Pelé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His tenure with Ajax, Netherlands and Barcelona will make him one of the most influential people in football. An influence still felt today.
IMHO, Michels and Clough are the two greatest managers in football — though for very different reasons.
Yes, agreed.

The difference between managers who win things, and managers who win things and leave some sort of legacy/style is an important distinction.

As an example, Ferguson was a great manager, winning trophies galore with 3 rebuilt sides but his legacy is, I think, only left for the PL or even more specifically, Manchester United. But the absolute greats change the way we think about football.

Is there a member of this forum who has seen a match Pele played in, on tv live, but other than the 1970 world cup?

Brazil icon Pele showing 'progressive improvement' after having a respiratory infection treated at hospital... with the​

82-year-old 'stable, conscious and showing no further complications' at a Sao Paulo hospital​

By KIERAN LYNCH FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 17:10 GMT, 6 December 2022 | UPDATED: 20:48 GMT, 6 December 2022

Pele is showing signs of 'progressive improvement' after being treated for a respiratory infection at a hospital in Sao Paulo.
Brazilian publication Globo have reported that the legendary figure's condition is improving after he was taken to hospital for tests.
They add that the 82-year-old is showing 'stable signs, is 'conscious' and is 'without further complications.'

And only you are interested

Just grieve for the great man and leave it at that why can’t you?
What the BBC has done is like quoting Michael Jackson in tribute to Madeline McCann.

Honestly, you English cunts will accept all manner of racist debauchery. I'm actually quite impressed by how you pick and choose your standards.

Anyway, did you manage to catch Prince Andrew the musical this evening? Quite the romp.

What the BBC has done is like quoting Michael Jackson in tribute to Madeline McCann.

Honestly, you English cunts will accept all manner of racist debauchery. I'm actually quite impressed by how you pick and choose your standards.

Anyway, did you manage to catch Prince Andrew the musical this evening? Quite the romp.

You know that this is my night for tea with the minister where we compare brass rubbings!

One solidifies his claim to greatness and not even 2 weeks later the old guard checks out. The definition of an icon. Rip

64596-28a28b17-42b2-4321-91e1-d8ce5152896d.jpg
I really shouldn't laugh

You really have no limits to your plastic virtue signalling based trolling do you?
From someone who claims to be a Scot, quite the most racist country known to man, who when they aren't abusing people by their skin colour, hair colour or generally coming from anywhere south of Hadrian's wall - they simply fight with each other over a religious division.
If you want t to significantly improve things around here and influence opinion, then just close your account and go elsewhere.
Thanks for shitting on a thread that has become a memorial to a legendary footballing icon.
You're a daily mail reading basic bitch, Mick. There's fuck all me closing my account will do to improve that.

It was your BBC who drew the link between confirmed racist Geoff Hurst and an obituary for Pelé. It's important that the forum's moral compass calls that out.

I don't deny you your right to be a far right wanker, but it doesn't stop me from balancing that out with some righteous sanity.

Anyway, have you managed to find a job yet? Was thinking about reaching out, I might know of a few vacancies coming up.

Admin Admin - Any chance to can clean this thread up and shift all the shite to the 'Clutter' thread?

Binning off fake Jimmy Crankie would be a bonus.

Thanks.

It might have been better if you'd have posted your criticism of the BBC here, in the BBC thread - https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/bbc-how-do-you-want-your-bbc.14888/ - rather than mess up people's tributes to Pele.
My original post on the matter was in no way controversial, unless one is a racist English nationalist. But I concede, as you say, and because the forum has that particular element, that perhaps I should filter my comments to account for far right outrage.

Back
Top Bottom