Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How's that worked out for Utd over the last six years? would you want Levy to pay 85m for Maquire, 59m for Fred, 85m for Lukaku, and have Sanchez on 500k a week .... seriously?

Did I say I agreed with it?

We have bought 1 player in 20 months and sold for more than Ndombele's cost in that period.

We are one of the biggest clubs in Europe in terms of nearly every metric but now have a squad that many neutrals would say needs refreshing.

There is a middle ground surely.

Did I say I agreed with it?

We have bought 1 player in 20 months and sold for more than Ndombele's cost.

We are one of the biggest clubs with a squad that many neutrals would say needs refreshing.

There is a middle ground.

Not really .... if you had to choose between United's last five years of transfers where they've spent 680m, and our last five years spending 305m ... I'd take ours every time ... and the results 100% support that

Just screaming "spend more money" isn't the only answer .... it's how you spend it that counts.

Not really .... if you had to choose between United's last five years of transfers where they've spent 680m, and our last five years spending 305m ... I'd take ours every time ... and the results 100% support that

Just screaming "spend more money" isn't the only answer .... it's how you spend it that counts.

And spending none is?

Hence middle ground.

That's a bs post imo, just because someone does it worse doesn't mean we can't do it better, Poch has had a net spend of about 2-3 million since he took over! Imagine if we had a PL median net spend of 25 million a year we'd have a much better chance of getting over the line, we could follow exactly the same transfer strategy in terms of how we recruit just with a little bit more being spent.

How in the world do Villa have a £133 million pound warchest to spend on new players??

Well we certainly can't spend that, it's not like we announced making the largest operating profit of any football club in history quite recently before even making the CL Final and another Top 4 finish....and more player sales on top of that...

...no wait, we actually did do that.

3746f5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom