PL Fixtures 2019/2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I might've got the first game right, but claiming they don't announce the TV games yet was clearly wrong.

5.30pm for our opener, which makes it harder for me to go unfortunately

and you can bet your house on our second game City being a live TV offering - possibly Newcastle - and again 100% for the NLD ... Saturday at 3pm not so much ....

Dear god in your infinite wisdom , I don't ask for much but please make sure that neither Trippier or Wanyama are anywhere near the starting 11 by August

Whether you fancy having that many tough away dates in the first part of the season, the most important for me is that the fixtures against other top 6 are spread out nicely, with none of them on the bounce. Secondarily, we're finishing with 2, maybe 3, teams likely to be done for the season. Couldn't really ask for more imo :tobyarm:

GHASTLY FIXTURES!!!

...joking, though the first few HOME games are certainly 'balanced' shall we say by the first few AWAY!!

Still, as i'm starting to believe more and more, the old adage of "you've got to play everyone at some point" is true to an extent... it doesn't half help to play teams at certain points of the season, when they may be in/or out of form...
problem is, you never know until you get to that point of the season whether they are in or out of form!!

I bet plenty of teams (except fucking West Ham) were bemoaning the fact we've moved into NWHL when we did, as it clearly gave us an advantage in the CL game against City, and most probably got us over the line in the race for 4th....

Liverpool & Man City's astonishing early season runs last year, were due, in part, to the fact they were playing some teams who were horribly out of form/exhausted from the WC (yes, i'm referring to us!) ...and benefited from it no end!

That gave them both the momentum to rack up points early, so that when they did face other teams further into the season, they were already miles ahead and 'a fearsome proposition'... other teams wilt under that kind of intimidation!

We need to get POINTS ON THE BOARD EARLY!
....make a statement to the rest, then let them worry about us!!

Last edited:
Whether you fancy having that many tough away dates in the first part of the season, the most important for me is that the fixtures against other top 6 are spread out nicely, with none of them on the bounce. Secondarily, we're finishing with 2, maybe 3, teams likely to be done for the season. Couldn't really ask for more imo :tobyarm:

The only killer for me is Son being suspended for Man City away 2nd game in, especially after what he did to them in the Champions League. Apart from that it looks pretty perfect on paper all in all

GHASTLY FIXTURES!!!

...joking, though the first few HOME games are certainly 'balanced' shall we say by the first few AWAY!!

Still, as i'm starting to believe more and more, the old adage of "you've got to play everyone at some point" is true to an extent... it doesn't half help to play teams at certain points of the season, when they may be in/or out of form...
problem is, you never know until you get to that point of the season whether they are in or out of form!!

I bet plenty of teams (except fucking West Ham) were bemoaning the fact we've moved into NWHL when we did, as it clearly gave us an advantage in the CL game against City, and most probably got us over the line in the race for 4th....

Liverpool & Man City's astonishing early season runs last year, were due, in part, to the fact they were playing some teams who were horribly out of form/exhausted from the WC (yes, i'm referring to us!) ...and benefited from it no end!

That gave them both the momentum to rack up points early, so that when they did face other teams further into the season, they were already miles ahead and 'a fearsome proposition'... other teams wilt under that kind of intimidation!

POINTS ON THE BOARD EARLY.... make a statement to the rest, then let them worry about us!!

It's a win/ win for me. Start off well and we know we have a more than favourable final third of the season to push onto, start off a little slow and it's a killer but we know we have those final 10-11 games to make up ground on if we play our proper game.

Would have liked a Bournemouth away 2nd game in for Sonnys suspension but kicking off at home against Villa makes up for it. Come out the trap season early and we'll all get pretty excited very soon

Just realised scum away is the same day as my sister's wedding...

I think I may well cancel. I'm supposed to be giving her away, think she'll mind?

We have a home game on opening day :pochshock:
And the Arse away!

giphy.gif

Villa at home, nice. Here's Grealish what you could have had v Tanguy Ndombele the player we DID get.

:pochsmirk:

Hope so anyway.

First NLD is a tad early though, prefer it to be in October or November but so be it.

Counting down the days already!

COYS

Doesn't look to bad for me, just the early test in August.
The last 2 months look good for the run in.

Back
Top Bottom