Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
I'm really fucking torn on this. Bottom five form for almost half a season. Ridiculous substitutions (although this has always been the case). The return of AVB ball. My head says the whole thing is stale, the lack of refreshment in the squad is catching up to us and we need new ideas. This is certainly the worst period of Poch's reign.

My heart says this is the man that gave me my best moments supporting Spurs (and some of the most memorable feelings of my life): That win at city, Lucas at Ajax, Kane with that wondergoal at home in the NLD, Madrid at home, Barcelona away which temporarily put us top of the league. How can we just sack this man after all he has given us? I think he deserves another 5 games

Lucas gave you that particular moment with his skills, not the manager because he selected him. Now look how Poch has treated him since. That really irks.
We were only in that position for Lucas to do that because of Poch, wouldn't have happened with AVB for the last 5 years. I agree though the Lucas thing is strange. He doesn't get into my first 11 but how he wasn't worth half an hour in a game that open on Saturday I do not understand.

But he brought Llorente for Wanyama at half time, a crucial and great substitution.

Yeah but he started with Wanyama in the first place despite it being obvious to all and sundry the guy's not up to it anymore.

And I personally think Llorente's influence in that game is massively overstated. We got back into by playing good football then spent half an hour lobbing up high balls which eventually worked in the 96fh minute. A better coach would have stuck to his philosophy, but I don't think anyone knows what his philosophy is anymore.

Lucas gave you that particular moment with his skills, not the manager because he selected him. Now look how Poch has treated him since. That really irks.
Still can’t believe Poch chose Kane to start the Champions League final over Moura. One had been out for a while with an injury, lacked form and match fitness, the other was in the form of his life, scoring goals for fun and had sky high confidence.

Pochettino is nowhere as good a manager as he has been hyped up to be. He is also a bit of a bellend. His comments in the run up to one of the biggest games in our history about leaving felt like a kick in the bollocks and were completely unnecessary. He risked alienating the Spurs players, his seniors and the fan base. Fucking with their heads when 100% of the energy should have been on the final.

I’d take Allegri over the Poch of today every day of the week.

blah blah blah we lost the cl final, you guys still living in the past this season is what we should be focused on, the season just started and our team is not settled yet this happens no team is flawless we have to give the team sometime to catch some proper form again

blah blah blah we lost the cl final, you guys still living in the past this season is what we should be focused on, the season just started and our team is not settled yet this happens no team is flawless we have to give the team sometime to catch some proper form again
No excuses I'm afraid this team has been together for a while so all this settling down talk is bollocks, the team and manager are under performing poor selection, tactics, individual and collective mistakes from player's.
What happens if this form continues into February and march will it still be a case of the team needs to settle right now we need to go back to the basics of what we were good at.

Hahaha is that meant to be ironic?

I’m talking about his season as well as the shit form of the last year..... and keep getting told it’s ok BECAUSE of the CL final, ffs

Last edited:
Yeah but he started with Wanyama in the first place despite it being obvious to all and sundry the guy's not up to it anymore.

And I personally think Llorente's influence in that game is massively overstated. We got back into by playing good football then spent half an hour lobbing up high balls which eventually worked in the 96fh minute. A better coach would have stuck to his philosophy, but I don't think anyone knows what his philosophy is anymore.

Wanyama hasnt had a look in for two years, despite injuries, there has been next to zero re integration and apart from a belter at Anfield he´s been really poor (no fault of his own).
He was 99% sold on deadline day, and will be gone in January.

Yet Poch brings him on to protect a 1-0 lead against a team that was already tearing us to shreds in the second half and looked extremely dangerous all game.

Any other team and Id be accusing the manager of throwing the game to get sacked.

16/17 - £75m
17/18 - £115m
18/19 - N/A
19/20 - £150m

£340m across four seasons mate, that isn't exactly peasant money spent. Of the 14 players signed, Sissoko, Janssen, Wanyama, Nkoudou, Sanchez, Foyth, Gazzaniga, Llorente, Aurier, Lucas, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sessegnon & Clarke who honestly makes your strongest Spurs XI should everyone be fit and bang up for it? Not many of them make mine and that's nearly £350m worth of talent we are talking about.

