Paulinho the dreadnought vs Adam the skaghead round 2 aka vs Stoke thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's been alright recently.
Early on in the season, he was great, but his form has dipped a bit.

Nevertheless, he's still much better than last season, but ... he needs to be reminded that his place isn't for granted in the PL. Plus, Rose's delivery sucks. And Davies (who's better in that aspect) should be able to cause more trouble (than Rose) by crossing balls to Kane and Chadli.
Rose's delivery has been much, much better n the last few weeks. I think he has been one of our strongest players over the last handful of games.

But Davies has been very dodgy against even poor opposition. Also his delivery really hasn't been that good, if his name was Rose, Walker or Naughton no-one would be saying his delivery was any good.

Anyway I think we should give Soldado, Kane and either Lennon or Andros a go for this game. Mix it up a bit and see what we can do with a different set up. I'd like to see.

[formation=4411, Lloris, Naughton, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose, Andros/Lennon, Mason, Stambouli, Chadli, Soldado, Kane][/formation]
Lennon is injured. Don't know if he will be fit come matchday.

I want Paulinho to play for one simple reason. Break that cunt Charlie's hip and let that be the last we see of both of them. 'Ol Paulie will go down as a hero and we'll all forget that he was utterly shit.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Naughton, Fazio, Verts, Rose, Stambouli, Mason, Townsend, Kane, Eriksen, Soldado][/formation]

Start it out as a 4231 with the ability to shift to a 442.

Subs: Lamela, Chadli, Dier, Adebayor, Dembele, Capoue, Vorm

BTW, I don't care if Rose could use a week off. After last time we played this team, he absolutely HAS to play this game. He'll get everyone riled up and the atmosphere will be fantastic.

Fuck Stoke, smegma munching cunts.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Naughton, Dier, Jan, Rose, Capoue, Mason, Lamela, Kane, Chadli, Soldado, [/formation]

Not too sure about Eriksen really, him and Lamela would be easily swapped. Perhaps a game out will help to motivate him and get him back on track. Thought Chadli had a really good game Sunday.. Andros too but dont think he deserves a start yet.. him or Eriksen could grab a few minutes off the bench

Would like Dier at CB too although Fazio could definitely do a job. We all know Kaboul will start though.[/formation]

[formation="41212, Lloris, Naughton, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies, Stambouli, Mason, Eriksen, Chadli, Soldado, Kane"][/formation]

Lets attack these pricks and do them by 3 or 4!! Can't see that lineup happening at all. Kaboul obviously starts. And so to does Ade knowing our luck!

I still don't get why some people want townsend on the right? He is a left footed winger, play him on the fucking left.
Also eriksen has to be played in the middle.

My team

--------------lloris-----------
Naught---faz--vert----davies
-----mason--eriksen----
Lennon------------townsend
------soldado--kane---

I have long said that Eriksen could well excel in the deeper role which Modric dominated. He hasn't been the same player this season for whatever reason but is such a good player he should be involved.

Having out and out pace on the wings would be nice for a chance, although if Lennon is fit they must play on the correct wings, non of this cutting in shit which doesn't really work for either of them, and is too easy to read.

Two up top, or one dropping off the front man, bish bash bosh - 4-0

I have long said that Eriksen could well excel in the deeper role which Modric dominated. He hasn't been the same player this season for whatever reason but is such a good player he should be involved.

Having out and out pace on the wings would be nice for a chance, although if Lennon is fit they must play on the correct wings, non of this cutting in shit which doesn't really work for either of them, and is too easy to read.

Two up top, or one dropping off the front man, bish bash bosh - 4-0
He could, but his shooting skills are such that it would be a waste to play him that deep. He's not that kind of player.

He could, but his shooting skills are such that it would be a waste to play him that deep. He's not that kind of player.

I don't agree but understand what your saying. I don't see any reason why he couldn't venture forward, as Modric would do on occasion but I would like to see us have a confident passer of the ball lying deeper on the pitch.

I've written deeper too many times today.

Back
Top Bottom