Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think all of them are "correct". 15 is probably the base fee. But if we pay all the bonuses it comes up to 25 in total.
These bonuses almost mean nothing to the buying team so it's a bit of a win-win.

£15m base + £1m for each cup (3) win + £2m for winning the League + £5m for making 2021/22 CL and suddenly Soton can tell their supporters they got £25m for him.

That being said, this may indicate that Mourinho actually really wants PEH, because the only leverage Soton has is how fast this happens, so Levy adding this on top seems to be a way to grease the skids to get him in now.

These bonuses almost mean nothing to the buying team so it's a bit of a win-win.

£15m base + £1m for each cup (3) win + £2m for winning the League + £5m for making 2021/22 CL and suddenly Soton can tell their supporters they got £25m for him.

That being said, this may indicate that Mourinho actually really wants PEH, because the only leverage Soton has is how fast this happens, so Levy adding this on top seems to be a way to grease the skids to get him in now.
That's quite naive. It's almost always heavily based on appearances.

Dan Kilpatrick reporting a £3m difference between KWP and PEH. Decent signing, hopefully he steps up his game a bit with better players around him.

This move works out well in the imagined scenario that it allows Mourinho to play Ndombele. Hojberg sharing the field with Sissoko is something I dread.

Certainly will give Mourinho the tactical flexibility to play a 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 if we get a second striker. I'm at the "just buy a DM" stage of desperation after two years, so getting one in now super early in the window is great.

Dan Kilpatrick reporting a £3m difference between KWP and PEH. Decent signing, hopefully he steps up his game a bit with better players around him.

This move works out well in the imagined scenario that it allows Mourinho to play Ndombele. Hojberg sharing the field with Sissoko is something I dread.

Let's face it that is going to happen. Might as well prepare ourselves for it now.

Back
Top Bottom