Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, that's what I meant by my comment. He gets stuck into tackles and breaks up play.

Winks and Sissoko are both positionally pretty good defensive players (both don't get enough credit for it), but neither is a natural tackler.
I get what you're saying, but considering Winks and SIssoko, I´d say only Winks is a good midfielder in terms of positioning. Sissoko doesn't get credit for other aspects of his game, I agree, but being positionally good is not one of them - at least not as a number 6/part of a double pivot.

In my opinion, he can be good defensively playing on the right of a midfield diamond, or as a defensive RW.

If you're gonna 'rest your case', does that mean you're going to shut the fuck up now? So the rest of us don't have to read your whining?

:adegrin:

595e6771085c1edb197a001f9523879233.png

Are we losing a decent right back prospect (by god we need at least one more) and gaining an average player that adds a reliable body, but not an upgrade on Winks & Sissoko? I'm not confident, but time will tell.

TBF I am a Saints fan but come in peace. If you’ve got quality attacking midfielders then PEH could do a job for you. He covers a lot of ground but he’s not amazing with the ball at his feet. He recycles the ball well enough but mostly sideways. Not a lot of pace either. He‘s a great fist pumper of the badge BTW. However, if we (Saints) are to continue to progress then his position in the team is one that we would need to strengthen anyway. As for KWP, he looked a bit lightweight when he joined but post lockdown he seems to have beefed up. We‘re excited to (hopefully) get him. He looks like a class act. Thanks.

I was told to not listen to Saints fans by people on here so even though I agree with you, I can’t apparently /s

Sissoko is good defensively is the new "Poch gives youth opportunity". I'm done with this shite, I couldn't count on my fingers how many times I saw Sissoko simply steping away from disputes this season. The guy simply sucks, he's shit marking, he's shit tracking back, he doesn't have tactical awareness. I don't know how someone could see a football player there, he doesn't have any good attribute as a player. Hojbjerg will be cheaper and actually, as proved before, can do a very good job defending and even make a fucking accurate pass from more than 2 meters. Just stop the comparission.

I was told to not listen to Saints fans by people on here so even though I agree with you, I can’t apparently /s
The reason I registered onto this site was to respond to accusations that most Saints fans started slagging PEH because he wanted to leave. Up until then “we thought he was the greatest thing since sliced bread“. Sure, it’s always dissapointing when someone wants to leave but I’m sure that most fans would agree that it’s not a player leaving that causes offence it ‘how‘ they leave. Don’t disrespect us and to be fair to PEH he’s done nothing wrong. He’s highly professional. He leaves the management and most of the fans of SFC with goodwill. Wait till you hear him speak. He’s wise beyond his years. We’ll miss his character more than his ball playing skills to be honest. No doubt Mourinho will look to PEH to help protect your back 4. He’ll stiffen you up for sure but for us anything over £20m is good business because we’re in need of a more creative midfielder to play alongside JWP.

The reason I registered onto this site was to respond to accusations that most Saints fans started slagging PEH because he wanted to leave. Up until then “we thought he was the greatest thing since sliced bread“. Sure, it’s always dissapointing when someone wants to leave but I’m sure that most fans would agree that it’s not a player leaving that causes offence it ‘how‘ they leave. Don’t disrespect us and to be fair to PEH he’s done nothing wrong. He’s highly professional. He leaves the management and most of the fans of SFC with goodwill. Wait till you hear him speak. He’s wise beyond his years. We’ll miss his character more than his ball playing skills to be honest. No doubt Mourinho will look to PEH to help protect your back 4. He’ll stiffen you up for sure but for us anything over £20m is good business because we’re in need of a more creative midfielder to play alongside JWP.

I think that's the idea tbh. Solidify us more and use his ball winning / breaking up the play skills to then set our forwards (son, Moura, Kane etc) bombing forward on the counter.

So you're saying he is an intelligent cunt?

I am far from convinced he is what we want. However if he signs then I do hope unlike all those bought in last season, he is fit and plays the first match and is given a run of games even if he makes a few mistakes.

I will reserve my opinion so I can claim in one year that I knew all along how he was going to work out, and nobody can prove otherwise.

:mourthumb:

Yeah, I can imagine...cough cough...modric and berbatov.

I have actually followed the kid since Bayern and have liked him. I do still like him. I think he will be a nice piece to our team and from what I have seen of him, he is very mature for his age. Doesn't he speak 3+ languages? A bit of a Pjanic in that realm.

My issue, as it sounds like it is yours as well, is that I don't think he is the DM we need. But it is what it is and he appears to be the option.

Back
Top Bottom