Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
Just noticed how close the poll is.Thought it would be much bigger for the "yays".

It ended very poorly that last calander year was awful. I voted yes but if there was a third option of a conditional yes if we get players in clear Deadwood and get a DOF in then I imagine a lot of the no's would vote that and some of the yes voters.

Like many have said if its to do the same shit again with nothing changing it's pointless

Wow. just cast a 'No' vote and it's 50-50.

I love Poch, but it's too soon. He needs to mature and it feels like a backward step right now. I won't be unhappy if he joins, quite the opposite, but there's next to no chance that he will get what he needs and that means we'll do alright temporarily then struggle again.

Poch + Warchest + DoF = Very happy.
Poch + Warchest = Happy
Poch = Meh.

It ended very poorly that last calander year was awful. I voted yes but if there was a third option of a conditional yes if we get players in clear Deadwood and get a DOF in then I imagine a lot of the no's would vote that and some of the yes voters.

Like many have said if its to do the same shit again with nothing changing it's pointless
I am like you, but because i cant see any of that happening,fell the no side of the fence.

It just feels like a case of "i'm getting the band back together" to me.
Worked out well for the Blues Brothers.

Mission Reaction GIF

Wow. just cast a 'No' vote and it's 50-50.

I love Poch, but it's too soon. He needs to mature and it feels like a backward step right now. I won't be unhappy if he joins, quite the opposite, but there's next to no chance that he will get what he needs and that means we'll do alright temporarily then struggle again.

Poch + Warchest + DoF = Very happy.
Poch + Warchest = Happy
Poch = Meh.
When Kane leaves he will have a massive warchest

Needs backing with a new defence the Deadwood cleared and a director off football to fit the vision
While I see absolute sense in the club appointing a DoF with an over arching vision, and Levy stepping away from the day-to-day, Ive seen nothing from Poch to suggest he would be happy in that set up.

His time with the club saw him go from coach to manager, with greater and greater say on transfers (and, IMO,less success...)

I do actually think Rangnick, with his youth approach and high pressing philosophy could work very well with Poch, supplying the players Poch would like - but I really dont know that Poch would be interested in that set up at all.

Sorry but this is bullshit. I love Poch but if we get him back it's because we can't find anyone decent to take the job. Or more likely nobody decent actually wants to take the job.

So let's get the guy who can put his arm around shit players like Winks and hopefully that will make them happy enough to play a bit better and save us having to make hard, tough decisions and rip the squad apart, which is what we actually need to do.

Plus all the angry ENIC out mob will quieten down now we've got our lovely, cuddly hero Poch back.

It's a cynical move by Levy and some people are already falling for it.

I’m voting yes.

I *fully* accept, even agree with, the concerns raised. Poch wasn’t an especially flexible coach and I see no evidence that he has developed a Plan B, let alone a Plan C. It smacks of getting the fans onside before offloading Harry. Recruitment will remain turgid.

But it basically comes down to what you want from the club. I would rather sing for a manager I love than grumble about a dickhead that might offer more success.

That fully prohibits me from whinging at a later stage.

Back
Top Bottom