Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
Different subject altogether, but is Neymar the most overrated footballer of all time?
I think he's a brilliant footballer, that for whatever reason some people choose to want to hate, actually go out of their way to post how shit they think he is just as they've just seen him take on 3 players and curl a ball 1 inch wide of the post from 25yrds out and say "I told you he's shit".

That exact scenario played out in the match thread to the CL semi only a couple of weeks ago.

But we live in strange times, where players are "supported" and "hated" in equal measure, where if you praise player 'A' it must mean you hate player 'B' and if you're a person who likes both A & B, "fans" of either will unite in their disdain for the person that thinks both players are bloody great.

He's not as dominant as Messi or as Ronaldo was, who both of these players would often be the best player on the park almost every game they played (Messi more so) but I think Messi has broken a glass ceiling in consistenly being brilliant that any great player not matching that consistency gets called out for being overrated as they don't affect the game for 3 games or whatever.

I think he's a brilliant footballer, that for whatever reason some people choose to want to hate, actually go out of their way to post how shit they think he is just as they've just seen him take on 3 players and curl a ball 1 inch wide of the post from 25yrds out and say "I told you he's shit".

That exact scenario played out in the match thread to the CL semi only a couple of weeks ago.

But we live in strange times, where players are "supported" and "hated" in equal measure, where if you praise player 'A' it must mean you hate player 'B' and if you're a person who likes both A & B, "fans" of either will unite in their disdain for the person that thinks both players are bloody great.

He's not as dominant as Messi or as Ronaldo was, who both of these players would often be the best player on the park almost every game they played (Messi more so) but I think Messi has broken a glass ceiling in consistenly being brilliant that any great player not matching that consistency gets called out for being overrated as they don't affect the game for 3 games or whatever.
On the opposite side of that nowadays if a player does 1 good thing in 5 games hes world glass.
Someone on sky sports the other day saying how much grealish reminds him of messi!!! Even merson laughed at it.
Players get blown up for nothing nowadays depending on their social media following

On the opposite side of that nowadays if a player does 1 good thing in 5 games hes world glass.
Someone on sky sports the other day saying how much grealish reminds him of messi!!! Even merson laughed at it.
Players get blown up for nothing nowadays depending on their social media following
Yep. I think there the fight to be first to "recognise" how good someone is, combined with the need to sensationalize everything (good/bad) coupled with the downright laziness of 95% of all punditry teams to do absolutely no fucking research on the teams, their players, how they play so they just follow the narrative that's been built from those who are sensationalizing everything. This circle just eats itself.

I've got two players in that category Rashford and Mbappe. Both are good players, Mpabbe the much better of the two, but really when has Mpappe turned it on to warrant the status and standing he enjoys? Both may well go on to be supreme players, they have years and years ahead of them but they simply don't warrant the commentary surrounding them IMO.

Yep. I think there the fight to be first to "recognise" how good someone is, combined with the need to sensationalize everything (good/bad) coupled with the downright laziness of 95% of all punditry teams to do absolutely no fucking research on the teams, their players, how they play so they just follow the narrative that's been built from those who are sensationalizing everything. This circle just eats itself.

I've got two players in that category Rashford and Mbappe. Both are good players, Mpabbe the much better of the two, but really when has Mpappe turned it on to warrant the status and standing he enjoys? Both may well go on to be supreme players, they have years and years ahead of them but they simply don't warrant the commentary surrounding them IMO.
Rashford is the most overrated player in the Premier League by quite some distance. I have no idea what his best position is.
Neither does Smeagol and I'd bet Rashford doesn't either.

Love poch but fact was in his last 24 Prem games we got 25 points and the football in those last few games was atrocious - the defeat at home to Newcastle springs to mind as a low point- what will be different if he comes back?
Well we can miss goodbye to any hope we had of winning, the FA Cup, the league Cup or Europa league as Poch has made it clear in the past that he can't be arsed with being competetive in them.

Rashford is the most overrated player in the Premier League by quite some distance. I have no idea what his best position is.
Neither does Smeagol and I'd bet Rashford doesn't either.
I don't think it matters too much about the position when you're a young player, common to see young CF's asked to play out wide, CB's to usually pushed out to RB/LB, I don't often understand the true logic to support this but its common place.

I think the best I've ever seen him was the year he broke though. I player I really like who plays in the same position is Harvy Barns, he's nailing down all the fundamentals down, his movement off the ball is fantastic, rarely gets caught out by offside traps, so his trimmings and reading of the game is spot on. His first touch is improving incrementally and links and holds up play well. He's starting to produce from his final ball now. All these things Rashford struggles with.

I believe Greenwood is a better player, certainly has more of the fundamentals nailed down more than Rashford.

I think being a Utd academy player automatically scores them points within the media.

It would be interesting to get to hear what Fergie thinks of his work outside of football, I can't help but think he would think it's a distraction, despite all the good he's done.

Different subject altogether, but is Neymar the most overrated footballer of all time?
I despise many things about Neymar. His antics on and off the field mainly.

But he is undoubtedly a great player, a true once in a generation talent. He’s just unlucky he’s playing in the same era as Lionel Messi and to a lesser extent Cristiano.
Without these two he would be the undisputed best in the world IMO.

🚨🚨NEW ITK ALERT🚨🚨

I've just received groundbreaking information from the club about the shocking new managerial appointment!!!

All you need to do to know is send your credit card number, the three numbers on the back, and the expiration date.
5624 0976 3842 0447
08/23

This is the clubs credit card btw. It is hooked up to a shock collar around Daniel’s neck. Try and sign a player we’ve heard of... he gets a shock. If the value is over 10m he gets a shock. Managerial gardening leave payment... shock.

Money coming in.. All values set off his vibrating anal beads.

Daniel is a kinky fella.

85 South Praying GIF by BET Hip Hop Awards

Back
Top Bottom