Pape Sarr

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought that too! Excellent weight of pass not only in the final third but those short 4-5 yard through balls into tight space during build up in the middle of the pitch.
He also plays a lot of first time passes into the mfs which have to be accurate and they nearly always are.

His technical play should definitely not be slept on, I've seen a few online pundits suggest he's a great athlete but he's much more.
THANK YOU! This is why I got pissed at Windy. I don't want to go there but I think its an appearance issue with some folk. Sarr is technically really good and yet folk obsessed with his physical attributes. He is absolutely making a nonsense of folk who thought Hojbjerg should be starting ahead of him in this system.

THANK YOU! This is why I got pissed at Windy. I don't want to go there but I think its an appearance issue with some folk. Sarr is technically really good and yet folk obsessed with his physical attributes. He is absolutely making a nonsense of folk who thought Hojbjerg should be starting ahead of him in this system.
Windy doesn't rate him? Just had to watch the clip of him and Biss mucking around last season which showed off the skill the guy has.

On the rewatch he has an underrated weight of pass.

Eats ground and carries the ball. Covers for Biss.

Big thing you’d want him to work on is receiving with a player to his back. He can keep the ball and hold it but Biss and Maddison have that ability to sell a dummy and turn a player behind them. Porro even did it yesterday.

If Sarr can do that, fucking hell…
The most exciting thing about Sarr is you can see that a lot of his game needs refining, but look at the level he is at already.

He seems really coachable as well - that’s if your coaching is focused on personal development and not “they must learn the system above all”.

They sub consciously think he’s Sissoko.

The only thing I’d say about his passing is that sometimes he can telegraph them
But he’s getting better with his disguising of them all the time.

The most exciting thing about Sarr is you can see that a lot of his game needs refining, but look at the level he is at already.

He seems really coachable as well - that’s if your coaching is focused on personal development and not “they must learn the system above all”.
His ceiling is sky high, his footballing iq, tenacity, potential and coachability is top tier.

I thought that too! Excellent weight of pass not only in the final third but those short 4-5 yard through balls into tight space during build up in the middle of the pitch.
He also plays a lot of first time passes into the mfs which have to be accurate and they nearly always are.

His technical play should definitely not be slept on, I've seen a few online pundits suggest he's a great athlete but he's much more.
He has a natural way to make it look easy when he carries the ball and passes,

Honestly think it’s a stereotype thing for some.

He does need to get better at receiving in tight spaces and dribbling out of pressure but that doesn’t make him technically poor.

He has a natural way to make it look easy when he carries the ball and passes,

Honestly think it’s a stereotype thing for some.

He does need to get better at receiving in tight spaces and dribbling out of pressure but that doesn’t make him technically poor.
He's got good feet he will get better and better at that. I recall the AC Milan game he ran rings round Tonaili he seems humble hard working and committed he will watch the frankly brilliant Bissouma and Maddison and copy and improve. He will fill out too which will make him better at shielding and riding challenges when he does receive under pressure.

They sub consciously think he’s Sissoko.
racist wonder showzen GIF

His biggest weakness is his shooting. His ball striking isn't up to scratch.
As an 8 he will get into good shooting positions ( which he does) but needs to work on his shooting.
This is one area where Holbjerg is superior, Bentancur is also better with his ball striking.

As an 8 he will get into good shooting positions ( which he does) but needs to work on his shooting.
This is one area where Holbjerg is superior, Bentancur is also better with his ball striking.
Not seeing that at all. He strikes the ball cleanly and well he will continue to pick up goals at a few a season rate. There's a video posted on this forum of him hitting an absolute peach of a shot don't agree with you.

Not seeing that at all. He strikes the ball cleanly and well he will continue to pick up goals at a few a season rate. There's a video posted on this forum of him hitting an absolute peach of a shot don't agree with you.
Really!?
I havent got time to look through games but I can clearly remember a few really poor shots off the top of my head and that's both this season and last season.
Anyway , we can keep an eye on that part of his game and see how he does. Hopefully his shooting will be efficient because he gets into good areas and a few goals a season from around the edge of the box would help the team greatly.

I've always been rather fond of Hojbjerg, I feel that he's actually good enough to play in a top team, as long as has a fellow DM or midfield that's much more dynamic alongside him. BUT, Sarr is a superior all round player no question! So I think as he's already shown so far, he is a very decent impact sub to have when we need some fresh legs, but I doubt he'll be happy warming the bench for long, so I reckon he'll be snapped up by a big club in either Jan or the summer for a pretty reasonable fee.

Really!?
I havent got time to look through games but I can clearly remember a few really poor shots off the top of my head and that's both this season and last season.
Anyway , we can keep an eye on that part of his game and see how he does. Hopefully his shooting will be efficient because he gets into good areas and a few goals a season from around the edge of the box would help the team greatly.
The difference is between what he can do vs what he does regularly. He can indeed hit the ball well, but usually he doesn't. His long skinny legs also make it hard for him to take snapshots after dribbling past someone of making a run.

He needs to add just little muscle to his legs, specifically hip adductors, so he can strike the ball hard with the inside of the foot.

Goal scoring is very often something that MF’ers refine later on in their development. Agree tho, strikes the ball ok but sometimes shoots when he shouldn’t - decision making improvement opportunity rather than a technical

Back
Top Bottom