Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
Poch got players like Rose playing at 100% for season after season then Rose burnt out and Poch burnt out. The idea we had the fucking Real Madrid team is insane, we had the AVB/Sherwood team mostly. Poch massively overachieved with the players he had but didn’t quite reach the summit and that is held against him by a few fans.
and they are idiots. plain and simple. Over the past couple of years, A lot of Spurs fans have revealed, that whilst they have the clubs best interests at heart, that they really understand little about this sport. It's not even meant to come off as arrogant on my part, because to me they failed to contextualise what was in my mind very common sense things. Usually the same people who were riding hard for Portuguese Pulis as well.

It was obvious to halfway through 2018/19 that the team needed a refresh/injection to keep up the high energy pressing style to keep the momentum going, it didn't happen and we naturally stalled. The board basically punished Pochettino for failing to keep overachieving. Mental.

anyway, I don't want him back, not yet anyway. The dust hasn't settled yet.

I wanted him back. I never wanted him to leave in the first place. Poch elevated the standing of this club exponentially and brought pride and aspiration to the club. There's a reason why other big clubs regard him so highly.

More specifically Mourinho's reign was so depressing and against the grain of what we normally look for that I had hoped with the names like Nagelsmann and Ten Hag initially that we were going to return to the younger, dynamic model. To that extent I am conflicted about Conte. I feel like we're going to be back here in a couple of years time with an old squad needing rebuilding again. Whether he can deliver short term success is the barometer as it was with Mourinho when we sacrificed some long-held traits to hire him. Even Levy acknowledged that in his statement after sacking Mourinho.

Phew missed a potential bomb there.

It's obvious that Poch was sweating after failing to win a title in a one team league.

Spurs would have been perfect he could get away with winning nothing again, no pressure.

Thankfully the club have seen fit not to reward this serial trophy dodger for a second time.

I wanted him back. I never wanted him to leave in the first place. Poch elevated the standing of this club exponentially and brought pride and aspiration to the club. There's a reason why other big clubs regard him so highly.

More specifically Mourinho's reign was so depressing and against the grain of what we normally look for that I had hoped with the names like Nagelsmann and Ten Hag initially that we were going to return to the younger, dynamic model. To that extent I am conflicted about Conte. I feel like we're going to be back here in a couple of years time with an old squad needing rebuilding again. Whether he can deliver short term success is the barometer as it was with Mourinho when we sacrificed some long-held traits to hire him. Even Levy acknowledged that in his statement after sacking Mourinho.
The only thing Conte and Jose have in common is basically how long they last.

Conte is actually as good as his reputation suggests in 2021, he will not fracture the club, and crucially it looks like we will get a Sporting Director so I doubt we will end up with the oldest team in the league. And he is a true pragmatist (not the "parking the bus away at Crystal Palace is pragmatism crap" that Moussolini imposed on us). I only expect us to play "defensively" about 4-5 times next season.

I think we've got a few players here that have been written off by the fanbase, that Conte will rehabilitate, alongside the mini clearout - that's a sign of a great coach... that Chelsea team had Moses and Alonso as wingbacks, people laughed at them for bringing David Luiz back (Conte wanted a player who could bring the ball out of defence), and the common consensus was that Azpilicueta was too small to play as a CB.

Above all, Conte is the shock to the system the club needs, and it definitely increases our chances of Keeping Kane. When someone like this becomes available, you have to go for it.

PS - again this just shows how lucky Levy is sometimes, somehow he's landed on his feet with these appointments after our worst season in 13 years and our star player intimating that he wants out. Bastard.

Honestly, I'm relieved he's not coming back - it's too soon.

Half the players that stopped playing for him will still be at the club come the end of the transfer window, you can almost guarantee it.

We need a real freshen-up; let Conte loose on the players for a few seasons - hopefully, he'll win us something, then we can watch it all explode and give Poch the keys for the rebuild.

LAeO1JX.gif

He won't get a few Years at PSG, if they have a poor league season again and don not win the cL he will be binned
Depends.

While he doesn't get on with Leonardo, they are very impressed by his handling of the players. If he can get Mbappe to sign a new contract, the owners will love him.

Phew missed a potential bomb there.

It's obvious that Poch was sweating after failing to win a title in a one team league.

Spurs would have been perfect he could get away with winning nothing again, no pressure.

Thankfully the club have seen fit not to reward this serial trophy dodger for a second time.
Only one serial trophy dodger at our club these last 20 + years, my friend

tenor.gif

Poch's already won 2 since the cunt sacked him

Only one serial trophy dodger at our club these last 20 + years, my friend

tenor.gif

Poch's already won 2 since the cunt sacked him
He's won the French equivalent of the Johnson paint trophy and league cup, well done him.

PSG have won 6 of the past 7 titles, Poch has failed to win one of the easiest leagues on earth with billions to spend and Mbappe, Neymar and Di Maria at his disposal along with huge amounts of extra talent.

The guy also bottled the CL on top of that, just like he bottled every single cup Spurs had a shot at.

Poch is a loser full fucking stop mate.

Back
Top Bottom