Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The problem with Hojberg is that I just don't see what he does well.

He doesn't pass well, he doesn't protect the centre halves well, he's not athletic, he is a trier and gets about the pitch, but he's not a stand out player. A definite upgrade from Winks and Sissoko, but that's about it.

No doubt we'll get plenty of stats about "tackles" and "pressures" and "xG" and "H20" and shit.
I’ve stated my concerns about him as he was truly hopeless for a lot of the second half of the season but he’s worth sticking with IMO

The ridiculous, bottling passes booted back from the middle third to Lloris were pathetic, but that could well have been Jose’s instruction. He’s never going to be a decent DM, but alongside a better footballer and storming through as an 8 will suit him much better.

The problem with Hojberg is that I just don't see what he does well.

He doesn't pass well, he doesn't protect the centre halves well, he's not athletic, he is a trier and gets about the pitch, but he's not a stand out player. A definite upgrade from Winks and Sissoko, but that's about it.

No doubt we'll get plenty of stats about "tackles" and "pressures" and "xG" and "H20" and shit.
Hes actually the very definition of average. Not good, not bad. But we have winks and sissoko, so his presence is not a problem for us yet.

Again a great game from him. Blocked a crucial pass in the second half, and was a nuisance to the English attacking threat for the entire game. Hopefully he gets a well-deserved long rest, and comes back even stronger.

Back
Top Bottom