Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
No

To me Fanbois is a term used for people who support and follow the player or manager and not necessarily the club

Nothing to do with disagreeing or insulting

I don’t get it myself

I support Spurs whoever is in charge or whoever plays for us
But you're a Levy fanboy ain't you?

Don't be so stupid, Sissoko was played because there were no other options for CM and the first area of the pitch we improved once the stadium money was getting banked was, you guessed it, central midfield.

We had a paper thin squad (quality wise) for most of his time, that's why he relied on the small group of quality.
Ahahaha oh dear, let's go over some of the "tactical" decisions by Poch.

Playing Son at left back during an FA Cup Semi Final.
Playing an extremely out of form Dier against United in an FA Cup Semi Final.
Starting an out of form Kane in a CL final and leaving Moura on the bench.

And the list goes on.

So can we please stop with this "but Poch had no options" nonsense, the guy has no tactical brain hence why he kept bottling cups.

There's always an excuse for Poch and his failure but not so when it's Jose or Mason.

Funny that, almost like there's a Poch fan club on here......
I recognise the blokes faults,however i also remember that for much of his time here we were good to watch and we got within an inch of trophies(yes i know,thats an discussion in itself).people aint going to forget that in a hurry.
i am not a fanboy as they are termed on here,but i do understand the optimism & hopes from some.

Don't be so stupid, Sissoko was played because there were no other options for CM and the first area of the pitch we improved once the stadium money was getting banked was, you guessed it, central midfield.

We had a paper thin squad (quality wise) for most of his time, that's why he relied on the small group of quality.
Yes, Poch took a long time to even play sissoko regularly. He was shocking at the start, Poch obviously coached him to a respectable level and he started getting more games. Certainly not one of his favourite players, more like a case of "I didn't want you, but you're here now so I may as well use you".

I recognise the blokes faults,however i also remember that for much of his time here we were good to watch and we got within an inch of trophies(yes i know,thats an discussion in itself).people aint going to forget that in a hurry.
i am not a fanboy as they are termed on here,but i do understand the optimism & hopes from some.
I just wish some users on here would also remember the press conferences where he refused to answer questions, where he said he would likely leave after the UCL regardless of the result, where he openly flirted with the media reports that Madrid/United were interested in him.

It was disgusting behaviour from him and I don't think we should be groveling down to a guy who treated us like that.

Yes, Poch took a long time to even play sissoko regularly. He was shocking at the start, Poch obviously coached him to a respectable level and he started getting more games. Certainly not one of his favourite players, more like a case of "I didn't want you, but you're here now so I may as well use you".
I'm afraid that's not really true, Sissoko had 33 appearances for Spurs during the 2017/18 season, Poch would then go on to play him regularly for the next 2 seasons.

Hardly sounds like a case of not wanting him here.

I just wish some users on here would also remember the press conferences where he refused to answer questions, where he said he would likely leave after the UCL regardless of the result, where he openly flirted with the media reports that Madrid/United were interested in him.

It was disgusting behaviour from him and I don't think we should be groveling down to a guy who treated us like that.
I do get where you are coming from, i really do.But! i think should he come back,then we have to draw a line under anything that happened in his last stint.And so should he.
For what its worth one of the things i live by, in my world,is never go back.Be that Jobs, partners etc.
So i am still in the out camp with Poch,but,as said, i see why others my think differently.

Sissoko was a last minute Levy signing wasn't he? After weeks of bumbling around in the transfer markets trying to shave a few shekels of the managers real target.

The deflection levels from the Levy fan boys is being raised up a notch or two, it seems
:sonlol:

You love to see it.

There's always an excuse for Poch and his failure but not so when it's Jose or Mason.

Funny that, almost like there's a Poch fan club on here......
Every manager can be blamed or defended. Even Ferguson gets a kicking for leaving United with a weak squad. There's no perfect manager for us. Poch just happens to be the guy that has given the fans the most to be happy about in the modern era so not surprising he has more fans defending him than Jose or Mason

Every manager can be blamed or defended. Even Ferguson gets a kicking for leaving United with a weak squad. There's no perfect manager for us. Poch just happens to be the guy that has given the fans the most to be happy about in the modern era so not surprising he has more fans defending him than Jose or Mason
Jose actually did better than Poch when you compare his managership to Pochetino's final 4 to 5 months. We were 14th in the Premier League having taken just 14 points from our opening 12 games of the 2019-20 season. In fact, really we endured 9 months of awful football in 2019, massively papered over by the CL final.

The time when Poch was "good" was literally years ago now.

The BRUTAL reality of a potential Poch return.

43558051-9629221-image-a-19_1622199676533.jpg

Ahahaha oh dear, let's go over some of the "tactical" decisions by Poch.

Playing Son at left back during an FA Cup Semi Final.
Playing an extremely out of form Dier against United in an FA Cup Semi Final.
Starting an out of form Kane in a CL final and leaving Moura on the bench.

And the list goes on.

So can we please stop with this "but Poch had no options" nonsense, the guy has no tactical brain hence why he kept bottling cups.
What about all the good he did too? The reason you have this entitled attitude as a fan is because Poch took us to that next level where we expect to be in the CL. We expect to be contending for trophies.

Before Poch, most of our fanbase was just hoping for a top four finish or EL. Now we expect much better.

Jose actually did better than Poch when you compare his managership to Pochetino's final 4 to 5 months. We were 14th in the Premier League having taken just 14 points from our opening 12 games of the 2019-20 season. In fact, really we endured 9 months of awful football in 2019, massively papered over by the CL final.

The time when Poch was "good" was literally years ago now.

Yeah you lost all credibility with that statement.

It doesn't matter who the manager is, the players need to be changed. That is something nobody can deny. These stats are pointless because the players were mostly the same.

Bring in Poch and give him time to rebuild.
Agreed. I think the mourinho saga had proven that the manager selection is mostly a moot point unless you have a squad with quality, and the right balance of energy/youth and experience.

Agreed. I think the mourinho saga had proven that the manager selection is mostly a moot point unless you have a squad with quality, and the right balance of energy/youth and experience.
I'd say the Mourinho saga proved that even the most decorated and elite of football managers will fail with an ENIC team and their profit trumps all philosophy.

Makes Poch's achievment all the more remarkable when you think about it.

I'd love to see how the cult react if we appoint Conte and he fails.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom