Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He reminds me of Huddlestone (not in looks obviously) in that if given plenty of time and no pressure on the ball he's actually a half decent forward thinking player, only that hardly ever happens in a premier league game so he is in fact, dog shit.
Yeah and when you play as DM he has even less time and kills you with his constant passes backwards - shits himself and recycles constantly

Some unfair comments here, as PEH gives everything and has been a good servant. Much less annoying IMO than was Dier.

He has a good shot, but as others have said, needs time on the ball. He's not a "natural" elite player IMO, and has I don't doubt worked extremely hard to get where he has got. Fair play to him. He's generally done well in his reduced role this season.

I don't mind him staying TBH if he wants to, but only as a sub.

Some unfair comments here, as PEH gives everything and has been a good servant. Much less annoying IMO than was Dier.

He has a good shot, but as others have said, needs time on the ball. He's not a "natural" elite player IMO, and has I don't doubt worked extremely hard to get where he has got. Fair play to him. He's generally done well in his reduced role this season.

He is terrible but it's mitigated with a fantastic attitude. Which is why it gives me no pleasure to say I think he is levels of rubbish. And Ive been saying so since waking up under Jose.

First of all you see the good bits and get swept along then you ever so slowly see past the gesture football, the pointing and geeing up, the occasional goal that looks like defiance in the face of the ass kicking his other manifest issues have caused. He's an unathletic void in the most damaging area of the pitch and his in ability to cover and utter incompetence in playing on the half turn kills you over and over. He is much better furthest forward just not good enough to carry, but he has been part of so many systemic failures at Spurs that like Eric Dier he needs to start over somewhere else. Italy a much better option for him imho.

I have always used a car analogy to express my feelings regarding PEH.

For me he is the Freund Zetec.

Steffen Freund with nicer upholstery and alloy wheels.

He’s the shittest DM to play 100 PL games. A disaster of a player

He's not sissoko levels of bad, but he can't do the job that his position demands. He hides, he's largely awful on the ball, he has absolutely no composure at all. He's a liability.

All the talk of being a 'good servant' is bs imo, it's the very least you should expect from a player. If that's the best you can say about him you're in trouble.

He's not sissoko levels of bad, but he can't do the job that his position demands. He hides, he's largely awful on the ball, he has absolutely no composure at all. He's a liability.

All the talk of being a 'good servant' is bs imo, it's the very least you should expect from a player. If that's the best you can say about him you're in trouble.
I think Sissoko is better at what he did, because he was actually athletic enough if you gave him a very very simple remit.

Never had much against him and thought he looked ok alongside Bentancur under Conte when they were both expected to fend off fuck knows how many oppo players in the midfield on their own (mental). At best, he's a 20-minute sub option under Ange and not worth keeping.

I wish him all the best now it looks like he might be back in a two-man defence under the watchful eye of his old raging General.

I think Sissoko is better at what he did, because he was actually athletic enough if you gave him a very very simple remit.

Stop Motion No GIF by Mouse

Back
Top Bottom