I don't mind the occasional dud, it happens but when 75%-80% of the players signed start looking like ropey deals you're in trouble.

Exactly the spending excuse is dead and I think if most are honest they realise it’s not the key here....here’s a post I made in early 2018 regarding Liverpool’s overtaking of us and people trying to claim it was just because of money.

Still extremely relevant today

Ive answered the question several times, and detailed my thoughts. You can disagree, thats fine.

I have outlined several factors why I have come to my opinion:
Mentality
A belief in the club they play for as an elite club
Tactics
The fact that they have an inferior squad yet are having a better season
The fact we have finished above them for a decade paying less than half their wages
I think some of our players dont want to be here

You have answered with:
They spent more

Yet you cant answer why their spending didnt help them last year, or the year before, or the five years before that to finish above us. They spent more on wages all those years too.

Its a crass argument. I remember people saying Lingard was nowhere near Dele.....then we lose the semi, and its all "Utd have better players because they pay more"
So Phil Jones and Chris Smalling are better than Jan and Toby? Gotcha

Nothing to do with management and the badge on their shirt that gives them the belief to go and win and EL and CC double despite finishing 6th. No other factor as to why they win things other than "money".

Shall I let you into a little secret?
We spent 87.5M this season
69M last season
54M the one before that
28M the one before that

Thats 238.5M under Poch

Now the argument goes two ways here. First its absolute bullshit that our lack of spending is holding us back.
The big buys have been by and large underwhelming, and its the players like Dele and Eriksen that have shone.
They cost 19M combined. They are better players than Firminho and Henderson whos cost a combined 50M.

Your point is bollocks, and this proves it. Liverpool spent 75M on Van Dyke, and thats why they are above us?
Jan and Toby cost 30M combined. Is Van Dyke better because they spunked 45M more on him than we did for two "world class" defenders?
Total bollocks.

Then we have the flip side.
Since Poch took over, City have spent 800M on transfers (over half a billion more than we spent), and you can imagine what the wage cost on top of that has been in that time.

Could you please explain how then, this will be only the second time in four seasons they have finished above us if the only reason teams do better is "money".
Could it be that last season we had more belief, will and drive than they did.....? And better tactics? Despite them having superior individual talent earning three times as much as ours?

Detail, how in your opinion it was possible for us to finish above them, when we were vastly outspent.
Your views are bollocks, and a complete denial that Liverpool are just better than us this year, despite us having better individuals on paper.

If thats inconcievable to you, you dont understand the game.

Always laugh when cunts come up with this.

The people criticising Poch were livid. Why would we celebrate?

It’s the pricks who think the sun shines out of the managers arse and that he can’t do anything wrong and who don’t mind losing games and playing shit because we got to the CL final who were more likely to be smiling at the final whistle.

I was fuming 😤 when he scored because it was coming as soon as he got the ball with poor Vic unable to keep up with him

Down to Poch

Nobody will blame or ENIC though. Our meagre trophy haul during their ownership.is solely the fault of the managers!

:gallashmm:

Who else's fault is it?

Pochettino has fucked up a League Cup final, two FA Cup semi-finals, a Champions League final & treated the Europa League as a joke.

Turned over by Pompey in a FA Cup semi under Redknapp too.

Regardless of your opinions on ENIC, I find it laughable any of the above can be put at Levy's door.

Who else's fault is it?

Pochettino has fucked up a League Cup final, two FA Cup semi-finals, a Champions League final & treated the Europa League as a joke.

Turned over by Pompey in a FA Cup semi under Redknapp too.

Regardless of your opinions on ENIC, I find it laughable any of the above can be put at Levy's door.

Agreed. And anyway, regardless of whatever has happened in the past, the current situation seems pretty stale. I don't think Poch wants to be here anymore and I don't think the players are as in awe of him as they were and as a result, probably love the club less with each passing day.

I've loved Pochettino and never wanted it to end, he's been immense, but I reckon he's already thinking about his next move.

Back
Top Bottom