Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Neves might be overrated, but once in a while he hits a screamer and everyone forgets.

On the other hand Jimenez is the only real quality they have. A season ago him and Jota really connected and played well on the break. Jota hasn't hit the same level for quite some time now

I've always thought Jota was a bit sketchy myself.

He is so physically weak, and he gives the ball away so much. I think Traore is worth a gamble for a bigger club.

I think Jimenez is very decent. A poor mans Kane. I wouldn't want him. I would rather have something different from Kane.

I don't think Traore's technique will ever be good enough for a top side. He's better of at a counter attacking side lide Wolves where there is space to run into

Coty and Liverpool are both said to be interested in him.

Have you seen much of Patson Daka?

Well he did hit a brace against Shitty, so their scouting mission is most likely complete. He’s added a bit to his endgame (goals/assists) lately, but his development is just taken with baby steps. None of his former clubs have known what to do with him, cos apparently pace isn’t everything.

I’ve seen a fair bit of Salzburg. A lot of people hate Red Bull, but I like how they are approaching things. Recruitment, development and intensive playing style are exactly the traits I’d like at our club. Unfortunately for Salzburg they aren’t matched in the league, and I think that’s a problem for their European campaign.

Daka has been in great scoring form this season. Haaland leaving in jan has made him the main guy, and with Hwang doing his best Firmino impression it’s primarily up to Daka to run at goal. Inconsistency is the problem with Daka atm. He’s also a decent dribbler, but at times he’s too sloppy. A little more concentration and he’ll turn out a fine player.

The one I like the most is Dominik Szoboszlai, but again, we don’t need more CMs. Then there’s Enock Mwepu who I’m trying to get an impression of as a DM. Unfortunately he’s too versatile, so I’m always catching Salzburg when he’s playing RW. Last week he was even a part of a back 3. He might be a little light weight for the Prem. Right here and now I’d take their Head Coach, Jesse Marsch.

Their Youth Team is playing a similar high intensive game. Watching Karim Adeyemi in the Youth League I didn’t like his selfishness, but he’s been promoted and gotten some minutes with the seniors and he’s looking more of a team player. His only real trait is pace, but that also seems to work with the seniors. Saw him come on against Rapid Wien and he got a goal ruled out due to offside, but I don’t know if that was correct cos he was on line with the defender. No VAR so we’ll never know. Later in that game he assisted a goal. At 18 years of age might be one to keep an eye out for.

Another one I’d like to see again from Salzburg’s youth ranks is Peter Pokorny. Only seen him once, but he was very impressive as DM. No bullying or muscle but still played like a boss. Clever movement to make himself available and he’s got a great technique striking the ball. He can ping a long range pass or strike at goal from way out. BUT there may be a disciplinary issue with the guy. He’s been picking up a lot of yellow and reds. He hasn’t played for FC Liefering (Salzburg’s affiliate) since he picked up a red 5 games ago. Don’t know what’s going on there.

A lot of people hate Red Bull, but I like how they are approaching things. Recruitment, development and intensive playing style are exactly the traits I’d like at our club.
I admire their operation, too. They are picking up some fabulous African players.
Unfortunately for Salzburg they aren’t matched in the league, and I think that’s a problem for their European campaign.
I see.
Daka has been in great scoring form this season. Haaland leaving in jan has made him the main guy, and with Hwang doing his best Firmino impression it’s primarily up to Daka to run at goal. Inconsistency is the problem with Daka atm. He’s also a decent dribbler, but at times he’s too sloppy. A little more concentration and he’ll turn out a fine player.
I have been looking at Daka this week in their game against Napoli at home, and both of their games against Frankfurt. I think there is something in him. Frightening pace and great defensive workrate. Is capable of passing to a colleague, but I haven't seen any signs of vision or dribbling ability yet, and the ball bounces off him at times. Intend to keep tabs on him.

