to turn to scraps. top 6 my arse, man u and Woolwich are no longer top sides, they are what we were from Jol until Poch came.

Also a lot of their problems seem to have come from them trying to sign superstar players, who maybe don't fit in to the system. Perhaps they've realised that the team is more important than individual superstars.

You may well be correct.

Higuain was top paid player in Italy before Ronaldo and he is back there.

decent player Lemina.

Can't agree with this , Man U will always be able to get top players whilst they are up the top of of
FFP is not about a level playing field but keeping rich clubs at the top, we would benefit but it's not designed to level the playing field.

I understand that but if those clubs who were breaking the rules were sufficiently dealt with it would favour us and lessen their advantage , especially at clubs like Juventus.

Can't agree with this , Man U will always be able to get top players whilst they are up the top of of

I understand that but if those clubs who were breaking the rules were sufficiently dealt with it would favour us and lessen their advantage , especially at clubs like Juventus.
I don't think juve will break FFP their plan is fairly sound if it works , PSG and city are cheating it and I see a court case coming about the legality of FFP soon.

Juventus buys and sells. Go and see the capital gains. The only really heavy salary is that of CR7 which paradoxically is similar to that of Sanchez (Manchester United). For PSF problems it is interesting to check the position of Manchester City and PSG who spend so much every year and sell badly. But there are so many emirs to throw money. Juventus is exposing itself to increase earnings.

decent player Lemina.

Lemina was the first midfield change to Juventus, it seems to me two years ago. A mediocre player not suited to a high-level stage.

Barca struggling to find the money to pay the buyout clause for Griezmann!! Unsubstantiated rumours that they paid their existing players wages 3 days late too!!
tenor.gif

If the stories are true I can’t believe Man United are thinking about spending £50M on Sean Longstaff, 9 Premier League appearances and 1 goal to his name.
Surely the rumours about Barcelona looking at Victor Lindelof are just that, rumours.

Last edited:
Barca struggling to find the money to pay the buyout clause for Griezmann!! Unsubstantiated rumours that they paid their existing players wages 3 days late too!!
tenor.gif
So, Barca don't have the money for Griezmann, and Atletico desperately need to sell to fund their Joao Felix signing, plus the fact that they gave the number 7 to him. This SCREAMS like a deal that Man U will want to hijack, do so, and then make Griezmann fail terribly there.

Back
Top Bottom