Please stop calling west ham fans "pikeys"

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Please please please please stop all these jokes (which arent funny) about calling west ham fans travellers/gypsies.

we dont accept racism against jews, black people, arabs etc so why should irish travellers or romani gypsies be any different?
and "pikey" is no better than "yid" (in the racist context)

it's racist and we're better than that.
please :avbpray:

I totally agree to be honest.. 'Pikey' is short for 'Turnpike', Gypsy HATE it.
8Qndo.jpg

Why is it racist?

Do we stop calling the Irish Paddies, Scots Jocks and the Welsh sheep shaggers as well?

Its a nickname for a bunch of people who choose to roam the country in caravans - when did that get declared a race? (or do they race the caravans?)

What about chavs? Is that racist as well?

I think some people really need to sort themselves out on the "Whats racist" and what isn't, front.

By the way - I have chucked a couple of light hearted comments in there, for the sake of humour - don't get all precious on me and start ranting about them. Please.

Well, 10 minutes with Wikipedia makes me expert enough on Irish Travellers to know that the latest scientific analysis of their genetics supports the claim that Travellers are genetically distinct.

Please please please please stop all these jokes (which arent funny) about calling west ham fans travellers/gypsies.

we dont accept racism against jews, black people, arabs etc so why should irish travellers or romani gypsies be any different?
and "pikey" is no better than "yid" (in the racist context)

it's racist and we're better than that.
please :avbpray:
Fuck off mate. You've been telling us that "yid" is ok, so who are you now to pass judgment?

Not that I use "pikey", but then I don't use "yid" either.

i distinctly remember we used to chant:

"north london, la-la-la"

to the fans of this east london outfit...

and - in the best traditions of traveller communities, perhaps not entirely certain where they're from and who probably haven't had regular schooling - they used to come back with:

"west london, la-la-la"

(cos they're called west ham, geddit?)

Fuck off mate. You've been telling us that "yid" is ok, so who are you now to pass judgment?

Not that I use "pikey", but then I don't use "yid" either.

as i said in my post, it completely depends on context. if travellers decided to call themselves the Pikey Army to combat abuse they get, i'd be behind them. Yid can be ok in some contexts and not ok in another context and same goes for "pikey" but the way i see it being used towards west ham fans is definitely an abusive context.

He neg repped me because I wrote down the lyrics of a fucking song?!?! They weren't my lyrics! And now it's a dirty red (can I say 'dirty red'?) stain on my name on the left hand of my screen.

Please remove it jewvenileyouth jewvenileyouth !

:vdvcry: :saha: :vdvhmm: :klinsmann:

sorry, only just seen that, deleted it

His name says it all really.

..does it?

Back
Top Bottom