Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was our MOTM.

Whether he's right for us remains to be seen but if he plays like he did yesterday then he makes this team better.

Why people can't acknowledge a really good performance when it occurs is simply weird but to use a good performance as a soundboard for criticism takes some doing.

We're obsessed by how good a player is on the ball aren't we, now we're praising Winks and Iceberg for not looking shit against a team that had 10 men behind the ball.

The difference Barrios would make is that he genuinely protects the defence and retrieves the ball relentlessly. That would have allowed us to play Lo Celso alongside him and given us room for another more creative midfielder in the team.

I mean we've seen how bad having a midfielder who can't play the ball is with Sissoko, and Barrios can't dribble either.

Did you see his cross to Kane?

I'm talking about Wilmar Barrios who someone brought up, not Hojbjerg.

I thought Hojbjerg was good yesterday.

I mean we've seen how bad having a midfielder who can't play the ball is with Sissoko, and Barrios can't dribble either.

I'm talking about Wilmar Barrios who someone brought up, not Hojbjerg.

I thought Hojbjerg was good yesterday.
Ah I see.

Many apologies upon the House of Illini.

tenor.gif

I really rate him.

I said even after the Everton game I was impressed with him. We looked solid in the first half in that game and it was the Sissoko sub that changed things.

Against Southampton he was doing Winks job for him. Watch the first half, he was working exceptionally hard and second half he was very good.

Against Newcastle brilliant and today brilliant again.

MOTM today, fucking phenomenal. The amount of interceptions, harassing people, showing leadership, good passing, a brilliant assist for Aurier. One of the best performances by a midfielder at this club since Dembele.

Back
Top Bottom