Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
Bollocks. I want Poch to return, but the squad we had in 2016/2017 was insane. Great goalie in Hugo, best fullbacks and centreback combination in the league, more than a respectable midfield with Wanyama, Dembele and sometimes Dier, and a great attack that to this day would still work. If that isn't a title-winning squad, I don't know what is. He performed well that season, it's just that Conte did the impossible with the Chavs.

Yeh right. Dembele was unfit and often on the bench under AVB and Sherwood, Rose was rubbish, Walker a liability, Eriksen hit or miss. The only players pulling up tree’s where Kane and sometimes Verts or Lloris. Infact back then Bentaleb and Mason where two of the most reliable players. He built that 16/17 team it wasn’t gifted to him.

He got those players playing at or beyond what they where capable of. We know it ran out of steam as it would but don’t change history. As for title winning squad we lost to Conte with peak Hazard and Kante, we got 86 points which would have won the title in many seasons.

Bollocks. I want Poch to return, but the squad we had in 2016/2017 was insane. Great goalie in Hugo, best fullbacks and centreback combination in the league, more than a respectable midfield with Wanyama, Dembele and sometimes Dier, and a great attack that to this day would still work. If that isn't a title-winning squad, I don't know what is. He performed well that season, it's just that Conte did the impossible with the Chavs.
Yeah but the point is he didn't inherit some brilliant side he helped build it. I posted the side from Pochs first game and its woeful, worse than what we have now.

Yeh right. Dembele was unfit and often on the bench under AVB and Sherwood, Rose was rubbish, Walker a liability, Eriksen hit or miss. The only players pulling up tree’s where Kane and sometimes Verts or Lloris. Infact back then Bentaleb and Mason where two of the most reliable players.

He got those players player at or beyond what they where capable of. We know it ran out of stream as it would but don’t change history.
That's before he took over. It's like saying Ranieri had a shit squad because Vardy used to play in the National League, and Mahrez with Kante were Ligue 2 players. Doesn't matter, they were unfound gems, the same way that when Poch had the squad at his peak, our squad was probably the best in the League. Conte won the league with Marcos Alonso and Victor Moses as wing-backs for fucks sake, you can't tell me that squad was better than ours that year...

That's before he took over. It's like saying Ranieri had a shit squad because Vardy used to play in the National League, and Mahrez with Kante were Ligue 2 players. Doesn't matter, they were unfound gems, the same way that when Poch had the squad at his peak, our squad was probably the best in the League. Conte won the league with Marcos Alonso and Victor Moses as wing-backs for fucks sake, you can't tell me that squad was better than ours that year...

Conte won the league with peak Hazard and Kante, neither of whom got injured that season nor did they have European football to deal with. He is a great manager but Chelsea had some great payers.

Ahh you see when another manager wins a cup it's all on the players when Poch wins a cup it's all him.

Oh wait Poch didn't win us a cup....
That Chelsea team that Conte had was stacked with serial winners at the absolute peak of their powers who had won multiple trophies throughout their career...

Our team was full of players who had never won a bean whom the manager was evidently getting to play to the absolute max of their powers.

Completely incomparable and it’s nonsense to suggest we had a stronger side or somehow had a right to win trophies ahead of that Chelsea side...

That Chelsea team that Conte had was stacked with serial winners at the absolute peak of their powers who had won multiple trophies throughout their career...

Our team was full of players who had never won a bean whom the manager was evidently getting to play to the absolute max of their powers.

Completely incomparable and it’s nonsense to suggest we had a stronger side or somehow had a right to win trophies ahead of that Chelsea side...
Do you seriously not think Poch could not have won at least something with that 17/18 team?

Not a single League cup, FA or Europa?

Ahhh wait I forgot Poch wasn't interested in the "domestics" was he?

No they were far below a manager of his status, a guy that most Southampton fans actually wanted sacked before he came to us....

Do you seriously not think Poch could not have won at least something with that 17/18 team?

Not a single League cup, FA or Europa?

Ahhh wait I forgot Poch wasn't interested in the "domestics" was he?

No they were far below a manager of his status, a guy that most Southampton fans actually wanted sacked before he came to us....
Yeah sure we could have but this insinuation from the likes of you that we had some divine right to because of the qualities of our squad is just ridiculous.

The other revisionist bullshit that people often spout is Pochettino wasn’t interested in the Domestic cups. Complete and utter dung. Do you not remember the FA Cup semi final in 16/17? Are you really suggesting we didn’t go full throttle to win that? We were beaten by an absolute machine of a Chelsea side that day. Poch would have given his left bollock to win that, but as usually happened when push really came to shove, we were outdone by quality on the day.

Yeah sure we could have but this insinuation from the likes of you that we had some divine right to because of the qualities of our squad is just ridiculous.

The other revisionist bullshit that people often spout is Pochettino wasn’t interested in the Domestic cups. Complete and utter dung. Do you not remember the FA Cup semi final in 16/17? Are you really suggesting we didn’t go full throttle to win that? We were beaten by an absolute machine of a Chelsea side that day. Poch would have given his left bollock to win that, but as usually happened when push really came to shove, we were outdone by quality on the day.

Oh deary me it's alright then when we lost to City in the FA Cup final none of it was Masons fault, nope the guy didn't make any bad tactical decisions or subs because the city team was an "absolute machine".

Tactically Poch is a mental midget, are we going to forget that he played Son at left back during that Chelsea game?

Admit the fact that he's at least partly to blame for our fuck ups.

Poch cultists trying to explain why coming third in a two horse race makes you a tactical genius.

tenor.gif

Oh deary me it's alright then when we lost to City in the FA Cup final none of it was Masons fault, nope the guy didn't make any bad tactical decisions or subs because the city team was an "absolute machine".

Tactically Poch is a mental midget, are we going to forget that he played Son at left back during that Chelsea game?

Admit the fact that he's at least partly to blame for our fuck ups.
The headline takes the quotes totally out of context.

He says, whilst he would “love” to win a domestic cup, as the evidence points to (LC Final, 2 FA Cup semis, and one LC semi final, all of which we narrowly lost during his tenure) his ambition was to make Tottenham a club regularly competing for the BIGGEST trophies, The PL and CL. Which he did make us in fairness to him, with little to no help from the board.

The headline takes the quotes totally out of context.

He says, whilst he would “love” to win a domestic cup, as the evidence points to (LC Final, 2 FA Cup semis, and one LC semi final, all of which we narrowly lost during his tenure) his ambition was to make Tottenham a club regularly competing for the BIGGEST trophies, The PL and CL. Which he did make us in fairness to him, with little to no help from the board.

Pochettino, reportedly a leading contender for the United job at the end of the season, said after Spurs lost at Palace that winning trophies does not take a club to the next level, adding: “It only builds your ego.”

Disgusting attitude from the trophy dodger, honestly quite traitorous.

I agree those players were all great what we lacked was depth we lacked real good replacements for our forward players. Which is why kane often played injured. The starting 11 if fit was the best in the league at the time but the overall squad was top 4 at best.

I agree those players were all great what we lacked was depth we lacked real good replacements for our forward players. Which is why kane often played injured. The starting 11 if fit was the best in the league at the time but the overall squad was top 4 at best.
Sure, because Batshuayi, Christensen etc. were all Premier League winners quality...

Back
Top Bottom