Out the Tout

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I got a ST to attend all the matches not to sell on and make a profit from fellow fans. I've only missed 5 home games inthe 15 years I've had it and passed it to a friend for the value of the ticket.
I think fans should beware that if Mr 'money' Levy sees tickets going for loads over face value for certain cat A games he may increase the price of said cat A games in future seasons so we will all lose out.

I'm sort of torn on this.

On the one hand it's clearly exploitative. On the other, I'm pissed off as a ST holder that Ticketmaster robbed me of 25% of the value when I sold on the exchange so will be happy to get face value. Just cover my costs.

The article is slightly flawed. Buying off StubHub is no different to buying in general sale, so that takes the segregation question off the table seeing as all but the Goon game went on general sale this season. Anyone could buy.

Get the impression reading the Q&A's that StubHub are not much more than a marketplace? Not like Viagogo and Get Me In who, if you believe Panorama, actively rip fans off buying blocks in bulk for sports events and concerts. Can't see what's in it for them? Even on a potential big game, I just don't see many ST holders giving up their seats. I'd move hell itself to make sure I get to the Goon game. How are they getting a return? Commission is going to be limited and presume they've shunted the club a chunky six figure minimum advance for the pleasure. Maybe it's a big advertising brand awareness shindig?

Something doesn't sit right with me on this. On the face of it, it's plainly wrong, allowing ST holders to potentially fleece other Spurs fans, but I just can't seem to get overly worked up. Don't see it panning out as much to worry about I suppose. More worried about this rumour that our next shirt sponsor has lovely big red logo...

Ive tried using twitter and a couple of buyers didn't turn up and you could sell you ticket to a absolute idiot and that puts your st at risk.

If you sell at face value there isn't a problem. If you sell above face value I have no time for you.

Ive tried using twitter and a couple of buyers didn't turn up and you could sell you ticket to a absolute idiot and that puts your st at risk.

Yep, I had a no-show from twitter as well and missed one of Ade's only goals this year. If all stubhub did was allow ST holders to sell at face value securely there wouldn't be a problem, but we all know where this is headed. If Levy sees tickets for cat A games going for hundreds, whats to stop him rising the prices even more than usual, every year. This is just the beginning.

We live in a modern culture of every man for himself. That tribal 'togetherness' Spurs fans had up until even 8-10 years ago has pretty much gone. The only two places where it still seems to exist to any degree is 1882 events or amongst current\ex-firm (which are at either extreme of the football fan spectrum!).

On a personal note this StubHub rip-off won't affect me as I stopped doing Cat As last season as a point of principle (ie ridiculously high prices) but there is no getting away from the fact that this scheme will further negatively impact the demographic at the Lane for these games.

Don't believe the Sky\CL hype - 1882 over Cat As all day long.

Thats nice but my point is still valid.

I presume you won't be touting your ticket therefore selling at face value. Ultimately there's more important things than money when thinking about the romanticism of football. Anyone who chooses to sell above face even if that means getting back what the ticket is worth (as it does this year with the StubHub commission) then they're contributing to the polarisation of the Tottenham fanbase and essentially supporting everything that's wrong with the modern game.

Plus, ultimately you'll be playing into the clubs hands when they raise ST prices. This is proof that people are willing to pay more for these tickets. Next season, or the one after, your seat will cost you more. You will end up losing more money in the long term. Eventually, unless you're Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante you'll be priced out completely.

The only only way to stop this is if we as a unit of supporters reject Stubhub and the pricing of tickets in England in general.

What will actual happen is the some will use it anyway not really giving a fuck anything, and others will use it in secret and pretend they don't.

Some of the best games I went to this year cost a lot less than normal or fuck all.
To be honest, if I can't get tickets for cat A away games, I'd rather watch them in a Spursy pub than get raped on StubHub.

As a quick aside.

With the uplift in TV money, the club could give away free tickets to every game and still make the same revenue.

Just a thought.

Please carry on with your evening xx

That may be so, but I think we need as much money as possible to even try and compete with the teams above us. We all know Levy knows that. It's a shame the regular attendees to games are getting done over by the ever increasing prices whilst we wait for a new stadium and the increased revenue and sponsorship that comes with it. We're hamstrung by the 36k capacity right now unfortunately and probably still punching above our weight in the league table on wages.

Was pissed off with this Stub Hub thing to start with but reality is Spurs tickets are a commodity.

People loaning out their STs create demand. Anybody who has loaned out an ST or used a loaned ST is part of this problem, don't kid yourselves otherwise.

People who buy STs and then sell tickets "at face value" via twitter, facebook, friends, are effectively touting, CAT A and CAT B games. They don't pay the same money they sell them for. Nobody seems that bothered about that.

Season tickets have almost become a long term investment for most people, Levy is not stupid. He must see people loaning out STs, selling them via other ways than ticket exchange and has worked a way to make those people decide if they want to make a bit of money. If they do the club will benefit. For those that don't, chances are they didn't use the official route before anyway.

However much we say or think otherwise football is a business for 98% of clubs, don't hate the player hate the game. :levyeyes:

Back
Top Bottom