Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s been nothing but a hard working professional since joining and has been one of our most consistent midfielders for a long time. He puts in a shift every game and will go on to play at a high level for good teams for several more years. He’s not perfect for this system is all.

He’s been nothing but a hard working professional since joining and has been one of our most consistent midfielders for a long time. He puts in a shift every game and will go on to play at a high level for good teams for several more years. He’s not perfect for this system is all.
No his problem is he could play well for 80 min and make a howler to cost us a goal

Is that 2 goals he's scored this week...? He's a predator now!!

I know they're 'only' International friendlies, but it strikes me that he's gonna be one of those players (if he isn't already) who always looks decent for EVERYONE ELSE he plays for... except us!

What is it that we DO to some players?!

Now I'm in two minds whether we should keep him or not!

's the MATTER with me?

Is that 2 goals he's scored this week...? He's a predator now!!

I know they're 'only' International friendlies, but it strikes me that he's gonna be one of those players (if he isn't already) who always looks decent for EVERYONE ELSE he plays for... except us!

What is it that we DO to some players?!

Now I'm in two minds whether we should keep him or not!

's the MATTER with me?
He is a decent player - there are deep guardrails to this though. He can’t play as a DM, and he’s at his best striding forward with the ball with a bit of space and time. He can ping a ball, can score and carry it. He’s completely unsuitable for Spurs and absolutely diabolical as a DM

He is a decent player - there are deep guardrails to this though. He can’t play as a DM, and he’s at his best striding forward with the ball with a bit of space and time. He can ping a ball, can score and carry it. He’s completely unsuitable for Spurs and absolutely diabolical as a DM
Which begs the question: why the HELL didn't we use him further up the pitch when we were short in that area...

Bentancur, Maddison, Bissouma and Sarr have all spent chunks of the season out either injured or suspended (or simply a drop in form)
Why on earth did we persist playing him at DM if he's so ill suited to the role?

(I gotta,admit, when we first signed him, I DID assume he was a DM who could chip in with the odd goal)

Which begs the question: why the HELL didn't we use him further up the pitch when we were short in that area...

Bentancur, Maddison, Bissouma and Sarr have all spent chunks of the season out either injured or suspended (or simply a drop in form)
Why on earth did we persist playing him at DM if he's so ill suited to the role?

(I gotta,admit, when we first signed him, I DID assume he was a DM who could chip in with the odd goal)
He got three managers tinned, Ange sussed the fraud out and bombed him

You're thinking of Winks surely?

PEH looked like Beckenbauer next to Winks.

He was our only hope in those days.
No he was and remains a central part of our mediocrity. Where as Harry Winks for a brief window was a component in making Pochettino system work. In games against some of the very best teams in Europen football. I bare PEH no malice but the sooner him Locelso and Ndombele are gone the brighter the future looks.

No he was and remains a central part of our mediocrity. Where as Harry Winks for a brief window was a component in making Pochettino system work. In games against some of the very best teams in Europen football. I bare PEH no malice but the sooner him Locelso and Ndombele are gone the brighter the future looks.
Yeah funny with PEH as I don't hate the player just hated the fact that he was regarded as one of our best midfielders for so long, and the fact he's profiled as being great defensively, when he's not.

He's a decent premier league midfielder and would be good for most clubs in Europe. He's a good pro, as long as we don't price him out of a move he will easily find a club.

I agree it is time for PEH to leave Spurs but he definitely was regarded as our best central midfield option, under Jose and then Conte, until Bentancur arrived. He also played well with Bentancur when the help he needed finally arrived.

PEH has been an honest if unspectacular performer for Spurs.

He does not deserve to be tagged in with N'dombele and Lo Celso in my opinion.

The message to PEH should be It's time to go but thanks for your service.

I agree it is time for PEH to leave Spurs but he definitely was regarded as our best central midfield option, under Jose and then Conte, until Bentancur arrived. He also played well with Bentancur when the help he needed finally arrived.

PEH has been an honest if unspectacular performer for Spurs.

He does not deserve to be tagged in with N'dombele and Lo Celso in my opinion.

The message to PEH should be It's time to go but thanks for your service.
And fuck off, and never show your face here again you basic, wage thief of a ginger blockhead

Back
Top Bottom