Pedro Porro

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte wants to go home. Stellini happy to stay.
Feels that way.

In Buddhism they talk about us being like a cup, fundamentally clean, but prone to filling with impurity.

This may be seen in daily life, remember “The Generation Game”? In that it showed how difficult and stressful things become if you over burden the short term memory?

It feels like the players have too many thoughts in short term memory, when Conte is loading them with demands, tactics, positioning. That now they seem to close off mentally = cup full of dirt = too many things in short term memory which are not pertinent to the moment.

It felt like Stellini / backroom - Conte, unburdened them Vs City, but preserved crucial form.

Shame if this is so, but something has majorly gone wrong (Ventrone compounding it, but the slide had started before his sad passing).

The players autonomic nervous systems appear to be faulting out, from perhaps adrenal fatigue and excessive HPA demand Contes methodology has brought (though I still attribute this to environmental factors, making these things more likely to occur).

Sigh.

It was like Patrice zebra on his debut, can’t recall who against, but they physically targeted him and he crumbled.

Today was worse though, as Contes tactics require his quality defending as we soo often cede meaningful possession to teams below us in the table and/or form.

He has the tools, no doubt, but given he was an England based youngster, so had seen the pace and intensity closely before, it was pretty abject.

#insert-thingscanonlygetbetter.gif and 🙏

it didnt help that hes been given his debut with that back 3! also didnt help that kulu had a fucking stinker in front of him too.

i think hell come good theres signs that there is a player there. he did try taking the piss too much defensively when he needed to play safe he thought he was back in portugal and could literally play out of trouble at ease.

the only thing im worried about was his decision making at times when he needed to play safe. that can easily be sorted though, hopefully he learnt a lot today.

Wasn't really a big secret that he couldn't defend , I just don't think coaches expected us to be dominated as such that we actually needed sess and royal
but I was told by the Youtube mafia that this guy was world class, surely we didn't buy a player we knew couldn't defend?

I mean I'll give him a few games, but please tell me we haven't done that....

Well looks very much like a guy who won't be able to defend in this system in this league, so fits right in! To be honest I'm finding harder and harder to find anyone on this board who can defend Conte or levy, so seems systemic..

Wasn't really a big secret that he couldn't defend , I just don't think coaches expected us to be dominated as such that we actually needed sess and royal

Why? .....Don't they watch us get pegged back most weeks like the rest of us do? ......Couldn't they have used Spence to test that theory at some point before January?

Buy:

...Young-ish RWB with blatant weaknesses in defense from lower league club for 20m on the strength of 2 good cup performances.

Refuse to play him and replace 6 months later with:

...Young-ish RWB with blatant weaknesses in defense from lower league club for 45m on the strength of 2 good cup performances.

(Obviously I hope the bloke goes on to smash it; but the dubious logic was already more than apparent....)

With the back 3 behind him its not surprising he got bummed a few times.
You can blame the back three, but he got caught out of position a lot and the one where he slid after the ball and missed it by a mile was a touch cringy.

All depends who comes in, but if Poch comes in to play a back 4, either he learns to defend, or he might as well join the RWB exodus.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom