Pedro Porro

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was so glad we signed him but so afraid he’d never get a real chance to play as RB in a back 4. He has unreal ball striking technique and excellent vision. It’s silly to think any team looking to attack (should always be us) would rather have Emerson in front of him at RB.

He prob won’t get much faster, but he can still improve his reading of the game defensively, and learn to play more efficiently and with better anticipation, which can add ‘speed’ from superior decision-making. He’s got a stocky muscular physique already and doesn’t need to add any more muscle.

Emerson is probably too good to be #2 behind Porro but I’m happy to have him as backup for now.

Look at coaching.

There’s no way you could have convinced me 4 months ago me that Porro would be underlapping and in a back 4 - and he’s looking more comfy every game.

That’s why Ange is where he is and Gaz Neville is where he is. Visionary.

quality player. once the scums adrenaline fizzled out our boys started to play around them like the boys they are. if we was brighton today they would of got thumped, they had an adrenaline shot cos its NLD.

Lot of good performances today, so not surprised he’s slipped through the cracks a little but I thought he was excellent. Nothing came from down his side defensively and he was bright going forward.

He's gotten so much better at defending crosses which go over his head. He made one or two clearances with his head yesterday, where Porro of last season would not anticipate the danger at all which most likely would lead to a goal for the opposition. Brilliant work by both him and Ange to fix his biggest flaw.

I think there’s been plenty of moments this season where the concerns about his defending have been born out. He’s also not brilliant when he/we are getting pressed hard, as we saw against Utd and yesterday when we couldn’t get out of our half.

He’s been pretty good in offensive situations, especially when we’ve been territorially dominant.

Which is pretty much what people were saying (not me as I said I’d not seen anything of him before we signed him) and I don’t think they have been proven wrong.

You can see why his qualities suit an attacking WB more than an orthodox RB. And we don’t really play him as an orthodox (up and down the touchline) RB either.

When we are dominating the ball in the final third of games he’s an asset, but still think when we’re getting pressed or when he actually has to defend one-on-one in deeper areas he is a bit weak. He’s young, hopefully he can improve that side. I’m not pissing my pants as personally think in a proactive system it’s the attacking side of the game that’s more important for a fullback than the defending (as long as it's competent at least), others might disagree..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom