Pedro Porro

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's funny because I saw it at once. I thought he was more ambitious in Milan than Skipp who was a bit safe and felt he was technically excellent in his touch and movement. But the one that strangely gets overlooked whilst folk talked up the Newcastle debacle was his performance in the battering at Woolwich. Sarr was the best Spurs player on the pitch he was the only one who did not throw the towel in. We were shameful but his heart and ability on the ball when his colleagues went missing was a beacon. Ironically that defeat confirmed to me he was special. He's very young it he's a frankly obvious top class talent.

Yes, that Woolwich performance he was by far and away our best player and made me stand up and realise we had a player.

It's funny because I saw it at once. I thought he was more ambitious in Milan than Skipp who was a bit safe and felt he was technically excellent in his touch and movement. But the one that strangely gets overlooked whilst folk talked up the Newcastle debacle was his performance in the battering at Woolwich. Sarr was the best Spurs player on the pitch he was the only one who did not throw the towel in. We were shameful but his heart and ability on the ball when his colleagues went missing was a beacon. Ironically that defeat confirmed to me he was special. He's very young with loads to learn it but he's a frankly an obvious top class talent.
The Spursplay guys asked Ange about his young players after the game and he was talking about Sarr and Udogie being only 20. He said "I'd better not mess it up".

Neville picking on Udogie is no shock either. These kids are serious talents jumping out at you when you watch them.

Even Porro at 23, under the right coach starts to look a serious talent.

Have to be realistic and the consistency might take until next season but when they get it... wow.

The Spursplay guys asked Ange about his young players after the game and he was talking about Sarr and Udogie being only 20. He said "I'd better not mess it up".

Neville picking on Udogie is no shock either. These kids are serious talents jumping out at you when you watch them.

Even Porro at 23, under the right coach starts to look a serious talent.

Have to be realistic and the consistency might take until next season but when they get it... wow.
I think we will look completely different by half-way through the season.

And I think teams are going to be shitting themselves.

Even Poch's first 6 months was iffy until the players got used to and brought into the system.

I think everyone forgot that coaching can improve players. Turns out we don’t need ready made world class signings to have a team worth watching.
He showed some real class last year, albeit figuring out a defensive structure during three managers in his first four months in the Premier League.

He's just a real character with the quality to impose that character on the game.

I think everyone forgot that coaching can improve players. Turns out we don’t need ready made world class signings to have a team worth watching.

I was lambasted by saying the squad we had wasn't a bad squad by people saying its shit, finished 8th for a reason, blah blah blah

Nope. I said it was reminiscent of AVB to Poch. A good squad that was one or two away from being an even better squad. A squad that had coached horrendously and would just need coaching.

Porro and Udogie can't play in back fours. Romero is a liability and more bullshit statements.

I hate to say I am not surprised. I know this player very well and he was/is a fan favorite at Sporting for a reason.

Needs to keep his head down and continue to improve game by game. What these two games have shown is that he clearly can be better defensively and compared last season and to those first matches in particular he looks MUCH better at the defensive end.

Was fist bumping and celebrating every blocked cross and defensive contribution today. For a bloke who isn't a natural defender, that kind of fire and passion will help make up the difference. Could have a great season at full back if he keeps focused on his defending.

I was lambasted by saying the squad we had wasn't a bad squad by people saying its shit, finished 8th for a reason, blah blah blah

Nope. I said it was reminiscent of AVB to Poch. A good squad that was one or two away from being an even better squad. A squad that had coached horrendously and would just need coaching.

Porro and Udogie can't play in back fours. Romero is a liability and more bullshit statements.

I dunno about that, we had several players as regular starters last season that were either complete shit (Lloris and Dier) or only really good enough to be squad players (Davies, Hojbjerg). Only Hojbjerg starting you could say was down to the coach, and a poor decision it was to start him over Bissouma. But Lloris, Davies and Dier have all been replaced by signings that have gone straight into the first team and made a huge difference in the type of football we can play (Vicario, VdV and Udogie). Add Maddison on top, though of course we have lost Kane. But four new signings in the first XI, with the spine of the team last season either benched (Hojbjerg) or completely binned (Lloris, Dier). Ange ball needed these 4 new first teamers and probably needs a 5th as a number 9. And maybe a 6th as another wide player.

The coaching was poor last season, but so was the squad. It was kept afloat by Kane really.

Really pleasantly surprised by Porro and our defense generally. Porro is fantastic going forward but didn’t think he was good enuf defensively to be a starter in a back four at this level. Very very happy I’ve been proven wrong!

Back
Top Bottom