Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am not sure how much PEH rates himself, although seeing how willing he is to yell at others for his mistakes he must think he is pretty perfect, but Spurs fans definitely think he is better than he is.
"I know what I want, the club knows it too," Hojbjerg told SPORT1."

“I want to play at an even higher level than I am currently. The relationship between me and Southampton is fantastic.

“The club gave me the platform to grow. I'm not saying 'goodbye' and I'm focused on my club, but my goal is very clear: I want to win the Premier League and the Champions League.

"“I gained a lot of experience [at Bayern Munich] so that I could move on to develop elsewhere. When I was 23 I became a captain in a Premier League club. Now I’m hungry to get to the next level."

"I know what I want, the club knows it too," Hojbjerg told SPORT1."

“I want to play at an even higher level than I am currently. The relationship between me and Southampton is fantastic.

“The club gave me the platform to grow. I'm not saying 'goodbye' and I'm focused on my club, but my goal is very clear: I want to win the Premier League and the Champions League.

"“I gained a lot of experience [at Bayern Munich] so that I could move on to develop elsewhere. When I was 23 I became a captain in a Premier League club. Now I’m hungry to get to the next level."

I've absolutely no problem with him backing himself, none whatsoever. Think the Scots call it "Gallus". That's fine.

What I have a problem with is if he thinks he's too good to be fallible. He was at fault for the fuck up in the league cup final where he passed the ball out of play. Rather than take responsibility this "warrior" blamed another player for his mistake and then went through a full on bit of acting that would sweep the boards at the Oscars. He was shit on Sunday too when Kante got the ball rather than read the situation he just stood at the edge of the penalty area, allowed Kante to shoot and tried to block the shot with his arse.

To some, this is examples of "future leader" and "Viking warrior" to be they're the actions of someone covering.

I am not sure how much PEH rates himself, although seeing how willing he is to yell at others for his mistakes he must think he is pretty perfect, but Spurs fans definitely think he is better than he is.
Yeah i'm not sure i've seen a Spurs player as overated by our fans for some time. Hojbjerg isn't bad and is capable of having good games and doing good things in a match but i still don't really know what he is as a midfielder. He's not really a defensive midfielder and doesn't offer enough with incisive passing or goals to be box to box. It may seem harsh as he has been one of our better players for 14 months but can't help thinking he's part of the problem rather than solution.

He's not up there with the best in his position, but he's far from the worst of our problems throughout the side. He's a 7 out of 10 player. Rarely man of the match or does anything to really stand out, but also doesn't let the team down either. One of the few players we have you would want in the trenches with you.

Yeah i'm not sure i've seen a Spurs player as overated by our fans for some time. Hojbjerg isn't bad and is capable of having good games and doing good things in a match but i still don't really know what he is as a midfielder. He's not really a defensive midfielder and doesn't offer enough with incisive passing or goals to be box to box. It may seem harsh as he has been one of our better players for 14 months but can't help thinking he's part of the problem rather than solution.
Completely agree. He's been distinctly average for the best part of a year now, like the rest of our midfield.

Nowhere near it in terms of the level we need to get us back challenging for the top 4.

He's not up there with the best in his position, but he's far from the worst of our problems throughout the side. He's a 7 out of 10 player. Rarely man of the match or does anything to really stand out, but also doesn't let the team down either. One of the few players we have you would want in the trenches with you.

I don’t think he sucks and am fine with him starting for us, especially with the MF we have.

However, he should be our 3rd or 4th choice MF not the top guy many fans, and managers it seems, think he is.

Using the current 4-3-3 we seem tied to if he were the 3rd MF playing behind something like Bissouma and a motivated Tanguy (as an example) and rotated with GLC (who is clearly a better player) and Skipp depending on need/form/health that would be more of his level in my view.

I don’t think he sucks and am fine with him starting for us, especially with the MF we have.

However, he should be our 3rd or 4th choice MF not the top guy many fans, and managers it seems, think he is.

Using the current 4-3-3 we seem tied to if he were the 3rd MF playing behind something like Bissouma and a motivated Tanguy (as an example) and rotated with GLC (who is clearly a better player) and Skipp depending on need/form/health that would be more of his level in my view.

I think Skipp and him do the same job and therefore shouldn't both play together ideally. But whoever we play in midfield there's not enough creativity and will continue to be a big problem until we buy someone that can pick a pass and score a goal from midfield. Ndombele might be able to do that if you play him in a free role, but then he becomes an absolute luxury player and we aren't a good enough team to have that.

Weird how people have turned against him.
I saw through him early on.

He’s actually not a bad player but he can retreat and make cowardly decisions when pressured. He would look half decent under Klopp/Pep who wouldn’t tolerate him hitting it back to the centre backs / keeper rather than playing

Weird how people have turned against him.

I am not sure that people are turning against him or that saying he is ok/good not great is really turning against him either.

The hardwork always wins fans early and still has a major impact on a big portion of the fanbase as seen by his reputation but eventually I think the more people watch him the more they see his limitations.

Weird how people are trying to find a scapegoat now Winks has gone out the side and have somehow landed on Hojbjerg. Not sure what more he has to do to seem worthwhile to you lot, half of you don't even seem to think he is good defensively despite obviously being a very good defensive player and has the stats to back it up.

I suppose it's the usual crew who think that anybody who doesn't pass like Eriksen isn't worth a go in midfield. Despite being a primarily defensive minded midfielder he still does chip in with assists (and even goals sometimes! ie Rennes). Let's not forget he was one of the best midfielders at the Euros for a reason.

But go ahead an call him 'not a CDM' and 'not a CM' and ask 'what does he do' if it makes you feel better about why we're not performing lol :pochrolleyes:

Weird how people are trying to find a scapegoat now Winks has gone out the side and have somehow landed on Hojbjerg. Not sure what more he has to do to seem worthwhile to you lot, half of you don't even seem to think he is good defensively despite obviously being a very good defensive player and has the stats to back it up.

I suppose it's the usual crew who think that anybody who doesn't pass like Eriksen isn't worth a go in midfield. Despite being a primarily defensive minded midfielder he still does chip in with assists (and even goals sometimes! ie Rennes). Let's not forget he was one of the best midfielders at the Euros for a reason.

But go ahead an call him 'not a CDM' and 'not a CM' and ask 'what does he do' if it makes you feel better about why we're not performing lol :pochrolleyes:
He did have a good euros but Lo Celso apparently performs for Argentina so it means fuck all.

I don’t think he’s a good CDM, nothing to do with not passing like Eriksen. I actually think he’s offensive player is greater than his defensive work (in tough games)

The opinions on here are so utterly dumb and deluded it’s wild y’all even take the time to type them. PEH is one of our better players and makes our team better. Scorn should be saved for Lo Celso who is utterly below average and shouldn’t be anywhere near the team.

Back
Top Bottom