I think Hwang is a bumble machine. But at least he has great athleticism.
The one I like the most is Dominik Szoboszlai, but again, we don’t need more CMs. Then there’s Enock Mwepu who I’m trying to get an impression of as a DM. Unfortunately he’s too versatile, so I’m always catching Salzburg when he’s playing RW. Last week he was even a part of a back 3. He might be a little light weight for the Prem. Right here and now I’d take their Head Coach, Jesse Marsch.
Szoboslai has not caught my eye, but Mwepu has, to an extent. He does some very nice things in possession, but serves up a few too many sloppy passes, perhaps. From a defensive POV, I think he is perhaps lacking a bit of bite/athleticism. I see him as an 8. Camara impressed the hell out of me at home to Frankfurt, but his engine blew up in the second half.

Marsch is one to watch, I agree.

I admire their operation, too. They are picking up some fabulous African players.

I see.

I have been looking at Daka this week in their game against Napoli at home, and both of their games against Frankfurt. I think there is something in him. Frightening pace and great defensive workrate. Is capable of passing to a colleague, but I haven't seen any signs of vision or dribbling ability yet, and the ball bounces off him at times. Intend to keep tabs on him.

I think Hwang is a bumble machine. But at least he has great athleticism.

Szoboslai has not caught my eye, but Mwepu has, to an extent. He does some very nice things in possession, but serves up a few too many sloppy passes, perhaps. From a defensive POV, I think he is perhaps lacking a bit of bite/athleticism. I see him as an 8. Camara impressed the hell out of me at home to Frankfurt, but his engine blew up in the second half.

Marsch is one to watch, I agree.

That’s right. Daka is a hard worker.

I tend to forget Szoboslai is only 19 cos he’s already been playing a fair amount of games. Maybe a new Bruno Fernandes in the making. Of course being a part of the RB setup he’s working harder without the ball than a Fernandes.

I don’t think athleticism is Mwepu’s problem. I just wanna see him get stuck in challenges and use a bit of muscle.

Still early days for Camara, but also an interesting player.

We just need to stop the BS and get Sangare out of Toulouse

That’s right. Daka is a hard worker.

I tend to forget Szoboslai is only 19 cos he’s already been playing a fair amount of games. Maybe a new Bruno Fernandes in the making. Of course being a part of the RB setup he’s working harder without the ball than a Fernandes.

I don’t think athleticism is Mwepu’s problem. I just wanna see him get stuck in challenges and use a bit of muscle.

Still early days for Camara, but also an interesting player.

We just need to stop the BS and get Sangare out of Toulouse
I was wrong about Mwepu and athleticism. Having another look here, and I have to say that he is a complete central midfielder. Could he do the job as a 6? Don't know yet, but it's possible.

Last edited:
Then there’s Enock Mwepu who I’m trying to get an impression of as a DM. Unfortunately he’s too versatile, so I’m always catching Salzburg when he’s playing RW. Last week he was even a part of a back 3. He might be a little light weight for the Prem.
Ok. Went through the first half of Salzburg v Napoli again. He was playing as a 6. The guy can definitely do it. And he is fucking hard, IMO. Can pass off either foot, bags of press resistance, lots of progressive passes, presses aggressively, great in the air, good defensive instincts. Wow.

Last edited:
Ok. Went through the first half of Salzburg v Napoli again. He was playing as a 6. The guy can definitely do it. And he is fucking hard, IMO. Can pass with either foot, bags of press resistance, lots of progressive passes, presses aggressively, great in the air, good defensive instincts. Wow.

Looks like he is ready to move

A lot of people hate Red Bull, but I like how they are approaching things. Recruitment, development and intensive playing style are exactly the traits I’d like at our club.

Agree. Would love to have brought in Rangnick and let him do a similar re-structuring job with us, overhaul our philosophy from top to bottom, recruitment geared to that philosophy etc, as he's done with the RB group.

And a couple of years ago he started making overtures about how much he would like to work in England, apparently he studied here when he was younger, and their/his approach would suit a club like us to a tee.

Daka and Mwepu are just the types of talents we should be after considering our lack of funds and the positions we are short in. Both seem to be good characters too. Would work hard for a manager like Mourinho

Back
Top Bottom