Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

22.jpg

Joelinton made a poor pass and jumped onto Hojbjerg and the ref pointed for a free-kick. It was an atrocious decision. I don't blame the ref for giving the penalty. I think they are told to point to the spot in these sort of situations. It's the rule-makers' fault for having horribly unfair rules. But the initial free-kick was a ridiculously dumb decision.

He comes across to me as a nasty little fucker who is quite prepared to 'mix it' if deemed necessary. Hard as nails and if he ever does go down injured then it's serious. Puts himself about and undoubtedly played his best game for us today. He'll never be a top star but the opposition will always know he's around. He's growing on me every game.

He comes across to me as a nasty little fucker who is quite prepared to 'mix it' if deemed necessary. Hard as nails and if he ever does go down injured then it's serious. Puts himself about and undoubtedly played his best game for us today. He'll never be a top star but the opposition will always know he's around. He's growing on me every game.
I actually think he fakes a bit of pain every now and then. He made a poor tackle against Everton and was rolling on the floor pretending to be injured. Couldn't con the ref though who produced a yellow card.

I think he's guilty of trying a little too hard as it stands but I'm glad he's here and I think his value will be proven over this season and the next rather than the couple of games we've played.

Joelinton made a poor pass and jumped onto Hojbjerg and the ref pointed for a free-kick. It was an atrocious decision. I don't blame the ref for giving the penalty. I think they are told to point to the spot in these sort of situations. It's the rule-makers' fault for having horribly unfair rules. But the initial free-kick was a ridiculously dumb decision.

Apart from the two handballs in the box that Newcastle were found not guilty of because reasons.

He didn't even see it. It was either his assistant that gave him the call or he looked over and saw Joelinton on the ground and thought something happened.

Best game so far, but won't get too excited cause NC were so shit, especially in the first half.

He did do one thing in the box in the second half that irked me. He tried to trap the ball in the box and immediately turned it over. Just needs to clear it when late in the game and the momentum has shifted. Don't need heroics.

Back
Top Bottom