Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
Poch said in the summer it's going to be a painful rebuild. Well guess what, he was right
But he’s not doing it. It’s the same players as last season bar Vertonghen and Eriksen being used as a impact sub twice.
Now we’ve got Sissoko on the right wing and Rose/Son/Moura on the left. And no crosses.
And no back up strikers.

I’ve asked people time and time again but they will not answer the question.
“Simeone won’t come” is NOT an answer.

Does anyone really believe another manager couldn’t have us playing better football?
Klopp? Pep? Anyone...

Because then it’s not the squad. Just for the internal problems alone, it would help.
He shouldn’t be sacked now, but I’m pretty sure that if we’re still playing like this by Christmas, most those same people will have a very different outlook.

We are a shambles and it has nothing to do with player quality.

But he’s not doing it. It’s the same players as last season bar Vertonghen and Eriksen being used as a impact sub twice.
Now we’ve got Sissoko on the right wing and Rose/Son/Moura on the left. And no crosses.
And no back up strikers.

I’ve asked people time and time again but they will not answer the question.
“Simeone won’t come” is NOT an answer.

Does anyone really believe another manager couldn’t have us playing better football?
Klopp? Pep? Anyone...

Because then it’s not the squad. Just for the internal problems alone, it would help.
He shouldn’t be sacked now, but I’m pretty sure that if we’re still playing like this by Christmas, most those same people will have a very different outlook.

We are a shambles and it has nothing to do with player quality.

Dembele already gone, Eriksen, Alderweireld, Vertonghen coming to the end of their contracts and not wanting to renew. Trippier and Rose wanting to leave. Wanyama wth constant injuries. The squad needed a radical overhaul and it's only just begun

What is certain is that after 5 years it's only natural that there needed to be a big rebuild. This group has given it's all and now there is nothing left in the tank. The question is should Poch be given the chance to rebuild a new team of should the club be ruthless and give another manager the chance to create a new team

Simeone will not come. He has turned down big jobs in England and Italy. He doesn't want to leave A Madrid

Can another manager have us playing better football? Absolutely yes, better going forward and with more creativity. But there needs to be a balance with a good defence and that will be harder to achieve. I appreciate Pochs ability to have us defensively well organised most of the time

I have read with interest the reaction, including a poll on whether Poch or Levy is to blame, since the Newcastle defeat.
There seems to be a consensus that Poch has had his day and is no longer the man for the job. Is this merely a noisy minority, or is a managerial change on the horizon?

If I can afford it, I wouldn't question the coach after three days. Surely Tottenham is affected by the "hangover" of the finish line, but now attacking Pochettino means destabilizing the team and throwing away a year.
The best thing is to program: Has Pochettino come to an end? Good but let him work 100% and in the meantime find a new coach for next year.
He must be led to want to leave a good memory after a great journey that physiologically comes to an end.

4 games ago we played our first CL final. People want to sack him 3 games later?

Nutjobs

Last eighteen games:

W:8
Lost:8
D:2

CL Final: L

You were talking about "nutjobs"?

Take away that we backed our way into the CL final last season, and remember that PL managers were fired for producing similar PL results.

Taken over the whole of last season we would have finished twelfth.

The CL final is just papering over the real concerns, and that is we have not progressed, in fact our form peaked under Poch during our last season at WHL.

You can not rebuild a PL squad in 8 weeks. It is a gradual process and after weeks from when Poch said that, Zilch has been done with regard to want away players or re-signings in Vert, Toby, Rose, Eriksen, Wanyama or Aurier. Tripps was sold and 3 signings in this TW, Dembele replace, Eriksen replace and Rose replace.

No body including Poch are learning. Levy will not do radical changes in a flash, he will take his time and it will be a slow process over 2 to 3 seasons if not more. That is the way Levy does things which he sees it is the best for the club. Levy is very cautious and doesn't take risks.

As for Poch, he is Levy's child until he grows up. He will moan and groan in the media and Levy will buy him a toy as and when he feels right to invest in a player.

Last edited:
Fucking hell. The state of this poll!

Well done lads, you've done it. We've become Woolwich!

No, we'll become Woolwich if we keep a manager long after things have obviously gone stale.

Poch will get this season I imagine but if we don't start looking like a good team again by the end of it, it would definitely be time to say goodbye.

EC2apE6XUAIH_Oy

Some of you are a disgrace. We're three fucking games into the new season.

19 of you are complete and utter cunts and should be ashamed of yourself.
Some have already asked for him to be sacked if we lose on Sunday

Same hardcore fans who claimed to have supported this club for 30 years

Some have already asked for him to be sacked if we lose on Sunday

Same hardcore fans who claimed to have supported this club for 30 years

Have they? That's fucking ridiculous.

Who do they think we could get that is GUARANTEED to be better than Poch?!

It's a shit start to the season, not our first by the way, but I'm sure we'll be Top 4 again and wins lots of matches in the process.

Some people have clearly been listening too hard to The Hood!

:pochfacepalm:

No is the short answer.
He deserves more time.
That doesn't mean i am happy(and i am judging the performances on the end of last season as will as the first 3 games) with the way we are playing,nor do i think he is "teflon" and therefore not allowed to be criticized.
But to want him out is very very harsh and possibly very short sighted, possibly.

Back
Top Bottom