Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
Dembele was good in avb's first season. There was a stat in the first 30 odd games that if he was on the pitch we'd never lose. Only when we bought paulinho next season, AVB tried to create a brazilian duo in midfield with Sandro (both portuguese speakers) and ruined himself.

Mason and Bentaleb were terrible players. We actually got less points in Poch's first season then in the clusterfuck Sherwood/AVB season. Only when poch realised his mistake the next season when Mason got injured that Dembele started getting games again and the rest is history.

Dembele used to drive everyone crazy in the stands. He would get the ball with a clear counterattacking opportunity and then spin on the ball and kill it and he would do it repeatedly. Whatever happened under Poch with his fitness or his use of the ball it transformed him. He always had a great skill set in certain areas but he went up 1-2 levels.

I could live with that. At least there would be no arguments as to whether they were Poch or Levy signings. A manager should be a manager,not a head coach and allowed to manage.

I think even if you give the manager 'full control' of first tean transfers there should still remain a DoF figure if sorts that is thinking 3-5 years down the line wrt to academy/loans and signing youngsters - i think the two can co-exist

I think even if you give the manager 'full control' of first tean transfers there should still remain a DoF figure if sorts that is thinking 3-5 years down the line wrt to academy/loans and signing youngsters - i think the two can co-exist
Yes, i agree.And when i said a manager should manage,i meant in our present set up with Daniel doing it all.
Ideally a head coach/Manager and a DoF

is fanboy the go to insult for anyone who can see the value in someone or something that you disagree with?

You in general, not necessarily you personally
No

To me Fanbois is a term used for people who support and follow the player or manager and not necessarily the club

Nothing to do with disagreeing or insulting

I don’t get it myself

I support Spurs whoever is in charge or whoever plays for us

Dembele used to drive everyone crazy in the stands. He would get the ball with a clear counterattacking opportunity and then spin on the ball and kill it and he would do it repeatedly. Whatever happened under Poch with his fitness or his use of the ball it transformed him. He always had a great skill set in certain areas but he went up 1-2 levels.
Ndombele is a poor version of him imv

'oooo Poch what a nearly man oooo what a fraud'

Some of you guys have short memories, his football took us to another plain of performance which in turn opened our options for better players and managers and Levy did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with that foundation he laid. And who gives a fuck if we lost some finals, you make the team better and go again, re Liverpool.

The only reason most of you frauds have high ambitions for the likes of Le Cunte is because of high league and CL placings under his reign.

No a fanboy is someone who obsessively supports someone despite them being an obvious nearlyman to anyone around,
so what do you call someone who doesn't understand that you can only achieve great things when you have a budget provided by someone who is as rich as croesus, and that someone who gives them a fucking good run for their money on a budget that pays for 25-50% of the squads of the other teams, is in fact a really talented manager?

The same sort of person who doesn't understand that winning lots of silverware when you only manage clubs on stupid budgets and then fail badly when you manage a club that operates one, shows that you are a chequebook manager, presumably.

so what do you call someone who doesn't understand that you can only achieve great things when you have a budget provided by someone who is as rich as croesus, and that someone who gives them a fucking good run for their money on a budget that pays for 25-50% of the squads of the other teams, is in fact a really talented manager?

The same sort of person who doesn't understand that winning lots of silverware when you only manage clubs on stupid budgets and then fail badly when you manage a club that operates one, shows that you are a chequebook manager, presumably.

Thick?

Very few managers have such a complete role these days, and there's a reason for that - not sure it's a good idea at all.

Though I agree, whether it goes well or not there would be no doubts about who was responsible
Is different skillset for different roles. It's s big mistake to give Pochettino total control over anything but training and team selection. Because he pretty much sucks at everything else. Well he has been known to suck at team selections and tactics from time to time also, and changes. What is it again that he is good at?

Is different skillset for different roles. It's s big mistake to give Pochettino total control over anything but training and team selection. Because he pretty much sucks at everything else. Well he has been known to suck at team selections and tactics from time to time also, and changes. What is it again that he is good at?
To be fair to him, he's very good at most aspects of the team. All the complaints I've had for him these last days are really the areas I want to see him improve as they are the obvious weaknesses to how he performed for us.

I want to see more holistic use of the squad, and strategy in getting more from the fringe players, having them involved/ready to play.

I want to see him show more flexibility tactically, more than just a good plan A.

I want to see a more ruthless edge to him (and consequently the team).

If he comes in and is in the right place, we'll hopefully see a dynamic and aggressive team dominating opposition every week, that we know will be hard to beat.

and you, of course are overqualified to make that call.
Remind me - which team of PL champions was it you managed again.......?
OK OK major European league winner........?

Ooookaaay, any league winning team...........?

well - in comparison to you, he seems to be sooo much better at everything and anything to do with professional football, than you are then?

I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted a summer of clear outs. Focusing more on moving players than bringing some in right away.
Whoever gets the job, they'll need to be ruthless and get things done mighty quickly. There's only a few weeks before the first game of the new season. Yet another good reason for re-employing someone who already knows the club inside-out. They can hit the ground running.

and you, of course are overqualified to make that call.
Remind me - which team of PL champions was it you managed again.......?
OK OK major European league winner........?

Ooookaaay, any league winning team...........?

well - in comparison to you, he seems to be sooo much better at everything and anything to do with professional football, than you are then?
I'm not suggesting me for any of the roles.

Back
Top Bottom