Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair enough and I agree.

Now to your subsequent question. Keeping in mind that I believe ALL strikers and the position as a whole is overvalued in the minds of fans and pundits AND every British player that has ever kicked a ball is overrated then yes I do feel Harry, one of our own (another point distorting perspective), is overrated and overvalued from a rational footballing perspective. And just as PSG should have taken the money we should have as well. Only 1 player was worth that money and he's old and moved on a free this window.

But to be clear I was specifically talking about Mbappe being overrated in my first post.

Messi might argue of course.

To Ronaldo, agreed. Impossible to actually comprehend what he keeps on doing.

Messi might argue of course.
Messi was the 1 player to which I was referring as 'worth it'. But even he is no longer worth it. As bus-conductor bus-conductor will attest I thought Barca should have sold him off for the last couple of seasons...now they got nothing for him after a few dismal seasons. Looks like the same short-sighted thinking will go down with Harry.

Messi was the 1 player to which I was referring as 'worth it'. But even he is no longer worth it. As bus-conductor bus-conductor will attest I thought Barca should have sold him off for the last couple of seasons...now they got nothing for him after a few dismal seasons. Looks like the same short-sighted thinking will go down with Harry.

Ah, well I think he and Ronaldo stand apart from any judgement of worth in truth.

todd1882 todd1882

Dijon’s Mounir Chouiar to join Yeni Malatyaspor on loan​

Foot Mercato report this afternoon that Dijon forward Mounir Chouiar is set to go out on loan to Turkish side Yeni Malatyaspor, after an agreement was found between the two teams.

The 22-year-old joins Didier Ndong at the club, with both being loaned out by the Burgundy club, and remains under contract with Dijon for another two campaigns.

The attacker has been with Les Rouges since 2019 after joining from Lens – the club at which he came through the ranks – and has six goals in two seasons.

So, according to Fabrizio Romano moonlighting for the Grauniad, the Griezmann, Luuk de Jong & Saúl transfers were all linked in a House of Cards fashion where it could have all come tumbling down on deadline day.

If chavski had pulled the plug on the Saúl deal, presumably Barca would now be facing financial bankruptcy.

Instead of which their fans can now watch the footballing bankruptcy of Braithwaite & de Jong up front instead of Messi & co.

---------------------------------------------------

But the craziest moment of an incredible window was the last few minutes. The Antoine Griezmann to Atlético, Saúl to Chelsea and Luuk de Jong to Barcelona deals were all linked. Each had to be finalised to allow the other deals to complete the domino effect. Everything was agreed verbally but all the contracts of a complicated triple negotiation had to be written down. Signatures did not arrive and in Spain there was talk of the deals for Griezmann and De Jong collapsing because there were problems for Saúl at Chelsea. The tension was high. Two of my sources stopped returning my calls; another kept telling me to stay “positive and calm”.

Here we go! Inside story of the most incredible transfer window in history | Fabrizio Romano

Hammmeeezzzz off to another team where he'll be a world beater for 4 games before falling off a footballing cliff.

To the mighty Qatar, probably on about 300,000K a week. A talent but also an absolute mercenary. Has he been at a club longer than a couple of years yet?!

I wonder how much of his wages they'll have to subsidise....

20m fee up the swanny too.

#BulletDodged.

To the mighty Qatar, probably on about 300,000K a week. A talent but also an absolute mercenary. Has he been at a club longer than a couple of years yet?!
And has he done anything apart a good world cup 7 year ago

Porto.
RM.

And has he done anything apart a good world cup 7 year ago

RLd8jS.png

Think that's just league games tho'.

Porto.
RM.

RLd8jS.png

Think that's just league games tho'.

Still mad that he's been at 7 club and he's only just turned 30, and that's not including his loan.

He was always going to be one of those high maintenance players that would fade the moment things got a little more difficult. Reminds me of the likes of Arnautovic and Payet.

Still mad that he's been at 7 club and he's only just turned 30, and that's not including his loan.

He was always going to be one of those high maintenance players that would fade the moment things got a little more difficult. Reminds me of the likes of Arnautovic and Payet.

Just another highlight reel player I'm glad we swerved every time he became available despite many's hunger for him here.

I'm shocked Everton got even 23 games out of him tbh.

Back
Top Bottom